Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

I had a date this last Thu and it was like an interview, did not see a lot of emotion and laughs, basically, everytime she would ask me a question, I would answer a question, she would go quiet and then ask me another one. This woman was 42, I thought she was attractive but I quit texting her today.

The whole thing was a bit awkward and I am definitely not pursuing her, can't understand people who make a date so serious and can't even just relax, BS and have some laughs, I think now I understand why she is still single. What a freaking waste of time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 06:48 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
It sounds more like a first meeting, than a real date. And if that's what it was, then the gal was obviously unsure of you. Anyone that acts like that when they meet you is probably not worth meeting again.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
I've met the same types. My only thought is that if you know little about a person- you have to ask. But it feels very odd. The only thing I have tried to do is to answer with a lenghtly answer, adding a short story to the answer. I haven't wanted to be the one with one word questions. I certainly agree with you - if a question is fired one after the other - it's weird.
Better luck next time.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Even when we were texting, I noticed that she would basically scrutinize everything I typed. The date totally felt like a job interview, when I left, it was just like leaving a job interview, like you don't know if you got the job, if they liked you, hated you, will never call you again, etc

Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
I wonder which one of you two dropped the ball in having a smooth free flowing conversation ?

Ever met someone who did not know how to keep a conversation going ? It turns into a question and answer interview session. You may not have been your fair share in helping to keep the small talk flowing.

If you are only answering her with short yes / no type answers, she may place the blame on you.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I wonder which one of you two dropped the ball in having a smooth free flowing conversation ?

Ever met someone who did not know how to keep a conversation going ? It turns into a question and answer interview session. You may not have been your fair share in helping to keep the small talk flowing.

If you are only answereing her with short yes / no type answers, she may place the blame on you.
I am not perfect but I have a very good sense of humor and most women I have dated really like my sense of humor. I love to BS, joke around and tell stories and often, that makes the initial stress of meeting someone new go away, this time I was being myself and it did not work, I felt very uncomfortable!

Old 08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,330 times
I've been there before. There will be good and bad dates. One of the first things that attracted me to my now girlfriend is just how relaxed she made me feel on our first date. I talked about some subjects that she didn't know anything about, and she did with me, but she was interested and willing to learn. She will be my wife soon

I had a not so great experience before hand. I went on a date with an exchange student from Russia, who was too blunt to a fault. I felt like I was at an interview, and a bad one. She asked me "What are your hobbies?" To which I replied: Baseball, Exotic cars, going on rallies and jet-skiing. She replied with "You sound very...how shall I say...Immature". Little did she know that Monday-Friday I manage the Project division of a large vehicle system supplier. Instead of trying to justify my "immature" hobbies, I just left shortly after.

Online dating can be tough, you'll meet a lot of judgmental people who will make you feel like youre on a tough interview. You just have to take the good with the bad. Someday you may meet someone so wonderful that all of the bad dates you had to go through were worth it.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Hope she didn't ask you to fill out a Credit / Background check authorization and take your water glass for finger prints ?

That would be going a little far.

There's a great 4 letter word for situations like this and it's "NEXT".

Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There's a great 4 letter word for situations like this and it's "NEXT".

That's the word my ex had on one of her bathroom towels in her apartment prior to us marrying. The other was "HERS".

"HERS" & "NEXT". Talk about a red flag I totally ignored.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
She sounds like a real dud and yep, you are right, that is probably the reason she's still single. When you first meet someone it should be fun! The conversation should flow easily, there should be some mild unintentional flirting, good body language, good everything... better luck next time!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships