Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times

Advertisements

I am perfectly capable of telling you what I'd like to do. I can make reservations and plan anything from dinner to a European vacation.

I know I can do these things. I want to know if YOU can do them. Are you willing to take the time and put in the effort? Or are you going to just sit back and wait for me to plan everything? I can make a decision. I want to know if you can.

I was married to one man for more than 3 decades. He never once made dinner plans or a reservation. Honestly, I don't think he was capable of it......too much work and it might have taken a little thought. There were times when I wondered how he managed to get to work all by himself.

You know, there's something very special about someone who loves you enough to actually plan something just for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:12 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Every relationship is different. Some women make decisions, some men make decisions and some the decisions are made together. We do about 50/50. I do my own thing, he does his, we do things together and the things we do together we take turns on making plans or coming up with ideas. We have very different ideas of fun so it has to be fair in that I have to go along with his plans sometimes and vice versa. It works. But it does sometimes come down to one person just having better leadership / decision making skills!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 AM

647 posts, read 2,083,331 times
My wife has told me that she prefers for me to make most of the final big decisions because she wants me, as husband and head of the household, to act in the leadership role. This is based on our Christian faith and Biblical model of marriage. She has also mentioned that, when I act as leader (including making most of the decisions), she feels more secure. For small things like where to eat, what to wear, what to watch on t.v., etc....she does whatever she wants.....I'm saying that in the big family decisions we face, she wants me to be the leader.

This is not to say that I don't have input from her when making decisions. We share ideas, concerns, questions, etc. as we seek out solutions and answers to whatever issue, but in the end, she wants me to decide the final direction based on her input, my input, and any other counsel, research, etc. that we've had.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times
Women who need men to control everything are looking for their daddy. Stay away.

I couldn't be with a girl who take any decision on her own. You,re a grown up. If you can wipe your *ss, you should be able to decide where you want to eat everynow and then.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ive heard women say they get turned off when a Man asks them what she wants to eat or where their gonna go on a date..Why is that such a bad thing?

Are you looking for a partner or daddy? I find it stupid to tell another adult what she will eat and where shes gonna go constantly..

A partnership is supposed to be 50/50 not one person telling the other what to do...

What is it that womne like about being told what to do? Does it make you feel feminine being told what to do or is it just a case of being lazy and not wanting to put effort into the relationship?
Why dont you ask the women your heard say that. Only they can explain their feelings.

Ive never heard any woman say that they like being told what to do.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM

408 posts, read 809,409 times
I wish my SO would make all the decisions because I'm very indecisive. He's the "whatever you want" guy which is fine but I would rather he made the decisions because it would be a heck of a lot faster than waiting for me to make a choice.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I am perfectly capable of telling you what I'd like to do. I can make reservations and plan anything from dinner to a European vacation.

I know I can do these things. I want to know if YOU can do them. Are you willing to take the time and put in the effort? Or are you going to just sit back and wait for me to plan everything? I can make a decision. I want to know if you can.

I was married to one man for more than 3 decades. He never once made dinner plans or a reservation. Honestly, I don't think he was capable of it......too much work and it might have taken a little thought. There were times when I wondered how he managed to get to work all by himself.

You know, there's something very special about someone who loves you enough to actually plan something just for you.
this.

I love my hubby, but it's so infuriating when he defers to me! It's like "Jesus, dude, just pick a place!". I don't like being the one to make most/all of the decisions..........a little teamwork would be nice.

Hubby has never planned anything for me either...I often wonder if it's because he doesn't know how or if he just knows I'll eventually do it myself.

It would be nice to have something planned for me for a change vs. me planning something for us.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
When a person places the responsibility on another they can also place the blame there as well.

Some people like to take the easy way through life not making choices , changes or other things that make them a thriving human.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

That's an interesting phenomenon, isn't it?! However, they somehow manage to live before and after us... Then it must be somehow our fault that this changes while we’re with them!

Some authors refer to relationships as see-saws: the more one partner does of something; the less the other does of the same thing.

Last edited by sierraAZ; 08-17-2010 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Why do some women like the Man to make most of the decisons in a relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler39 View Post
Women are passive and they want the man to initiate everything in a relationship, whetever it is just simple stuff like initiating contact or intimacy, dates, activities and so on. Women want the man to initiate all of those things, they don't want to have to put in any effort into the relationship themselves.
I don't agree! I think women are happy that their men make some of the decisions, things like movies, restaurants, etc, but they don't want you making decisions all the time. They wan, and expect to be involved in the decision making on some things. And many times, they make better decisions than us men might make, it all depends on what you are talking about. Women expect and should get some give and take. I think that is what a relationship is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships