U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: ???
I like 33 51.56%
I hate 31 48.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 PM

12,024 posts, read 12,389,762 times

Advertisements

[quote=STT Resident;15518143]I'm assuming that because (if she really does exist) she has low self-esteem in his eyes because only someone with low self-esteem would service him?

I don't think shes the only one without self esteem.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM

33,718 posts, read 19,795,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Funny, girl. Way too old for you and way too tired right now in any case even if I were gay. Time for the old lady to go to bed, perchance to dream pleasantries. Lord knows I vividly dream a lot (and even sometimes in color) but thank goodness I've never yet dreamed of TVSG!!! Cheers, dear!
Night FWBIMD!!! Friends with benefits in my dreams.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:04 PM
miu

13,011 posts, read 22,166,533 times
I wanted to add that for me, making love to a man that I have deep feelings for is way more satisfying than plain recreational sex. And between boyfriends, I do just fine without having any sex. Plus if I am single and should come across a great guy that I would like to be in a love relationship with, I would feel much better all around if I could enter that new relationship without baggage such as a FWB in the background. And the men that I prefer dating don't believe in having FWB's, which also means that if we were in a relationship, I could trust them to not cheat on me should we be apart. I'm just not interested in dating a man that is so needy about his sexual desires. I'd like him to enjoy other things in life intensely. Having sex should not be his favorite and only recreational activity.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 PM
FBJ

34,370 posts, read 23,720,666 times
I think FWB is so popular because there is "NO DRAMA"

Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 AM

609 posts, read 673,561 times
i dont like it. i did once. but feelings happen sometimes beyond your control and its gotten me hurt a few times. and its hurt someone else. im not down anymore. im only interested in what is real now.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,251,248 times
Friends with benefits is great but what I find ironic about it is that, it is always the woman who starts these things, and they are the ones who almost always can't deal with the consequences.

I don't remember ever going up to a woman and asking, so "do you wanna be friends with benefits?" but they are ALWAYS the ones who start acting like we are in a relationship after a few sexual encounters.

Any guy who falls in love with a FWB is a pansy in my book LOL

Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,775,081 times
I hate. I would go so far, as to say, that I wouldn't date somebody that has had this arrangement.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,775,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think FWB is so popular because there is "NO DRAMA"
Really? Hmm, why? Do you actually act like a big boy in these situations?

Hey, go make a really stupid sports take. I have some time to kill this morning. I enjoy reading your utter garbage.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:24 AM

9,444 posts, read 9,988,978 times
I tried FWB during my dating days and it's just not my thing. It was disastrous, because I wasn't that physically attracted to him and as a result didn't get the enjoyment from the sexual act (because for me that goes hand in hand), but he was very attracted to me and wanted to be more than friends. So it wasn't fair for neither of us.

I realized that it just not my thing. I really need to be into a person to have sex with him and in that case, I wouldn't just want him as my friend, I would want more.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:26 AM

9,444 posts, read 9,988,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Being foreign-born, I suppose I'll never understand the concepts of "exclusiveness" and "commitment" and the need for their discussion. In (most? all?) other countries this goes without saying. You meet somebody, you like somebody, you tentatively are in relationship with somebody. Should it work, it continues; should it not, you break up. Simple as that! Nobody discusses all these "issues," "where (the hell) it's going," or whether they "see other people" (whatever the hell that means, too!). Simple life of serial monogamy! I'm not saying there are no players or cheaters, but the general population functions on these premises.
I agree with Sierra. This country really went far and beyond with building the bull**** around something that really is pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships