U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
 
30,441 posts, read 18,739,641 times
Reputation: 14878

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Here's a fun thread for your relationship forum inmates.

I was late for a team get together in the Cafeteria today and my boss reportedly told the women in the team:

"You know where he'll be, he's probably in the men's room making himself pretty"

So I reach the table and one of them calls me out, like, hey pretty boy, nice hair.

So I called the missus and asked her if I'm a pretty boy. She started laughing hysterically and said I spend too much time in style and worrying about how I look.

Could this be a case of me being pretty or is it really that time of the year where I need to ungay myself??????

Why would women call a man pretty rather than use the word handsome??
Well, first I'd cut out the hair gel, fake bake and waxing....

Do we need to do an intervention and forbid you from watching Jersey Shore?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
13,143 posts, read 10,628,255 times
Reputation: 20309
Quote:
Do we need to do an intervention and forbid you from watching Jersey Shore?
GTL all the way, my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
 
8,681 posts, read 7,648,562 times
Reputation: 14945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, first I'd cut out the hair gel, fake bake and waxing....

Do we need to do an intervention and forbid you from watching Jersey Shore?

Tanning beds are bad, bad, bad for your skin and spray tanning can look bad if it's too much. Waxing can be painful, and chest hair is a good thing.

But I can't recall a time when I dated someone who didn't use some kind of styling product. Even the military guys I knew used something in what little hair they were allowed to have.

Is it possible to go overboard? Yes. Back in the 80s when hair mousse was big, I dated a male model* and caught him using my mousse on his eyebrows. I didn't care that he was using mousse. I cared that he was using MY mousse without asking.

_____________________
*Which proves that not all male models are gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 14,212,808 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Bah on them, AC. I was thrilled when the whole metrosexual thing came around, and still highly appreciate a well-groomed man. Don't let'em bug ya. They're just jealous of your coif.

Now I'm not going to slam the "rugged" types, for they are sexy in their own way. However, if a man is weathered, blistered, and rough, well, chances are he probably has to manscape somewhere, if you know what I mean, and ain't nothin' I hate more than a big ol' thatch.

Not to put too fine a point on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 9,999,274 times
Reputation: 7883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, first I'd cut out the hair gel, fake bake and waxing....

Do we need to do an intervention and forbid you from watching Jersey Shore?

I'm not sure about fake bake...I thought that was his real skin color, being Indian and all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 14,212,808 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm not sure about fake bake...I thought that was his real skin color, being Indian and all...
You know, MM, I've lost count of the number of people who have asked me:

"Love that tan, how did you get that?"

I thought they were picking on me before, but then it dawned on me they were actually serious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 9,999,274 times
Reputation: 7883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You know, MM, I've lost count of the number of people who have asked me:

"Love that tan, how did you get that?"

I thought they were picking on me before, but then it dawned on me they were actually serious

So...I wonder....how DID you get that tan?? J/Kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM
 
3,864 posts, read 1,881,578 times
Reputation: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Here's a fun thread for your relationship forum inmates.

I was late for a team get together in the Cafeteria today and my boss reportedly told the women in the team:

"You know where he'll be, he's probably in the men's room making himself pretty"

So I reach the table and one of them calls me out, like, hey pretty boy, nice hair.

So I called the missus and asked her if I'm a pretty boy. She started laughing hysterically and said I spend too much time in style and worrying about how I look.

Could this be a case of me being pretty or is it really that time of the year where I need to ungay myself??????

Why would women call a man pretty rather than use the word handsome??
Or as Kelso would suggest, use the term "Man-pretty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
18,393 posts, read 17,102,820 times
Reputation: 17324
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Or as Kelso would suggest, use the term "Man-pretty."
In some circles it would also be "Sissy Boy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
 
Location: 'Shangri-La 'mountains west of Wolf Creek, Oregon
12,672 posts, read 8,919,446 times
Reputation: 7912
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
So...I wonder....how DID you get that tan?? J/Kidding!

Maybe,,,

Making music out in the sun, with the flute, to hypnotize the Cobra's.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top