U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,275 times
Default Gold Diggers are not as obvious in Europe

I live in TorontoCANADA
I try not to go to bars but found myself in one about a year a go.
I was standing by my self. I decided to ware the only Armani suit I have.
Nice shoes a French cuff shirt and a real watch.

I didn't even take a sip of my wine when where were two women standing beside me. Both where very attractive and their perfumes original and also expensive.

The one on my right only came up just under my arm pit (I like petite women)

The first question she asked
So.....what area d you live in? So I said Yonge and egg (a nice part of town)
oooooooooh

The next question
Do you live in a house or an apartment? A house

The next question
Do you rent or do you own? I own but said I rent

The women on the left cut in and asked exactly what most women ask in a bar here. Which makes my stomach turn. But this time I decided to stay for the full like of questioning, just to see how far is really goes.

So she too asked
Do I rent or do I own? And I said own.

Then she asked how big my mortgage was?
And I told her I did not have one anymore?
I thing the dollar signs in their eyes get bigger and bigger once they realize what a big fish they have caught. Don't worry all you guys. It is really really common.

Her next question was What kind of a car do I drive?
I said a Saab turbo - she was impressed. But I told her I also have a 750
Kawasaki and a truck with a mobile office in it, two solar vehicles and a solar bike. I figured I should give her a chance to talk about the solar things, but no.

Then she asked, what colour is the Saab.

Then she asked of there is a mrs. I said no and then she said do you want to blow the party and go somewhere more quite?

But I get them in the end, and it feels real good because the look on their faces. I tell them that my boyfriend is waiting for me and I have to go.

I am not gay and don't have a boyfriend and like women only but the look on their faces is priceless. Pay back in a way for the boras’ of questioning like it is a damn interview. I have a friend that makes millions and millions a year. He brings his tax return to the bar ands shows the gold diggers and asks. Is this good enough?

He made me a soecuil tax return that I can show women, but I won't do that. I don't want that kind of women.

I don't really know what advice I can give. I wish the world was not so shallow. But it is.

I find that European women are not that blunt and I like them better.

The truth is I need to find a women who also takes me out. I have had these and they are rare. They really don't care how much I make but later as things start to get more serious and they want to move in or you with them, money will become important again. I think there is no escaping it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 04:13 PM

12,894 posts, read 11,508,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photographerplus View Post
I live in TorontoCANADA
I try not to go to bars but found myself in one about a year a go.
I was standing by my self. I decided to ware the only Armani suit I have.
Nice shoes a French cuff shirt and a real watch.

I didn't even take a sip of my wine when where were two women standing beside me. Both where very attractive and their perfumes original and also expensive.

The one on my right only came up just under my arm pit (I like petite women)

The first question she asked
So.....what area d you live in? So I said Yonge and egg (a nice part of town)
oooooooooh

The next question
Do you live in a house or an apartment? A house

The next question
Do you rent or do you own? I own but said I rent

The women on the left cut in and asked exactly what most women ask in a bar here. Which makes my stomach turn. But this time I decided to stay for the full like of questioning, just to see how far is really goes.

So she too asked
Do I rent or do I own? And I said own.

Then she asked how big my mortgage was?
And I told her I did not have one anymore?
I thing the dollar signs in their eyes get bigger and bigger once they realize what a big fish they have caught. Don't worry all you guys. It is really really common.

Her next question was What kind of a car do I drive?
I said a Saab turbo - she was impressed. But I told her I also have a 750 Kawasaki and a truck with a mobile office in it, two solar vehicles and a solar bike. I figured I should give her a chance to talk about the solar things, but no.

Then she asked, what colour is the Saab.

Then she asked of there is a mrs. I said no and then she said do you want to blow the party and go somewhere more quite?

But I get them in the end, and it feels real good because the look on their faces. I tell them that my boyfriend is waiting for me and I have to go.

I am not gay and don't have a boyfriend and like women only but the look on their faces is priceless. Pay back in a way for the boras’ of questioning like it is a damn interview. I have a friend that makes millions and millions a year. He brings his tax return to the bar ands shows the gold diggers and asks. Is this good enough?

He made me a soecuil tax return that I can show women, but I won't do that. I don't want that kind of women.

I don't really know what advice I can give. I wish the world was not so shallow. But it is.

I find that European women are not that blunt and I like them better.

The truth is I need to find a women who also takes me out. I have had these and they are rare. They really don't care how much I make but later as things start to get more serious and they want to move in or you with them, money will become important again. I think there is no escaping it.

LOL, Good for you....I've heard this story before, from several men..

Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 AM

16,237 posts, read 18,697,756 times
I don't know if you are old or young, but if you are old and you think young women are attracted to you because you're so outstanding and attractive, think again. Paul McCartney, Larry King, Hugh Hefner, is that you?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 PM

113 posts, read 227,789 times
Wink I find it interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
To try to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she just wants to make sure you are a financially stable individual and NOT a bum. To be honest, I am too old, if I were single mind you, to want to get involved with somebody that has a job every other week...or a low paying job so that he could barely afford an...apartment. I hope that doesn't sound shallow, but dreams and goals of a home and children and being secure doesn't happen with broke people

Yes, I have known 2 gold-diggers. They only wanted to be with REALLY successful people because they wanted their diamond tennis bracelets and 2 million dollar home.

I am not a gold digger. I make my own money Though, if I found someone with great character, and was a millionare...that would be nice too!
I find it interesting , I have never heard a man say " if I found someone who was a millionare , that would be nice too" ect ect. Never heard that from a man. I have heard them say other things , like Wow I'd do that! But it's Never about the money. I think it's because Men just don't think that way, when it comes to a woman with money a man knows IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.
Perhaps it's because women are smart---they know to stay away from men that don't have their own money because they know it's not only getting your money, it's also about KEEPING IT.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Default if you have money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Maybe you should invest in a first date car, get an old chevette with 4 mini spares and tell them its a low rider. Might not get a second date but the giggles would be priceless.
If you have money DO NOT FLASH IT. If you must flash your money to get her attention , your gut should be speaking to you loud and clear. This person I quoted has the right idea. Why spend all this bread when you hardly know her?? You know she's only going to want you to do better next time!
Do yourself a favor , Save the Filet Mignon , Lobster and Dom Perignon till AFTER she puts the ring through your noise.

Untill then do something " sweet " like cook , make sandwichs if she REALLY LIKES YOU she will coo and aww and think your the greatest. If she aludes to money in any way....Then You Know.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 PM

Default This woman knows how....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i have never learned the art of gold digging and never had the desire to...on the other hand, i have gone the opposite "extreme" by marrying men who make a third of what i do, and they all caused me to go dirt broke trying to support them and their "toys"......i had to buy my own wedding rings, never had a dinner paid for by any of them. i was the main breadwinner. i have found that alot of us registered nurses seem to get into that cycle-i reckon its the caretaking nurturing thing. but i have had enough, at my age, i dont have the energy to financially support another man. i work Emergency Room and i work my butt off........it would be really nice to be treated to a nice dinner every now and then, be spoiled. but i wont be digging for gold, but would prefer to find a man whos income at least matches mine........
This woman knows how the man feels. You work hard , make your own living. Were smart enough to get a good career. You diserve as good as you give. I don't think it golddigging to want a partner, a guy who is your equal. Though honestly one does not have to make the same amount to give in a relationship. One does have to make the effort. After all , anyone with a job can pay for a dinner now and then. But it takes effort and creativitiy to come up with a interesting date.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:34 PM

14,755 posts, read 14,152,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
All she wanted to talk about was $$$. Anyone else disgusted by this?
I met TWO like that in the same parish sponsored Catholic singles group in a major city. Back to back. In a CHURCH group. I was stunned. They were trying to cozy up with me, more than the other way around...particularly the second one. I worked for a large company at the time and had a coat and tie job and, at 28, had my own house, though small. I need money to live, but I am not obsessed with it. I left the group.

Just for fun, I will recount the incidents.

First lady (about 27):
Her: My mother paid you a compliment?
Me: Oh really, what was that?
Her: She said you'd be a good provider

Next lady (about 25):
Her: I told my parents about you.
Me: What did you tell them?
Her: That you were a (occupation), that your worked for (name of company) and that you have a house.
Me: Oh, I see...

Isn't this hilarious? I though it was so absurd that I couldn't even get mad. With the second one, note there was nothing mentioned about personality, intelligence, or even appearance....

Old 03-09-2008, 06:50 AM

12,894 posts, read 11,508,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTom View Post
If you have money DO NOT FLASH IT. If you must flash your money to get her attention , your gut should be speaking to you loud and clear. This person I quoted has the right idea. Why spend all this bread when you hardly know her?? You know she's only going to want you to do better next time!
Do yourself a favor , Save the Filet Mignon , Lobster and Dom Perignon till AFTER she puts the ring through your noise.

Untill then do something " sweet " like cook , make sandwichs if she REALLY LIKES YOU she will coo and aww and think your the greatest. If she aludes to money in any way....Then You Know.
absolutely
I dated a man who flashed, and now I know why...it turned me off big time...big time! Still does...but after skimming through some of these, I understand why....
shhhessh, what is the world coming to?
I don't care where a man is from, or what he did in his past...what I care about is that he is real...not a player...but caring, gentle and kind...compassionate and owns respect for himself...money, isn't everything...period...
neither are looks....

great thread and guys, I commend you....

Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 AM

2,170 posts, read 4,493,503 times
Television is where the world is going to.. I mean look at all those videos that show "bling bling", everyone wants that. Gone are the days of having a nice family and stuff like that.. its all about what the Jonses have and trying to beat them at getting something better. All of that takes money... so to make sure whoever you go with, you have to make sure they have money.

I have seen it happen time and time again. I cant count the number of times that some gal has come up to me with some sob story about how she cant pay her bill this month... It pretty much disgusts me to where I have turned off to it. So then the next thing you get accused of is... wow he is such an a-hole. It is one of those no win situations!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:18 AM

14,755 posts, read 14,152,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
It pretty much disgusts me to where I have turned off to it. So then the next thing you get accused of is... wow he is such an a-hole. It is one of those no win situations!
It IS disgusting and you should laugh at the accusation.

No, if you didn't shell out, it is you who WON. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships