U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Texas
2,169 posts, read 4,414,163 times
Reputation: 1302
Hey I am all for the women trying to find someone so that they can better themselves.. but man.. please .. dont freaking try to advertise it all the time.. It is a definite turn off for me. Once I hear that from you.. your done.. I aint no ones sugar daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,484,672 times
Reputation: 22719
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
25% women - they NAG and their "honey do" list annoys men, so they walk, or cheat until they walk
Well, if things get done, there wouldn't be need for nagging, would there?! I'm yet to meet somebody who ENJOYS nagging just for the heck of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM
 
14,755 posts, read 13,485,452 times
Reputation: 8079
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, if things get done, there wouldn't be need for nagging, would there?! I'm yet to meet somebody who ENJOYS nagging just for the heck of it.
The nagging is more of an APPROACH that is one of entitlement or one that is condescending, in essence belittling the breadwinner in the home. I have seen this several times.

Just one story, the EXTREME: my mother has one fellow parishioner friend, much younger than my retired mom. This lady is the most disgusting human being I've ever met. She is all about "look at me, I'm a good Catholic," helping out at the church, doing evalengical type work, but it's all social and she REFUSES to work like her husband asks of her. (Kids are now in LATE teen years, that was her previous excuse). He is a salesman of sorts...a middle class wage earner. On the flip side, she berates her husband, to his face and behind his back (INCLUDING TO ME), even on topics such as how much money he makes. She runs up the credit cards. She is also an alcoholic.

She is the consummate NAG and if her husband ever divorces her, which he is too stupid NOT to do, I will gladly go to the tribunal for annulment and testify on his behalf. But, you know what, he will probably go out and marry a similar douche bag as he is spineless to begin with. People get locked into bad relationship patterns, it seems, from the way my friends in poor relationships have tended to repeat them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,484,672 times
Reputation: 22719
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The nagging is more of an APPROACH that is one of entitlement or one that is condescending, in essence belittling the breadwinner in the home. I have seen this several times.

Just one story, the EXTREME: my mother has one fellow parishioner friend, much younger than my retired mom. This lady is the most disgusting human being I've ever met. She is all about "look at me, I'm a good Catholic," helping out at the church, doing evalengical type work, but it's all social and she REFUSES to work like her husband asks of her. (Kids are now in LATE teen years, that was her previous excuse). He is a salesman of sorts...a middle class wage earner. On the flip side, she berates her husband, to his face and behind his back (INCLUDING TO ME), even on topics such as how much money he makes. She runs up the credit cards. She is also an alcoholic.

She is the consummate NAG and if her husband ever divorces her, which he is too stupid NOT to do, I will gladly go to the tribunal for annulment and testify on his behalf. But, you know what, he will probably go out and marry a similar douche bag as he is spineless to begin with. People get locked into bad relationship patterns, it seems, from the way my friends in poor relationships have tended to repeat them.
That's not quite the nagging I had in mind. The example above sounds like a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
 
12,614 posts, read 11,101,568 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The nagging is more of an APPROACH that is one of entitlement or one that is condescending, in essence belittling the breadwinner in the home. I have seen this several times.

Just one story, the EXTREME: my mother has one fellow parishioner friend, much younger than my retired mom. This lady is the most disgusting human being I've ever met. She is all about "look at me, I'm a good Catholic," helping out at the church, doing evalengical type work, but it's all social and she REFUSES to work like her husband asks of her. (Kids are now in LATE teen years, that was her previous excuse). He is a salesman of sorts...a middle class wage earner. On the flip side, she berates her husband, to his face and behind his back (INCLUDING TO ME), even on topics such as how much money he makes. She runs up the credit cards. She is also an alcoholic.

She is the consummate NAG and if her husband ever divorces her, which he is too stupid NOT to do, I will gladly go to the tribunal for annulment and testify on his behalf. But, you know what, he will probably go out and marry a similar douche bag as he is spineless to begin with. People get locked into bad relationship patterns, it seems, from the way my friends in poor relationships have tended to repeat them.
when I was married, we, had a friend like that, she was awful...she left HIM with the kids, she yelled and screamed at the kids and him, if they came over or you were over there, she had no self control or discipline. Well, she came to my home, (I had just gotten out of the hospital and was on some kind of meds) (now remember, she left him, but expected him to still take care of her, help her with the car, etc...) she started screaming about, how it is HIS Fault, SHE has to sleep on a mattress on her floor?????? I mean, she was screaming....I couldn't take it...and I said...."You deserve to sleep on the floor!" That was the end of that tune....SHE started screaming at me....and so, my husband, took her by the arm and escourted her out...now, of course, she never blamed my husband, now ex? and then, HER Husband had the nerve to tell me I couldn't speak to anyone like that? Yet she was standing there slinging every four letter word in the book....especially the mother of all four letter words....????? and spitting at me to boot???????

I never regreted saying that....didn't want a friend like her....she was nuts and he was just as nuts for going back to her, when SHE said, it was ok to get back together. Shhhessh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
 
40,871 posts, read 42,364,466 times
Reputation: 12253
There are alot of gold digging men and women out there;always has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:32 PM
 
24,203 posts, read 24,719,158 times
Reputation: 32004
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
There are alot of gold digging men and women out there;always has been.
True. I dated a coal heiress once for about six months. I have to admit that there were some things about it that were great. Her father had all kinds of vacation properties that we'd use, etc. etc. She was funny, intelligent, and gorgeous.

But, in the end, I broke it off for a couple of reasons. First, she was spoiled rotten and a daddy's girl to boot. Second, I could tell that her dad was a domineering sort who was going to tell me how to live my life. He was already weighing in on my choice of professions, my degree, my car, and a dozen other things. Of course, I told him once or twice to mind his own business (It seems to be a common thread in my posts today), for which he seemed to respect me more. But I also knew that this guy would make my life hell until he went to the great coal pit in the sky.

So, word to the wise. When you marry for money, you pay for every dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
 
14,755 posts, read 13,485,452 times
Reputation: 8079
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Second, I could tell that her dad was a domineering sort who was going to tell me how to live my life. He was already weighing in on my choice of professions, my degree, my car, and a dozen other things. Of course, I told him once or twice to mind his own business

So, word to the wise. When you marry for money, you pay for every dime.
So many people are judgmental about that kind of stuff...sad. You know, even of the licensed professions (I'm including pharm., P.E., AIA, CPA), a good chunk of them don't break the 6-figure zone. Some of them do, however, reach and stay in the high-5-figure zone according to published studies..in today's dollars. I'm sure that 6 figures is, at the very least, the "entry level" for some gold-diggers, am I right? And it better be more than $ 102,000....LOL.

What does the last phrase mean...that you pay for it in aggravation?

Now, what do you folks thinking about the product of simple middle-class parents dating a doctor's daughter, I'm talking as an adult and where our parents are in retirement? Is an "expectations" level still there? I was wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Status: "Participant Observer" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: In the woods next to the ocean
3,893 posts, read 8,032,995 times
Reputation: 5728
Years ago I spent the summer in the Sierra Mountains with two gold-digging females.

But they were lazy and didn't produce.

So I sold my mining claim to a Chinese guy from San Francisco.

He dug up a fortune and bought a Pizza shop in San Jose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
12,689 posts, read 20,905,108 times
Reputation: 9772
Women shouldn't regard their men as ATM machines. And I despise women that get pregnant in an effort to hook a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top