Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 PM

76 posts, read 443,906 times

Advertisements

How many sexist men are out there creating stupid threads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
Um, we are from Los Angeles.....do you know how ODD he is in many circles? But we have found many who have similar values to ours, it just takes time to find them!

I would not have married him had he been any different.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I'll have to congratulate you for finding someone who places more importance on family and personal relationships than career/money. Such a person is hard to find in DC.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
Oh you're in LA? whew, even tougher!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:59 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,037 times
None of my girlfriends will be gold diggers. I don't have nothin' for them to golddig.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
Quote:
heh...you're in Scottsdale, what do you expect? LoL She needs someone to pay for the boobs & the salon & whatever other "upkeep" she may require...
Yeah, I should maybe start looking in a different part of the Valley.

Quote:
Ok, did you notice you said "hot" twice? Methinks you both have your priorities a bit skewed!
Well she was. I'm sorry but does anyone NOT want an attractive girlfriend (or boyfriend)? Yes there are more important things but attractiveness is a fairly important thing in Scottsdale. One of the things that definetly ranks higher than appearance is the ability to carry on a conversation which she couldn't to save her life.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times
So? Take her home and then give her a few bucks in the morning.

That should make her happy.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM

549 posts, read 2,384,087 times
There is something positive to be said about inner beauty. When the person exudes a certain intangible endearing quality that makes the person more attractive.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:26 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I cannot tell you, how many women at work I've heard say, I'm looking for a man with lots of money, and won't accept anything else, and I don't care how nice he is...and I smile to myself thinking..."hmmmm, they get exactly what they deserve".

Now if you happen to meet someone, woman/man who is quit well to do, and fall in love that is a different story. But to go out and capture someone just b/c you want to be taken care of, is deceipful and a crummy under-handed way to start a relationship.

Matter of fact, I know women who have made a career of doing just that, and have never had to work, a day in their lives...and would not hestitate to divorce a man and take him for everything he has, and more.

That disgusts me, and to me, is not better then holding a gun to someone's head and pulling the trigger. Why would you treat another human being like that?

To me, and for me, that is just a bad as a women who holds the kids over her ex husbands head, playing tug of war with them, to get more and more money. Unfair and unacceptable!!!!

To me and for me, there are wayyyyy more important things in life then money and to be taken care of....I can do that all on my own.

It's like the old saying, I can live without you, but I don't want to....or I don't need you, life is just better with you in it, yanno?

Anyway, that's just my take.....

Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
cremebrulee (every time I read your moniker, my stomach yearns for a bowl of creme brulee with sugar on top)

I agree. That's why I take women on a joyride in my yellow volkswagon at 5 mph under the speed limit, and told her that if she'd help with the gas money, I'd give her a kiss.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
cremebrulee (every time I read your moniker, my stomach yearns for a bowl of creme brulee with sugar on top)

I agree. That's why I take women on a joyride in my yellow volkswagon at 5 mph under the speed limit, and told her that if she'd help with the gas money, I'd give her a kiss.
Love cremebrulee and enjoy making it for dinner guests...

LOL.....Your a hoot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships