Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOdeeDOO View Post
Ah, fair-weather friends. The reason why I avoid bars nowadays. I've really found who my TRUE friends are. Just take some time off, and let THEM contact YOU. Then you know who counts.

Good points. I don't go to bars myself. I don't fit in at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
It's unbelieveable! I went to a bar tonight and met a young, hot, single, hot woman who was not interested in ANYTHING besides the size of my wallet and how many 0's there my in your bank acount. All she wanted to talk about was $$$. Anyone else disgusted by this?

I'm sorry I know there are plenty of nice women who could care less what a person makes but for every one like that there seem to be 5 who do!
no it does not come up here. they already got money. they are lookin for young boys.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM

You guys are looking for the wrong kind of woman. You want the vamps and the high maintenance ones.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I think it goes to how women are conditioned. Women look for providers. They like guys who are successful, and it's one of the first things they look for, much in the same way guys tend to look at a woman's attractiveness first.

Some women are just more obvious in a bar setting because they have a little alcohol in them. Guys are the same way after they get a little alcohol in them as well. It's just instead of looking at bank accounts they look at body parts.
I know when I meet a guy, I'd like him to be financial solvent and have a decent job. I don't need a filthy rich man, but I'd like someone who can support us both. I've worked hard all my life, and I'm tired. besides, if a woman wants to be poor, she can do it all on her own.

greenie

Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Default Only mess around with rich women

Get rich women only. Ask for small amounts at first.

If she is giving you money; by definition she can not be a gold digger. Whatever her other small faults, you will have pocket change.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Get rich women only. Ask for small amounts at first.

If she is giving you money; by definition she can not be a gold digger. Whatever her other small faults, you will have pocket change.

Speaking as a man, I have to say that's perilously close to a male golddigger. Not fair to slam female golddiggers and not slam the male ones in equal measure.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Speaking as a man, I have to say that's perilously close to a male golddigger. Not fair to slam female golddiggers and not slam the male ones in equal measure.
I thought the same thing...anytime someone wants to use someone for their money...
I used to think I'd be willing to share a household again with someone and put our incomes together for a higher standard of living, but after reading some of these posts, I am more aware of what is going on out there.
I think I will keep my income to myself.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I tried gold digging one time and....

I ended up with fools gold

http://bestsmileys.com/funny/6.gif (broken link)

Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 PM

45 posts, read 130,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I tried gold digging one time and....

I ended up with fools gold

http://bestsmileys.com/funny/6.gif (broken link)

thanks for the laugh
WHAT A SAD SITUATION

Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I have a very wealthy uncle on my dad's side of the family, and in 1997, he met a much younger woman. At the time he was 65 and she was somewhere in her early 30's. They got married in 1998, but it didn't take long for him to realize that her motives were obvious, she was the gold digger type. To make a long story short, they divorced sometime in late 2000 or early 2001, and from what I heard, she ended up with a nice sum of money and other assets.

There are plenty of gold diggers out there, both men and women, and I hope single people out there use common sense and are careful about choosing a spouse.
this gives me chills and breaks my heart...my son's wife's mother is like this...she's actually made a living out of it, and what makes me even more upset is, her daughter married my son. He loves her so much, she is beautiful and does possess some very admirable qualities, but beneath it all, b/c her mother was so dysfunctional and a lable buyer only...that is all my DIL wants. She is so calculating, miserable, mood swings like you cannot imagine...and all she cares about are results, and to hell with everyone else's feelings. She is so self absorbed it's difficult to be around her, she has no social skills what so ever...the moment they were married she started in on me...hates me with a passion...and my son, has bought all her lies...his head is burried so deep in the sand, that it really has taken it's toll over the past 10 years. She is exhausting, kinda like an emotional vampire...I chose to seperate myself from them...and my grand daughter. She is so jealous of anyone who comes thru the wall that she has built around them...I can't take it anymore, and she is so obvious???? My son, is a completely different person, I don't know him any longer...it's really very upsetting...so, I can really understand where you are coming from...and this woman has the nerve to go to church ever week. I dont' believe she possesses a conscience. Most of my friends tell me, that she wanted this and was working towards it...and I was damed from the very beginning. Well, maybe so, but I feel sorry for my son and grand daughter....and when my son wakes up, he will I fear, have hell to pay...the guilt will hurt him very badly.

But I will add this...it is not up to us, to hate or get even...I believe, what goes around comes around...eventually...and will continue to pray for the 3 of them.

In my son's case, he only saw her beauty..plus his father married a woman much like his wife. I did a very bad thing. When my son started going to high school, I allowed him to go live with his father full time...I "thought" he needed his father's influence. I was sorely wrong...his father is so passive and compromised everything to keep peace...the woman he married, is very evil...and doesn't care about the feelings of others either. She made a comment to him, once at the dinner table in front of my son..."When your dead, I'll be a rich woman". God, how do these women get to be who they are? The people they hurt, and they don't care.

Do you know, that she knows very well of the conflict between my DIL and myself...and when we bump into each other, she says really horrible things to hurt...like "We had your grand daughter all day, all to ourselves". And yanno, truth is, my grand daughter is his grand daughter to...I don't care if they had her 24/7....but what I just can't seem to fathom is the venumn behind her comments...as if she's sticking the knife in and twisting it...sheesh...how does a human being get to be like that? And they go to church every week to....can you imagine???????

These people are no better the criminals in my book. They squeeze the life out of others slowly, to get what they want. They are indeed, emotional vampires.

Sorry to hijack this thread...but something just triggered in me, reading your post. I'm so sorry your uncle bought this, but as my son, there is something wrong that they were both so co-dependent on these women and couldn't see the forest thru the trees.

I'm sorry to say this, but and I'm very ashamed to admit, I hate people whose only drive in life if material wealth...God, what could they be thinking?

My oh my, what we humans will do for love???????

Hugs to you
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-08-2007 at 05:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships