Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM

115 posts, read 283,065 times

Advertisements

This is mostly for ppl in this forum who are in a interacial relationship or who were at some point of there lives. Ok I must first start off by saying I dont want this to be a bashing session. I used to be an equal opportunity brother. My last for lack of better words girl friend was white Greek to be exact. I thought things were gonna be great between us until I started catching her in her lies. She had no intentions of informing her parents that she was into a black man which I didnt understand because she even once ask to marry me. I got tired of her games and was growing weiry of interacil relationship drama. The problem is I miss her but mostly I miss the way she looked( shallow I know). I miss her long black hair. her milky skin beautiful brown that sometimes changes to green eyes. To get to the point I think some of us will miss what we dont have anymore or even realize well maybe we are more attracted to another race more than I own. I like snow bunnys... no I really like snow bunnys. Love the woman that I am with now, however, I really like tanned white women also I know I cant have both. Anyway does anyone ever miss their opposite race counter part and if things were differnt would they go back to them dispite the drama? You can be honest your partner will not know your secret is safe with me

Last edited by michaelcarter2008; 04-07-2009 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,224,424 times
Shouldn't this be in the Relationships forum?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,768,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Relationships forum?
Yes, it should.
Moving.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,069,030 times
We have had several threads covering this subject. Too many. I have had nothing but interracial relationships for the past 15 years and have never had any drama. I would never be in a relationship with someone who is embarrassed or unwilling to acknowledge our relationship. That is a sign of immaturity that has nothing to do with race.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM

12,884 posts, read 13,550,813 times
I think the foundation of a good interacial relationship is the familly has to be at least non-judgemental about it . It is more important if you are young and still at home. The first time I was faced with an interacial dating situation the woman told me her father was a bigot. That ended me pursuing her as anything other than a personal friend even though we thought we were in love with each other. IMO I felt it would be selfish of me to pull her away fom her familly. It will ultimately put undue presure on a couple to stay together just to prove people wrong.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-07-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,261,656 times
And this is the 27,000th interracial thread ladies and gents!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the replies. I don't spend alot of time surfing on here to know what other ppl have posted I have a life and alos a job no offense to those who are struggling to find employment I help ppl with that if anyone needs suggestions. And as far as my spelling grammer waht ever, I type really fast and as I stated am at work so I some times dont get a chance to correct everthing. This site needs spell check bad even with three degrees I make mistakes Most importantly, I asked for ppl to respond who were in those types of relationships If anyone took the time to read my post they would see the question asked would you go back to that same person or another like that one dispite the problems? And for the loser who said learn to spell; its really simple just dont reply there are many ppl who are interested in giving valid and helpful points to my post yours is not needed. thanx for your intellegent thoughts

Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,000,181 times
I think you have no point here and I know you didn't use the search function that this forum offers. I think you are here to sing your sad song and throw a pity party in your honor. your little (or big) greek friend played you, get over it! there are tons of fish in the sea. i'm sure you have a lot to offer, you'll find someone better. keep your chin up.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM

Ok I guess my post wass moved to the apropriate place now. Thanx for everyones reply. I am starting to asome either ppl dont read the post or there are many ppl on here that have been in interacial relationships and are wondering about going back to one though.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 AM

12,884 posts, read 13,550,813 times
with 6-7% of married couples claiming to be inter-racial , I can see why it's so popular on chat sites and forums, If you include dating the % is going to be obviously a lot higher, the divorce rate after 10 years is only about 10% higher for bi-racial couples. The problem in America is most bi-racial couples are comprised of white men with anybody else they want (with the exception of black women) The most talked about interracial couples are those involving black people. (who are the least likely of all ethnic groups to marry out side of their own race)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships