U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM

8,122 posts, read 5,107,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If there are any Pro's about dipping it is that you don't have to worry about second hand smoke or your house smelling like cigarettes. Many times people who dip also smoke and will dip because they are in a place where there is no smoking allowed.

So in a way, many dip out of consideration of others.

Civilized people do a whole lot of stuff we all might find beyond our beliefs. To me, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with nothing more than a tablecloth attached to strings goes way beyond doing some snuff.
The civilised comment was purely about spitting. I was brought up to believe it wasn't polite to spit in public. But as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else I don't care what people do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM

17,178 posts, read 15,225,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The civilized comment was purely about spitting. I was brought up to believe it wasn't polite to spit in public. But as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else I don't care what people do.
Yeap, but chewing tobacco or dipping snuff results in the mouth generating all kinds of extra spit that has to be released to the world ever so often. It's not real classy but most considerate Dippers are fairly considerate since they know it's not pretty and can discretely use a spit cup. Most guys who do it know it's not high on the sexy things that turn women on list.

Then there are the rude and crude guys who don't care.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:10 PM

12,059 posts, read 7,910,150 times
Quote:
If there are any Pro's about dipping it is that you don't have to worry about second hand smoke or your house smelling like cigarettes. Many times people who dip also smoke and will dip because they are in a place where there is no smoking allowed.

So in a way, many dip out of consideration of others.

Civilized people do a whole lot of stuff we all might find beyond our beliefs. To me, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with nothing more than a tablecloth attached to strings goes way beyond doing some snuff.

When yer ona mission & the plane can't land...Whatcha gonna do but?

YELL Geronimo & jump outta de plane...

hahaha

Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM

751 posts, read 840,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What do you think of guys who dip? I have a co-worker, Sean who is a pretty nice guy, college graduate, has no problems meeting girls but he still does it at work, I guess, cant take the country out of the boy. I know he is addicted, I carry Skoal pouches in my truck for when I go fishing, hunting but I aint never been addicted to it. Sean does long cut Skoal and Copenhagen everyday and I can tell he is very much addicted to it. I am guessing most guys hide it from women if they dip, or maybe a true redneck girl would not mind her man doing it, would you dump a man if you found out he dipped?

It looks pretty yucky to me.When I see men doing this they remind me of a chipmunk or someone punched them in the cheek.LOL To each their own thing I guess.If it's legal and feels good do it I guess.LOL

Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When yer ona mission & the plane can't land...Whatcha gonna do but?

YELL Geronimo & jump outta de plane...
Hopefully you don't get half way down before you realize you forgot your chute.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,617,668 times
I've seen guys stuck in traffic actually open their driver's side door to spit on the road. What do they do when moving?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
I've seen guys stuck in traffic actually open their driver's side door to spit on the road. What do they do when moving?
Some have brown stripes down the side of their truck and it's not mud. The others use that nasty spit cup I mentioned.

When that cup is full, they'll let it sit in the hot sun for several days and then throw it at any driver who cuts them off in traffic. That's why we Texas guys know to never mess with a Cowboy in a Pickup. (Also, they have big guns.)

Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,617,668 times
Quote:
Some have brown stripes down the side of their truck and it's not mud. The others use that nasty spit cup I mentioned.

When that cup is full, they'll let it sit in the hot sun for several days and then throw it at any driver who cuts them off in traffic. That's why we Texas guys know to never mess with a Cowboy in a Pickup. (Also, they have big guns.)
Ha, yeah, I was going to add that I don't ever think I've seen this happen in anything other than a pickup truck.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:35 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,991,173 times
No! That's one of the things I just couldn't deal with.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM

2,800 posts, read 2,907,749 times
Quote:

This is hilarious! In Oklahoma, hillbillies do the same, keep the cup full of spit handy and if anybody pisses you off, throw it at their windshield, this is definitely uncivilized behavior
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships