Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I will keep that in mind.
I know an excellent park in SD....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I know an excellent park in SD....
I know of several locations that are way out of the way. Some that require 4x4 to reach.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
On a first date, what is the best type of restaurant? Something not too cheap but not too romantic. Fast food basically says to the person that you are either broke or extremely cheap.
When a girl has taken me out for dinner on a first date or date #100, I can care less if she takes me to an elegant fancy candlelit restaurant on the last floor of a skyscraper or a hotdog stand. I am already happy and excited that she asked me out, the food is just an extra.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Chinese food.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
On a first date, what is the best type of restaurant? Something not too cheap but not too romantic. Fast food basically says to the person that you are either broke or extremely cheap. Pizza is more suitable for a night out with the guys. Sushi...most people either like it or hate it and its best to have an established relationship with somebody before trying to pull it..or any eclectic cuisine for that matter. Italian and/or steakhouses are best kept for special occasions and if you try to pull it on a first date you will come across as desperate. A bar and grill is appropriate if you want to get laid but not if you want a more lasting, meaningful relationship. I guess seafood or Mexican could work...not too cheap but not too romantic. What are people's opinions? What is the best cuisine for a first date?

LOL a little nervous are we? You're putting a lot of thought into this... best thing to do is a local good place that has good ambiance, good food, a little on the quieter side (better for conversation) but no messy foods that you have to eat with your hands OR foods that stay with you (garlicky, etc). Italian is an okay first place to go, that way there is a selection, they tend to be on the smaller side and more intimate and no messy foods.
good luck and stop worrying AND ask your date her opinion!!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:14 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I know of several locations that are way out of the way. Some that require 4x4 to reach.
Sounds like fun!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Take her to eat something slightly exotic like Vietnamese or Cuban, not that they are that rare in big cities. The deal is to go someplace slightly out of her comfort zone and see what happens. If she's gracious and curious, you might have a winner. If she complains, you can ditch her.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times
Probably a nice meal at a diner which has a buffet style.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
On a first date, what is the best type of restaurant? Something not too cheap but not too romantic. Fast food basically says to the person that you are either broke or extremely cheap. Pizza is more suitable for a night out with the guys. Sushi...most people either like it or hate it and its best to have an established relationship with somebody before trying to pull it..or any eclectic cuisine for that matter. Italian and/or steakhouses are best kept for special occasions and if you try to pull it on a first date you will come across as desperate. A bar and grill is appropriate if you want to get laid but not if you want a more lasting, meaningful relationship. I guess seafood or Mexican could work...not too cheap but not too romantic. What are people's opinions? What is the best cuisine for a first date?

Find out what she likes...then choose
I'd say Italian works best....

Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,393,259 times
No chains, no fast food, no Italian, no Greek (food)....anything with chopsticks - see how adventurous she is....and if she can't use chopsticks, that's a big deal killer in my book anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships