Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Nice guys are boring and most women will either get bored with them after a while, move on to somebody else(like a jerk) or exploit the guy's niceness and be the one telling them what to do.

There is no better way to keep a woman interested than being a jerk(it does not have to be all the time, though!)

If you want a woman to respect you, be a jerk and put her in her place everytime you catch her slipping , it will keep her interested.

but how exactly do you be a "jerk"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
but how exactly do you be a "jerk"?
If a woman starts with BS, I put her right in her place. Some nice guys are weak minded and they don't even know how to stand up for themselves. Also, if you catch a woman slipping, you need to be firm and be like "Listen up, *****" Dang, I sound like a pimp LOL . I know all the games women play and unfortunately, you need to always be ahead of their games, nice guys get stepped on if they don't know how to play the game.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:26 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I met this guy at work. At first I wasn't too interested in him because he's not my type physically. He's good looking, just not usually what I go for. But after talking to him a bit, he was just so sweet and friendly I decided to give him some more of my attention, and I'm finding that I could possibly like him.

I invited him out with some friends next week, because I'm hoping to get to know him better and see if there's any kind of connection. I'm usually not this forward, but he seems kind of shy and I know I may not see him again (do to work circumstances) so I figured, why not?

There are all these stories out there about women dating jerks. Does anyone have any good stories about nice, decent men?
I don't agree with the jerk/nice guy ideal. boring and exciting are relative terms.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
If a woman starts with BS, I put her right in her place. Some nice guys are weak minded and they don't even know how to stand up for themselves. Also, if you catch a woman slipping, you need to be firm and be like "Listen up, *****" Dang, I sound like a pimp LOL . I know all the games women play and unfortunately, you need to always be ahead of their games, nice guys get stepped on if they don't know how to play the game.
i feel like around here, saying "Listen up, *****" to a woman will get you a swift kick in the nuts

Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,989 times
Quote:
I agree. Usually I date men who are artistic,intellectual, kind of edgy, but he's more down to earth and into sports. I have my doubts about whether there can be a connection since our personalities seem to be so different, but I figure its worth a try. Plus I think its kind of cute the way he seems kind of nervous around me.
Just pointing this out: he could be intellectual or artistic/creative, for all you know. I've been described as "intellectual" and I write for a living. I also like sports, I'm not really anyone's idea of "edgy," I'm reserved and sort of nervous around women, I hold doors open for people and I go visit my grandma most Sundays. Not all "intellectual" types are tortured souls with difficult personalities. And not all "nice" guys are bland, uninteresting and spineless.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwattagelimit View Post
Just pointing this out: he could be intellectual or artistic/creative, for all you know. I've been described as "intellectual" and I write for a living. I also like sports, I'm not really anyone's idea of "edgy," I'm reserved and sort of nervous around women, I hold doors open for people and I go visit my grandma most Sundays. Not all "intellectual" types are tortured souls with difficult personalities. And not all "nice" guys are bland, uninteresting and spineless.
Well, the reason I say he seems simple is because I asked him what he was into and he said he's only really into sports. I'm assuming if he was into art, or reading he would have said it. But either way, I want to get to know him. I'm pretty open right now. I want to meet someone that fits me as a partner and I know I won't find it unless I'm opening to dating different people.

We'll see what happens.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
Well, the reason I say he seems simple is because I asked him what he was into and he said he's only really into sports. I'm assuming if he was into art, or reading he would have said it. But either way, I want to get to know him. I'm pretty open right now. I want to meet someone that fits me as a partner and I know I won't find it unless I'm opening to dating different people.

We'll see what happens.
Makes sense. No reason not to give him a try.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 35,339 times
Default Met a classic example of girl who date jerks but not sure what to do with a nice guy.

A few weeks ago a girl asked me out, she is a few years younger than I am but has a lot more relationship experience than I do. We hung out almost everyday from there on, but then she mentioned she just broke up with her boyfriend for the third time about a month before she met me. She is still hanging out with him and want to know if he wants to get back with her.

I asked her if she would get back with him if he ask, she said she doesn't know. Meanwhile, she complained about all the jerks and violent men she dated before, and how nice I am and stuff...

To be honest, when I first go out with her I didn't think I would like to start anything serious with her as, I hope I don't sound too arrogant, that she no where near my caliber. But as I spent more time with her I found myself being more attached to her, one reason being she really appreciate what I do for her! I have never been with a girl who appreciate and told me how nice I am to her, not as much as she does. The other girls before just pretty much took it for granted.

So what is my problem? Why do I get attached so easily? Why do I want to be with her even thou I know she isn't a match for me? And why doesn't she want to start anything serious with me even through she understood that none of her ex is even remotely as great of a person as I am?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
Just do her, and don't call. She will be back to her ex soon, or another "jerk".

Old 09-14-2010, 12:10 PM

380 posts, read 795,671 times
This sounds like me. If shes still interested in her jerk of an ex-boyfriend its obvious shes just interested in the drama, the games, and the chase. Sorry to say it but the nice guys get boring after a while (not for everyone obviously). But this girl isn't going to let some consistency come into her life out of fear of actually having to be in a serious, stable, relationship.

She'll only find ways to make your life a living hell merely for her own entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships