Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,293,794 times

Advertisements

Tired of feeling bad about being a man! I went to the Iowa State Fair with a friend last night, she is 34 and a very good friend. All I can say, the amount of girls in their early 20's, dressed provocatively was just out of this world. We went to a concert together and this girl(early 20's) out of nowhere, tells her that she is lucky to have me, she said my black cowboy hat was very sexy(it was a country show) and then, she hi fived me.

I did not say anything, but I almost felt like I should have gone to the fair by myself, the desire to hook up with one of these girls is just too overwhelming, but at the same time, I know it is purely lust, I have no desire to be in a relationship with a girl that young, but it makes me realize how it must suck being married and feeling stuck. I think being single is a GREAT thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 PM

234 posts, read 497,497 times
Ha! Ha! Yeah, I went out last night had the same experience, but met some girls closer to my age. Rock club though, no country for me

Old 08-21-2010, 01:13 PM

573 posts, read 1,686,478 times
Hey, if you're single, why not take advantage of the lust? I don't see a problem in that!!

Old 08-21-2010, 01:17 PM

43 posts, read 277,107 times
You shouldn't feel bad about being a man! And if you want to be single, be single! Awesome!
Enjoy yourself, live it up, live life to the fullest!!!

I am a girl in my 20s and yes, a lot of girls my age dress really provocatively. They are super slutty too. They sleep around way too much!!! It is just my generation. I have a lot of friends like this. They are just looking for a good time! You would not believe the stories I hear, and they seem proud! I find it totally amusing.
(I am totally not like that in any shape or form, but I don't condone it either. To each their own.)

I do know a lot of guys that feel 'stuck' in a marriage and I always ask them why they stay? I mean, I know they took the vow, and they should stay, but they should WANT to stay. Marriage is about LOVE. Unconditional. If you don't feel that way, why did they get married? So I feel bad for them, but wtf? It was their choice. People seem to get married without really thinking it through.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
A man you're not, but the TOS prevent me from letting you know what you are.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,236,968 times
That's not the behavior of a man. That's the behavior of a 15-year-old boy. Seriously. Coming here and posting like that shows where your brain is in terms of maturity. It's normal for men to notice attractive women. It's not normal for men to gush and rave like an adolescent with an erection. It's also not normal to constantly put down a lifestyle that doesn't harm you or affect you in any way, like marriage.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. My hunch is that you would give your left testicle for a woman who loved you.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,959,201 times
Personally, I'd rather have your 34 yo old friend then those hot 20 somethings(Maybe not). But it is great being a man, it must suck being a young male with no decent job or women skills and lusting after women yet not knowing how to catch one.

Quote:
but it makes me realize how it must suck being married and feeling stuck. I think being single is a GREAT thing
I would speculate if I talked to many of the husbands or partners of some of the open minded women on here, they would not consider themselves stuck in a marriage but just the opposite. There are a few ladies on here whose husbands would honestly say being a single guy would be much worse then what their woman provides and does for them in the bedroom. There are probably a few of the husbands who I would like to share a beer and exchange a few good stories.

I would agree that if I felt "Stuck" in a marriage, it would probably be nice to be single.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:39 PM

525 posts, read 946,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Personally, I'd rather have your 34 yo old friend then those hot 20 somethings(Maybe not). But it is great being a man, it must suck being a young male with no decent job or women skills and lusting after women yet not knowing how to catch one.

I would speculate if I talked to many of the husbands or partners of some of the open minded women on here, they would not consider themselves stuck in a marriage but just the opposite. There are a few ladies on here whose husbands would honestly say being a single guy would be much worse then what their woman provides and does for them in the bedroom. There are probably a few of the husbands who I would like to share a beer and exchange a few good stories.

I would agree that if I felt "Stuck" in a marriage, it would probably be nice to be single.
I agree.. funny thing is a hunch tell me that he just "thinks" that young girl was interested in him.. ha so much for his 'single' expectations..

Old 08-21-2010, 02:10 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,322,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A man you're not, but the TOS prevent me from letting you know what you are.

ditto

Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,322,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
That's not the behavior of a man. That's the behavior of a 15-year-old boy. Seriously. Coming here and posting like that shows where your brain is in terms of maturity. It's normal for men to notice attractive women. It's not normal for men to gush and rave like an adolescent with an erection. It's also not normal to constantly put down a lifestyle that doesn't harm you or affect you in any way, like marriage.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. My hunch is that you would give your left testicle for a woman who loved you.

He would probably give his right one too LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships