Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Blase?
are words most ppl will need a dictionary good to use

putting edits in red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,446 times
TERRIBLE AD

Less is more. More brains, more wit, more knowledge. The smart ones say the most writing the least.

You are bored? Wow , how interesting. I bet the ladies will love being around your bored self../sarcasm

AWFUL

Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
are words most ppl will need a dictionary good to use

putting edits in red.
No, my experience with online dating is intelligent ladies don't congregate there. Just introverts.

Instead of bored use, "not them happy."

Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
How about instead of bored--"life is at a stand-still"?
life is actually awesome boredom is just the word used to describe that one aspect of my life. guess it doesnt come across so well in text tho

Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Say that you are currently "womanly challenged."

That might sound like you are growing breasts.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
No, my experience with online dating is intelligent ladies don't congregate there. Just introverts.

Instead of bored use, "not them happy."

heh i probably wont even use the profile to msg people i just like completely rewriting every once in awhile since i like to write

maybe i can just change bored to something like "looking to meet new people" or something along those lines

Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,446 times
You need to accentuate what makes you interesting. Talk about YOU. Don't put a big "want" list like women do.

Believe me, those that make lists are serial online daters and never get anywhere.

Talk about how a woman can fit into your life and how she can fit yours.

Talk about your family and pets. EVen just a mention. *puppy = good. Go into detail, women eat that up

How about a little wit? Less sarcasm and dryness. Your post lacks any charisma or excitement. Maybe that is your personality? IF not, fix!

Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 PM

I think that profile is hilarious and shows tons of charisma. I borderline am having a man crush.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
---------

I'm 25 and looking for an adventurous person.

I <insert slightly cooler sounding stuff here>

What I don't want -

Thieves - I know it looks nice, I know you want it, but I paid for it and I want it where it is, please leave it there.

Murderers - Now yes I know it's probably exciting and a bit of a buzz killing someone but if I'm honest I feel safer and happier if I'm alive.

Drug Addicts - Ok ok I'm no saint I have done things over the years I'm not proud of, but I don't want someone who's point in life is to make it to the next fix.

Pedophiles - Now I didn't really believe that female pedophiles existed, but according to recent news reports they do, so to cut along story short, I'm not your man.

Suicide Bombers - Ok you may be beautiful with an amazing body and hair like silk, but that's no use to me spread all over a wall in a foreign country.

What you will get from me - (in no particular order)

* Friendship (The best girlfriends are your friends too)
* Affection (Snuggles are good)
* A bloody good laugh guaranteed ()
* Love (I know what it is and how to give it)
* Sex (This has been known to happen)
* Kisses (Even with tongues)
* Ear lobe nibbling (not to hard I don't like blood)
* Tickling (because it's funny)
* Spanking (because any woman that says she doesn't like it is a liar)
* Being jumped out in front of whilst I wear a Halloween mask when you least expect it
* You will be teased
* You will smile
* You will laugh
* You may miss me when I'm not there
* You may look at the empty side of the bed when your alone and stroke it, or sniff the pillow looking for signs of me, but then hey you're only human.

I'm only human at the end of the day but I believe the secret to a happy life is to try to make those around me happy, and if you're my girlfriend then you're always number one on the list. I'm not perfect despite all the newspaper articles about me. I can be annoying, but it's not deliberate.

Anyway if you want to chat/flirt/meet/kiss/hug/shag me please do email me, or if I emailed you then please respond I'm actually a lot of fun

--------

^i deleted anything i thought was a bad idea to say in an online dating profile, this is what was left over. i laughed at most parts and winced at a few others, but i'm probably not your target audience.

i have a profile, which is about 1/6 the size of yours. yours is funnier, though, and maybe that'll go a long way with the right person.

Last edited by le roi; 08-26-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Your ad is way too long and some people just don't have the time or the energy to read it so they will skip it.
I don't like the part where you talk about all the friends you have who are women and I don't like the references to sex and earlobes etc. I don't like much about it at all. I'm not trying to be mean....just trying to help you.
You really need to shorten it. Make it no more than a paragraph.
Why don't you say I'm an adventurous fun-loving 25 year old who is looking for that special someone to share my life with instead of mentioning anything about being bored
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships