Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times

Advertisements

It attracted me. I'm taking him to Wet N Wild Waterpark this Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
You two have fun.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You told me not to do it, but I wanted to! You must've borrowed the idea from POF's forums. I think it's a great idea to post it here because you know us somewhat and by our reactions you can decide which way to go, depending on what your target audience is.

I saw your existing profile, too. Granted, I'm not 25, but I'd never respond to that one unless you're exceptionally hot! And even then, unless I get something more interesting in response, I wouldn't bother any further.

This profile had quite a few pitfalls and yet it was more likely to grab me, even in its original state because it was a bit witty and funny. I particularly liked the bullets and some other points. The "what I don't want" section was completely unnecessary, not that funny, and it was making the profile long for no reason. Besides, it may make some think you're a weirdo.

I didn't spend that much time on my re-write, so it may not be that great, but I think it's an improvement. If you decide to use it and it gets ya laid, I drink Johnnie Black, OK?!

Wow, I'm a century old already! Oh, wait, that's a quarter of a century! The best of both worlds - young, curious, and adventurous, and somewhat wise at the same time!

I have a great life and good friends, a lot of concerts keep me busy, but I miss the scent of a special woman in it. New activities always entice me. I'm learning how to golf, I'm interested in photography, and I've even done some adrenaline-rush crazy things like skydiving. Can you keep up with me?;-) Don't get scared now - adrenaline has to go down sometimes, so I also watch TV and spend time on my computer. My puppy keeps me company during these quiet times. He knows a good man when he sees one and he adores me, but none of that compares to having that special someone sharing your life.

I'm looking for a partner in crime and adventure, a person willing to share my interests and introduce me to her own passions. I won't write a boring and long laundry list of requirements. The most amazing woman for me may come in many shapes and forms and I don't want to miss her.

What you will get from me - (in no particular order)

* Friendship (the best girlfriends are your friends, too)
* Affection (snuggles are good)
* A bloody good laugh guaranteed (I live to make you laugh)
* Love (I know what it is and how to give it)
* Sex (this has been known to happen)
* Kisses (even with tongues)
* Ear lobe nibbling (not too hard; I'm not a vampire)
* Tickling (because it's funny)
* Jumping in front of you while wearing a Halloween mask and you least expect it
* You will be teased
* You will smile
* You will laugh
* You may miss me when I'm not there
* But I will always be back
* You may look at the empty side of the bed when you're alone and stroke it, or sniff the pillow looking for signs of me, but then, hey, you're only human as am I.

I believe the secret to a happy life is trying to make those around me happy, and if you're my girlfriend you'll be always number one on the list. I'm not perfect despite all the newspaper articles about me. I can be annoying, but it's not deliberate.

If you want to chat/flirt/meet/kiss/hug/shag, you know where to find me. And don't forget - the best products sell fast at full retail price!;-)
ha i like some of that. might steal some of it for my real profile. i cant believe someone managed to rewrite it that good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay this is just a quick shot, but I would find something like this more appealing....

I'm 25, I'm single, and I am into having a great new adventure as often as I can fit it in. As much as I enjoy getting out and doing the next fun thing, I realize that it's even more fun to share the experience with a partner. So, how about it? Are you up for spur-of-the moment trips? Can you paddle a kayak? Play golf? Ride a bike? Know how to use an SLR? Do you know what one is? Can you put up a tent? Build a fire? Have you ever made a smore? Do you know how to roast a perfect marshmallow? If not, are you up for learning how?? I'm a great teacher, and a fast learner. Hopefully you have lots you'd like to share with me too, and we can have a blast learning new things together. Oh, I have a new puppy too, so if you have any tips there, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'm only human at the end of the day but I believe the secret to a happy life is to try to make those around me happy, and if you're my girlfriend then you're always number one on the list. I'm not perfect despite all the newspaper articles about me. I can be annoying, but it's not deliberate, and I'll do my best to always be open, honest, and respectful.

If you want to chat, please drop me a line. And hurry up - who knows how much fun we are missing!!
sometimes i like staring in the mirror and admiring how awesome i am. that paragraph you wrote bores me a bit and its about me. that never happens! maybe because it reads a whole lot like most of the female profiles i read (which you prob dont see) over and over. but i do like some parts of it.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You two have fun.
He can look but he can't touch...I'm not that kind of girl. I will be wearing a butterscotch, plaid bikini...to tease him with.

***I like the part about sniffing the pillows. Scent jokes are ALWAYS hilarious. Maybe mention that you smell like a combination of Awesome and Cheddar Lime Doritos. Women love salty snack like treats.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
[SIZE=3]This has got Serial Killer written all over it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I appreciate the attempt at humor but I wouldn’t respond to this profile. Humor is very difficult to write and doesn’t come across very well. The list of wants and don’t wants reads like a list of demands. Not Good. Be sincere, be honest and be positive. .. and don’t forget to mention the puppy! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Best wishes.[/SIZE]

Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
im so there

Old 08-26-2010, 08:19 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
ha i like some of that. might steal some of it for my real profile. i cant believe someone managed to rewrite it that good

sometimes i like staring in the mirror and admiring how awesome i am. that paragraph you wrote bores me a bit and its about me. that never happens! maybe because it reads a whole lot like most of the female profiles i read (which you prob dont see) over and over. but i do like some parts of it.
I agree...it's far from perfect! I don't have time to spend on it, but it's a good start. Of course, I can only write it from my own perspective. I like down-to-earth people that sound like realists...I am much older than you, so I'm not attracted to some of the wackier things you might like. As for the nibbles/shagging stuff, I also avoid profiles that mention sex. Like the other poster said....we know sex will be involved. We HOPE for it. But a guy that feels the need to mention it, is to me, a little preoccupied with the wrong thing. But that's just me.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I agree...it's far from perfect! I don't have time to spend on it, but it's a good start. Of course, I can only write it from my own perspective. I like down-to-earth people that sound like realists...I am much older than you, so I'm not attracted to some of the wackier things you might like. As for the nibbles/shagging stuff, I also avoid profiles that mention sex. Like the other poster said....we know sex will be involved. We HOPE for it. But a guy that feels the need to mention it, is to me, a little preoccupied with the wrong thing. But that's just me.
my goal for this project was at least 3 sexual references

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:

I'm going to write a super sweet profile when I get drunk. I won't use it, I just want to see what I come up with.

I think I will parody like a really stuffy liberal dude. A guy that drinks wine and sits in low light and cries.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
my goal for this project was at least 3 sexual references
Make it really disjointed. Being distracted easily is hilarious...it is easily..........

Hey did you know Monday Night Football is on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships