U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:57 AM

25,169 posts, read 34,434,271 times

Advertisements

Our society has devolved so much. Thanks to our pitiful public education system, our even more pathetic college education system, terrible bitchy griping petty finger-pointing teachers, terrible parenting, terrible church system, bad economy, corporatism, and horrible influx of terrible toxic foods have caused human beings to mutate into unempathetic, non-compassionate, unfriendly, grouchy, clueless, unthinking, disgruntled, punitive, petty, and stupid mutant humans. They are more like Neanderthals than human beings. Human beings have deep thoughts and deep emotions and profound abilities to form loving and warm interpersonal relationships. Look around. Do you see that? I don't and I live in one of the best cities in the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Is it true, that hurt people hurt others?

I pitifully shake my head at humanity (including myself) sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 01:39 AM

27,237 posts, read 27,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post

I've felt pain in relationships before, especially during a breakup, but the resolution was gentle and nonconfrontational--usually, there was a consensus that we just couldn't get along for the long haul. This is quite different than when you feel like someone is using you or taking advantage of you. That's when hard feelings arise.
Unfortunately, for some people, when this is true, and they leave the relationship, the person they leave feels hurt by them leaving. This is why it is safer and cleaner to quietly pack up and go in the middle of the night sometimes.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 AM

25,169 posts, read 34,434,271 times
lol. That sounds like a real scumbag thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Unfortunately, for some people, when this is true, and they leave the relationship, the person they leave feels hurt by them leaving. This is why it is safer and cleaner to quietly pack up and go in the middle of the night sometimes.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 AM

27,237 posts, read 27,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol. That sounds like a real scumbag thing to do.
If the person doing this is a woman, it might keep her from being beaten, or screamed at, or from him creating a scene at her job....after which she gets fired.

If someone wants to break up with you, you should be mature enough to just accept it, and not draw it out.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 AM

2,907 posts, read 3,724,672 times
It's definitely true that hurt people hurt people. At the same time, the person that's hurting someone else should know first hand how it feels to be hurt so why they would hurt someone else can be puzzling at times. Still, there comes a time where you need to deal with your hurt and move on.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 AM

12,161 posts, read 12,641,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Would be impossible for me to leave quietly in the middlle of the night.... wayyyy to much to packing to do.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 AM

4,384 posts, read 2,036,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Our society has devolved so much. Thanks to our pitiful public education system, our even more pathetic college education system, terrible bitchy griping petty finger-pointing teachers, terrible parenting, terrible church system, bad economy, corporatism, and horrible influx of terrible toxic foods have caused human beings to mutate into unempathetic, non-compassionate, unfriendly, grouchy, clueless, unthinking, disgruntled, punitive, petty, and stupid mutant humans. They are more like Neanderthals than human beings. Human beings have deep thoughts and deep emotions and profound abilities to form loving and warm interpersonal relationships. Look around. Do you see that? I don't and I live in one of the best cities in the nation.
So people in past ages were kinder? Tell that to the Native Americans or slaves in your country's history.

A major part of human nature is badness. Even with concepts of human rights, we still have atrocities.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
So people in past ages were kinder? Tell that to the Native Americans or slaves in your country's history.

A major part of human nature is badness. Even with concepts of human rights, we still have atrocities.
Read and expand your knowledge...every human act and reaction comes from two things, Love or Fear...its very simple..once you understand that, unless you're dealing with someone with mental health issues, motives aren't difficult to figure out.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM

4,384 posts, read 2,036,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Read and expand your knowledge...every human act and reaction comes from two things, Love or Fear...its very simple..once you understand that, unless you're dealing with someone with mental health issues, motives aren't difficult to figure out.
I was simply responding to his point, that the "society of today" is somehow less kind. Well, when was human society anywhwere ever wholly kind? Bad actions are just as much a part of our nature as good, and that has not changed and never may change. The fact that in the history of his own country, there was more widespread and accepted discrimnation is tantamount to that.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I was simply responding to his point, that the "society of today" is somehow less kind. Well, when was human society anywhwere ever wholly kind? Bad actions are just as much a part of our nature as good, and that has not changed and never may change. The fact that in the history of his own country, there was more widespread and accepted discrimnation is tantamount to that.
True...It always has an may always be, either in mass numbers, e.g. Hilter, slavery, the Middle East, but the concept of the love/fear remains the same. I'm speaking from the standpoint of personal interactions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships