Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I like nice women.................... with nice legs and asses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
That's a given.

Gotta have a decent rack and nice curvy hips too
You guys are bad!

Oh, yeah, topic....

Nice guys do exist...but even nice guys are going to have trouble with not having sex with their girlfriend for 2 years.

I'm not saying to throw your values out the window, because if you truly believe in waiting for marriage, then you should wait. Personally, I disagree with this, not because I'm immoral, but because I don't want to buy a horse I've never ridden. I want to know if it works, cuz if it doesn't work, the relationship isn't going to work. It is a very important part of a healthy relationship/marriage. That is my personal experience, but that's just me, & what works for me isn't for everyone.

I think you need to be realistic about men & their urges & desires. Be upfront about your religious beliefs & weed out anyone who is not willing to wait. I would, however, advise that you discuss the topic with whomever you're with...if you're not going to do it, at least talk about it so you each know where the other stands, what the other likes, etc. You'll need to know that stuff if you get married...

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 01:09 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsB23 View Post
I'm not saying to throw your values out the window, because if you truly believe in waiting for marriage, then you should wait. Personally, I disagree with this, not because I'm immoral, but because I don't want to buy a horse I've never ridden. I want to know if it works, cuz if it doesn't work, the relationship isn't going to work. It is a very important part of a healthy relationship/marriage. That is my personal experience, but that's just me, & what works for me isn't for everyone.
Both of my heads agree, lol.

Nice guys aren't hard to find, they could just be invisible. Me, on the other hand, I am invincible

Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM

186 posts, read 352,832 times
Guys don't like nice pretty girls that don't have sex in a relationship. period. If there is a guy out there that does--something is wrong with him. My opinion that might be worth half a penny.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM

19 posts, read 124,688 times
I really appreciate all of ya'lls responses. I accidentally posted this relationship comment in this forum, I am moving to Florida and forgot that I was in this forum when I posted...sorry. So I agree with some of ya'll alot and you just affirmed some of the things that I needed to be reminded of. Frankly I strongly believe that there are guys out there who can and will wait for two years or until we are married to have sex. I believe that is how I will know that he is right for me. I know that it isn't easy and trust me I know, but if you love and respect eachtother and what God has intended then you can do it. Don't get me wrong I want sex just as much as the next person but I'm not willing to compromise my relationship with God for a little action. When I get married I have the rest of my life to be as freaky as I want to be. So thank you all very much. Plus you are right maybe I need to find out more about myself and keep walking with my relationship with God and everything else will just happen in his time. I really appreciate all the coments about my ex I do still miss him, but I ealize that he had nothing to offer me.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:18 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2575 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. All guys say that they want a nice pretty girl. Well let me tell you a little about myself and then all you guys out there can give me some advice. I am tall about 5'10 slendor and toned and I'm not trying to be stuck up but I'm trying to paint you a full picture...I have long blonde hair and hazel eyes I'm attractive. I am very independent and successful. I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. I love to go to the beach and I love to play sports and watch sports. I also enjoy surfing and well I guess just about anything outside. So anyways everytime I meet guys they always lie and cheat on me and I don't understand why. I am very kind and generous and take pride in being kind to the people that are around me. I was with a guy for about two years and I loved him very much and I thought that he loved me but he cheated on me a few times. He cheated on me with really nasty women and when I found out and asked him why he couldnt give me a reason. So pretty much every guy that I have ever dated has done me wrong. Is it because I won't sleep with men??? What am I doing wrong? Please help
You scare the "good ones off". It's not your fault, but theirs.

You sound tall enough and athletic enough to be a middle blocker. Play volleyball. Play in drop-in leagues and maybe even take lessons to find which class you should start in. Give it time and you'll meet a guy with the same values and goals as you, can keep up with you, and realize that there are guys out there that are first and foremost attracted to your looks. That's shallow, but that's their problem.

When those guys were treating you wrong, it had nothing to do with you. It had everything to do with them. After about 4 months of a relationship is when the "infatuation" usually wears off and when the rubber meets the road. Good luck and stay nice.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM

80 posts, read 277,996 times
[quote=mj2575;964121] I am a Christian I go to church every sunday and attend various bible studies during the week. QUOTE]

That's where you lost me.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,424,940 times
You've pretty much got it goin' on girl. Don't sleep with a guy just to keep him. Take your time and "Mr. Right" will be there for you. Never give up your values to please someone else. Stick to what you know is right and the rest will follow.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsB23 View Post
Nice guys do exist...but even nice guys are going to have trouble with not having sex with their girlfriend for 2 years.
Ain't that the truth!

Either the guy's probably going to start cheating on you to get some action from someone else or spanking the monkey a whole heck of a lot.

Your best bet is to find a very religious guy that doesn't believe in pre-martial sex, maybe in your bible study group, good luck.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,816 times
Sometimes I feel the pretty "finishing school" look went out of fashion in the late 1960's. Now it is more blatantly more out there than before leaving not much to the imagination. So it leaves girls like me with a coy charm out of the loop.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
Sometimes I feel the pretty "finishing school" look went out of fashion in the late 1960's. Now it is more blatantly more out there than before leaving not much to the imagination. So it leaves girls like me with a coy charm out of the loop.
You should see the North Jersey girls. You would think the local strip joints were holding auditions in the next hour.

Very trashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships