Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:54 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,762,350 times

Advertisements

This might sound like a random/insignificant thing, but nowadays it seems only a guy's upper body and his arms are portrayed as being 'sexy' - like he has a nice six pack or abs or whatever, but men tend to appreciate a female's whole figure a bit more. Maybe this is kind of an incorrect idea that's reinforced by magazines, dress etc, but comments by women about speedos etc make it seem women aren't all that interested in a man's legs let alone his genitals (unless the woman is sufficiently aroused). Men aren't usually described as having 'sexy legs' although we are sometimes complemented on our rear ends, which is always nice .

I have a sort of theory related to this, that to women sexiness is mostly a display of strength (hence why women generally prefer more muscly guys), while men are simply just turned on by women.

Your thoughts?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,796,393 times
Us women care about a man's down there area too. j/k

But seriously, I would presume that the entire body must be in good shape. You can't have great arms and shoulders and a stretch mark covered belly flopped over your cargo pants and expect a date out of me or anyone unless society lowers its standards.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,834,930 times
No, definitely not. It's just that if one were to take independent shots of other body parts -- a crotch shot, a butt shot -- it would come off as a bit more tacky. Not that there isn't a place for that too, but I mean if you're taking about in advertising, etc., yes, the male torso is very beautiful and sensual and can make for a very attractive shot.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,500,101 times
Not all women are attracted to well-muscled guys either. Especially "big" guys with no necks.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,705,133 times
I blame it all on The Situation. Most women like a somewhat muscular guy but if a woman is DTF, she don't really care about that b/c she is just looking for the next score.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM

37,422 posts, read 45,602,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This might sound like a random/insignificant thing, but nowadays it seems only a guy's upper body and his arms are portrayed as being 'sexy' - like he has a nice six pack or abs or whatever, but men tend to appreciate a female's whole figure a bit more. Maybe this is kind of an incorrect idea that's reinforced by magazines, dress etc, but comments by women about speedos etc make it seem women aren't all that interested in a man's legs let alone his genitals (unless the woman is sufficiently aroused). Men aren't usually described as having 'sexy legs' although we are sometimes complemented on our rear ends, which is always nice .

I have a sort of theory related to this, that to women sexiness is mostly a display of strength (hence why women generally prefer more muscly guys), while men are simply just turned on by women.

Your thoughts?
Huh? Women check out men's butts, and their legs. And yes, we love them. Where do you get the idea that we don't care about the whole package??

Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM

I agree. Those men are hideous. I had a "P.E. coach" who looked like that in high school. He was an obese blimp with no neck yet he was teaching me how to stay in shape and how to play sports. One time the "coaches" held a volleyball tournament and coach "no-neck" got hit in the face with the ball really hard. The entire school burst out laughing for like 15 minutes. What a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not all women are attracted to well-muscled guys either. Especially "big" guys with no necks.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:06 PM

What do you mean by "package?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Huh? Women check out men's butts, and their legs. And yes, we love them. Where do you get the idea that we don't care about the whole package??

Old 08-29-2010, 10:09 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,762,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well 'sexy' images of men generally only portray them as shirtless, and I when I hear women speak about how sexy a man is I usually hear talk about being muscly or something like that.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,311,923 times
A man can have muscular legs too. Women notice everything about a man...we are just generally more refined about mentioning certain parts of a man's anatomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships