Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

I care about my looks. What's wrong with trying to look your best? I like to wear nice, flattering clothes, I pay a lot of attention to my skin care and general health. Why is that a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 12:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Why exactly are some women so concerned with how they look like?

To me it reeks of concern of what others think about them.

Well
Hello?? Are you new to this forum??

Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times
Quote:

Well
I care about how I look in regards to combing/washing my hair.Taking showers/baths making sure my clothes are clean.I don't wear makeup anymore so what someone sees is what they see.I used to dye my hair some yrs ago to cover up my gray hair but gosh darn it I figured I earned everyone of them buggers so why cover up the fact that I've aged.LOL People can either accept me for what or who I've become or not.I'm not going to allow anyone ever again to dictate to me what I should look like or what I choose to wear.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,899 times
Quote:

Well

Because unfortunately in this society people expect you to look a certain way.

For example men love either big butts or big boobs so here we go getting injections and implants left and right so men can actually like us and approve of our looks. Then because we see how these other women look and how men drool over them we feel we must all look the same and the cycle continues and continues...........

Also women look at other's that don't look as good as they do and try to put them down or just make them feel really uncomfortable around them just because your not as pretty or have a nice body like they do and then you feel you have to go allll out your way to look like they do.

You see we alllll are obsessed with our looks unfortunately because of how other women that have it all make us feel because how they look at us and the men also make us women very insecure wanting and expecting perfect or near perfect bodies that no one actually has....

Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:

Well
Are you serious? As far as finding a partner goes, women have to care about how they look. Men are visual creatures. If you don’t look good, they won’t even take a second glance at you – in my experience anyway.

I like to dress nicely and wear makeup every day because it makes me feel good. I like looking in the mirror and liking what I see.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
A lot of women have been brainwashed to think that is the the most important thing when it comes to attracting a man. Why do you think you see so many pretty girls that act like b**c**s? They think personality doesn't matter...only looks. Refer to thread regarding movies/television influence on dating.
Or just read a thread here.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I work with guys that are a bit younger than me.

They are just absolutely brutal when it comes to females looks.

I keep telling them to take it easy on the ladies.

Deaf ears.

This is probably why women are obsessed with their looks.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I work with guys that are a bit younger than me.

They are just absolutely brutal when it comes to females looks.

I keep telling them to take it easy on the ladies.

Deaf ears.

This is probably why women are obsessed with their looks.
And some of them think it's appropriate to yell at a woman that she's fat and ugly. Gee...I wonder why we obsess about it.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Because it's such a big part of their identity. They value themselves on how others view them. If they look ugly, they equate that with being a worthless or bad person. In this daft superficial society an attractive man or woman can easily attract friends, be popular etc purely on his or her looks. Yes there will be some jealousy but the overall result is much better. I notice a trend towards pure physical aestheticism, with less of an emphasis of getting to know people. 'Beautiful' seems to be an adjective applied purely to the physical.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Women should be concerned with how they look. Half of the women I see these days look like a cross between Jabba The Hut and Tammy Faye Bakker. It makes me want to gag. If more women cared about their appearances I wouldn't need to wear such dark sunglasses when in their presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships