Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I am a good person. I have no reason to be critized. If you have felt my stance is wrong, I would suggest you try to read through all my answers, not just the ones you feel you want to attack me on, and "see" what I have been saying. And I have felt insulted by you, since you were being insulting and being a drama queen. Perhaps a logical answer to the posts on CD will do more good than you trying to take the stage with "OMG! this" and "OMG! that". And yes, I do feel this way about your posts tonight. And i obviously didn't think you could be this insulting , since I have read your previous posts, and you have never been so hysterical. Chill.
Actually, I was about to say the same to you - chill. I am not at all "hysterical", and wouldn't even know how to be a "drama queen". I write with lots of exclamations and passion, but that is just for emphasis

And I have no reason to believe you are not a good person, never said I did.
You are a bit misguided on this subject in my opinion, but that has nothing to do with you being a bad person.

And really, since you are yourself female I'd be real interested to know how you arrived at such an opinion as the one you expressed here (that it is alright for a man to beat and torture his wife for hours and hours). If you care to share please use dm, as I fear we have gone as far as we should with this thread.

Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, I was about to say the same to you - chill. I am not at all "hysterical", and wouldn't even know how to be a "drama queen". I write with lots of exclamations and passion, but that is just for emphasis

And I have no reason to believe you are not a good person, never said I did.
You are a bit misguided on this subject in my opinion, but that has nothing to do with you being a bad person.

And really, since you are yourself female I'd be real interested to know how you arrived at such an opinion as the one you expressed here (that it is alright for a man to beat and torture his wife for hours and hours). If you care to share please use dm, as I fear we have gone as far as we should with this thread.

Peace!
That sounds reasonable. If you want to know more about my way of thinking, I can dm you if you'd like. Right now I am heading to bed, so maybe tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
That sounds reasonable. If you want to know more about my way of thinking, I can dm you if you'd like. Right now I am heading to bed, so maybe tomorrow.
I would look forward to hearing from you! Goodnight

Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
I've been away for awhile and I have not had a chance to respond or further comment on what I wrote about. For the record the first place we went after her house was my house where I did tell my dad what happened. He first sent me out on the date with explicit instructions to come back home to my own house and not go back there. When we left for the movies he did call the girl's father and spoke to him and tried to persuade him not to do anything stupid. Again this is a man who had been married to this woman (the love of his life) for what at that time was over 25 years. He was the example of an ideal man. The kind of family man (some) of the women in my neighborhood wished their husbands were 1/10 of the time and they would be happy. This is the kind of straight and narrow he walked on. His family (especially his wife) was his life, and there was nothing this woman would ever, or could ever want for. When the cops were called (my dad was the one who called first) even they were surprised because this man was a positive community leader and well respected throughout our neighborhood. When he snapped they took it seriously because of his prior military training. Apparently he had convinced them enough to keep them wondering if he really was going to blow up his own house. As for jail yes he went to jail. He also had one hell of a lawyer who successfully argued an insanity defense and he only did 3 years. While he was in jail his wife left town (she didn't even tell her own family where she went) To this day I understand she still looks over her shoulder. As for the daughter I did see her recently and we talked about what happened that day and the days after. She still sees a therapist and she still has bad dreams about what happened. She doesn't blame her father, but she blames herself for not being able to see what was going on with her mother. I in no way am saying what he did was justified, but There is hardly anyone in my neighborhood, or even on the wife's side of the family who said they could not understand why he snapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships