U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2010, 02:00 PM

29,806 posts, read 18,148,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Right on.. what other people do with their money is cool with me. If exotic butterflies and ponies float your boat, by all means spend your paycheck on them. If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

I'm sure plenty of cool, decent people drive sports cars just as plenty of a-holes do. Same with anything.
I would generally agree but I read in a magazine somewhere that people that like ponies are pretty much all horrible human beings. They waste their money on these horses which they buy because they have issues with father figures in their life.

Well, at least they aren't as bad as people that drink coffee. Wasting all the money when they could be drinking water and supporting the coffee industry when it's well known that all coffee produced outside the US uses slave labor.

Have I missed a topic yet that we can make awesome generalizations about peoples personal choices and say horrible things about the people that like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,803,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm wondering if AC has ever driven a Corvette? I hope that he ends up buying a sportscar, but I think that he should take his time finding one that he really enjoys driving, and not buy it because it looks beautiful to him and he likes the HP and torque numbers posted on the sales brochure. Rent a few different sportscars for a weekend each, then make your purchase.

I've had a few friends that loved reading their Car and Driver magazines and picked their favorite car just based on what they'd read about them and had never driven any of them.
Once. I once golfed with my ex boss back in ny. And he let me drive his corvette on the way back. This was one of his cars. LOL. He's one of those in the north east with a 250K+ paycheque. All those guys rode exotic cars. Some were preserved from the 60s. Classics. However my knowledge about cars is only average

Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Once. I once golfed with my ex boss back in ny. And he let me drive his corvette on the way back. This was one of his cars. LOL. He's one of those in the north east with a 250K+ paycheque. All those guys rode exotic cars. Some were preserved from the 60s. Classics. However my knowledge about cars is only average
The new body C6 corvettes are much more "curve friendly" than the older models which were more straight line power and road cruisers.

The C6 Z06's actually post better lap times than high-end porsches.

Then again, they can't tow a trailer (joke) so it's all about what you are looking for in a vehicle.

If I might make a suggestion....check out the 2011 Mustangs coming out, especially the 5.0. VERY VERY nice and performance not that far from a C6 Vette for a good bit cheaper. If you are set on getting a car I think you should totally check it out. HOWEVER, save for the house first.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM

5,259 posts, read 4,969,791 times
I LOVE the new Mustangs! I'm actually thinking about getting one within the next year.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 PM

24,804 posts, read 26,220,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I totally agree with you. It's kinda like people from the south. They are all morbidly obese and inbred with really no education. I'm shocked there are even any 4 year colleges south of the mason-dixon line but honestly those are just football party schools anyway.

At least thats what all my friends say and I see lots of adds and movies like deliverance that have confirmed my suspicions.
So what kind of sports car do you drive, Peanut?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Aw, sweetie...don't be a hypocrite. If you dish out broad stereotypes....you need to be able to take it.

Now find a non-southerner to read the thread and you will see earlier one of my cars in the thread. Isn't this the make nasty stereotype comments thread? Especially ones that violate the sticky attacking members of the other sex?

P.S. Satire is the only way to make a point sometimes.

P.S.S. Do you know why it's so hard to solve crimes in Alabama? All the DNA matches and there are no dental records....gotta love stereotypes. Besides, it's all in good fun.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I LOVE the new Mustangs! I'm actually thinking about getting one within the next year.
They are incredibly impressive. Ford is really showing that they have their act together in so many ways.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,636,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
it's probably a lot nicer than the Yugo you have

Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 AM

9,856 posts, read 7,582,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Retiring at 40 means you'd have to invest that $25K at age ten. Providing you didn't invest that money into any of the stocks that took a bath these last couple of years. Now, how long do you think you can live off that $111K if you retire at 40, and for the next half of your life you'll be living on a shoe-string budget watching every dollar. It's not worth punching out of the rat race early if I have to live on a strict budget and hope the market never crashes.

I have enough interests in life that I don't need to retire early. Only way I'd do that is if I was independently wealthy, but even then, I'd open a business or find something constructive to do with my time. I wouldn't be sitting on a golf course baking in the sun and rubbing my fat belly laughing at all the "suckers" who have to work for a living. But good luck with your dream.
You seem to have a great handle on me

I am focusing on creating income-generating assets so that I can retire early and spend my time working for charities. I am very involved in financing entrepreneurs in third world countries right now (people who want to use donations to open a grocery store, for example, instead of just taking US charity). Thanks for the condescension though.

Golf every once in a while isn't a bad thing. Also, if you stay on top of the market, you don't have to worry about a crash. The only people who lose are those who invest and stop researching.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that people that play golf are old fat losers with no social life and they all have ED, even the women golfers. Anytime I see a golfer all my male friends and I figure they are at least 70. Plus, with hours to kill hitting a little ball around they can't have any friends or family which isn't surprising because no one would possibly want to mate with them.

I've learned so much in this thread, I see now that making rude blanket statements is just mentally easier than actually thinking.

P.S. Your golf cost example is ridiculous. If you want help understanding concepts like incremental cost, amortization or how you need clubs to hit a golf ball well....bother someone else.

Then please explain what is wrong with my math.

Also, thanks for ignoring the points I made about personal finance tied to sports cars, which was my point. When you feel like having an adult conversation, go back and reply to the points I made. Show me some math to disprove me instead of blindly saying I am wrong.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 AM

24,804 posts, read 26,220,700 times
Quote:
Aw, sweetie...don't be a hypocrite. If you dish out broad stereotypes....you need to be able to take it.

Now find a non-southerner to read the thread and you will see earlier one of my cars in the thread. Isn't this the make nasty stereotype comments thread? Especially ones that violate the sticky attacking members of the other sex?

P.S. Satire is the only way to make a point sometimes.

P.S.S. Do you know why it's so hard to solve crimes in Alabama? All the DNA matches and there are no dental records....gotta love stereotypes. Besides, it's all in good fun.
Hah. Hey, I'm not from Alabama. I just live here. But I actually enjoyed your jest. Seems like you're the one who can't take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships