Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

The "game" is nothing more than having a personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Why be intimidated of anybody?

First, forget about feeling bad of being overweight. Anybody who tells you that people will shy away from you for being overweight is lying. Think of it. Most people in the US are overweight. are all of those people shunned and lonely lol. Of course not. We can see readily that overweight people can prosper socially. Social interaction is about connections above all else.

And you seem to base your self-esteem on what others think. You should highlight aspects of you that YOU like. This is the real root of self-esteem.

Lastly, getting dates is not hard. You just have to be yourself, and surround yourself with friends. More social contacts means more dates.

Everyone's self esteem is based off the feedback she gets from others. If someone was told they were UGLY by everyone they met would they have high self esteem?????

Old 09-06-2010, 06:04 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Everyone's self esteem is based off the feedback she gets from others. If someone was told they were UGLY by everyone they met would they have high self esteem?????
Yes. I think it comes from within and not outside.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Yes. I think it comes from within and not outside.
Whatever, I didn' have high self esttem until I got to college and girls were telling me how attractive I was after years of being told I was ugly in high school.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:13 PM

I just think self-esteem should come from within. We don't need others to validate us.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 PM

404 posts, read 701,434 times
Come on, people... get over it. There is no "game". Your game or your actions are going to be interpreted in different ways by different people. There are men with very weird personalities getting dates all the time. And their "game" is simply that when a woman likes him, she just sees "original" where the rest of us see "weird".

That's all there is. Really.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:47 PM

There is no such thing as a weird personality.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
There is no such thing as a weird personality.
Well do I have a weird personality because I like women to take off their shoes and walk on top of me?-lol

Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I can't believe people can go this long without having sex or being in a relationship. There are so many overweight women out there who would do anything to sleep with just about anybody, even though if it is not the ideal thing, at least you could get some practice before you move on to the good stuff.

I have seen a couple fat guys who lost the weight, now they are playa-pimps, they are so addicted to females, trying to make up for all the time they wasted.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM

There can be no norm of personality, since all personalities are unique.

Quote:
Come on, people... get over it. There is no "game". Your game or your actions are going to be interpreted in different ways by different people. There are men with very weird personalities getting dates all the time. And their "game" is simply that when a woman likes him, she just sees "original" where the rest of us see "weird".

That's all there is. Really.
So, seven figure salaries and not the intelligence to desist from colloquialisms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships