Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
After such a successful brunch. I think not Right now, she is probably out with her friends going "So, I met this guy this morning for brunch, and he took me to the mall food court, the whole thing reminded me of teen dating".

But notch it up a bit, TVSG....reminders of my younger brother keep surfacing.
Just curious, how much $$ was your brunch?
Isn't a happy meal like 2.00?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,901,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
It's amazing. Where the mall is in downtown Philly is surrounded by nice restaurants and small cafes. It is an outright fabrication to state otherwise.

TVSG, you really should know that there are people who know your area and who are going to start calling you out on your untruths. The truth is that you either planned to meet her in/near the mall so to decide whether to find a nice place or to default to the mall if she wasn't dressed according to your fantasy.

You wanted her to meet you dressed like a hooker in 3" platform heels at noon and she was dressed with the idea she might have to literally run away from you - smart girl.

No grown women should ever be wearing SNEAKERS when she meets me for the first time. Jeans is fine but you have to put some kind of effort into looking sexy and I decided not to take her calls anymore. It was a sacrifice for me to meet her on a Saturday morning after working 55 hours this past week and she comes to see me with Jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers????? Not even going to waste my time with this one anymore

Old 09-19-2010, 09:58 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Wow she did dress too casual. Maybe she wasn't on many dates herself.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:58 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No grown women should ever be wearing SNEAKERS when she meets me for the first time. Jeans is fine but you have to put some kind of effort into looking sexy and I decided not to take her calls anymore. It was a sacrifice for me to meet her on a Saturday morning after working 55 hours this past week and she comes to see me with Jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers????? Not even going to waste my time with this one anymore
She's a lucky woman, she probably doesn't even realise she dodged a bullet.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,618,714 times
Now you can add a "no sneakers" rule to your silly list of dating demends. What kind of shoes were you wearing? Most people don't get dressed up for an afternoon at the mall.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 AM

881 posts, read 1,111,568 times
So the guy knows what he wants...... how is THAT somehow a crime???

Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wow she did dress too casual. Maybe she wasn't on many dates herself.

Yes Raena, I was so stunned that she was so relaxed in her dress appearance. Make some type of effort to be a little sexy. If I had known she would e dressed like that I would have just told her to come to my apartment instead

Old 09-19-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Now you can add a "no sneakers" rule to your silly list of dating demends. What kind of shoes were you wearing? Most people don't get dressed up for an afternoon at the mall.
Sandals, or some type of feminine footwear.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:23 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It was a sacrifice for me to meet her on a Saturday morning
I have read about your "dates" on this forum for a while and feel the need to let you know a pattern that I see: Your excuses are ENDLESS. You cancel dates when it's raining, because your knee hurts, because you're tired. It's a burden for you to meet someone at 12:00 noon on a Saturday; it's a burden for you to meet someone after an 8-hour workday; it's a burden for you to have to do a few minutes of online research to pick a restaurant or cafe to meet your date.

You need to seriously evaluate how much you really care about meeting someone. Check the hours of the place where you're going to meet the girl so that it will be open, only make concrete plans with someone when you know you'll be able to make it, and stop deciding to end your 1-date "relationships" over excrutiating minutiae. Stop criticizing your dates and start evaluating yourself and your expectations. Clearly, something you're doing is not working.

There are dozens of nice people on this forum (with years of relationship experience!) who are more than willing to give you advice. The problem, however, is that you don't really seem that receptive to taking it. Remember that people who give solicited advice to a person who never takes it are going to get tired of wasting their time. Unfortunately for you, this has already started to happen on this forum, and people aren't laughing with you about your dating woes; they are laughing at you because you are either oblivious to your problems or are totally obstinant when it comes to changing.

I really do wish you the best of luck, but you will never have a healthy, normal relationship unless you make some changes to how you approach dating. Tired? Have a cup of coffee. Raining? Get out your friggin' umbrella. She doesn't dress as nicely as you would expect? Look at how you dress and take her to places where she will want to dress up. And please, for the sake of all of us, don't refuse a girl's calls over silly things. Believe it or not, we would love to hear about a second or third date or even a relationship, and that won't happen if you keep being so picky.

Last edited by Marlin331; 09-19-2010 at 10:34 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
So the guy knows what he wants...... how is THAT somehow a crime???
Yeah they seem to forget that ATTRACTION works both ways and not just the woman's way. And I could not stop myself from sneaking peeks at other woman because of how she was looking.

Sneakers has always and always will be my number one turnoff on a date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.