Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 94,906 times

Advertisements

Ladies, do any of you feel like the "man" in your relationships? How do you handle it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Ohhhh not at all. My man is THE man and I'm THE woman; for sure. I have known women though that often end up taking on more of the man role in their relationships with their hubbies or b/f's.

Do you feel like the man and if so, in what way?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Not trying to sound sexist or place anyone into specific gender roles but...
In my relationship I am the football nut, I tend to be a little insensitive, I'm not super affectionate, I hate sappy nicknames, I say I love you but apparently not enough, Im not really family oriented, dont want to get married or have kids...you get the idea...

while my bf
is super affectionate, says "I love you" constantly, makes up (horrible) nicknames, is a little emotional (can cry pretty easily), wants to get married (talks about it often), sends me sappy texts all day long (many of which I choose to ignore)....

not trying to sound like a b***h just seems like we have a little reversal going on

Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin View Post
Not trying to sound sexist or place anyone into specific gender roles but...
In my relationship I am the football nut, I tend to be a little insensitive, I'm not super affectionate, I hate sappy nicknames, I say I love you but apparently not enough, Im not really family oriented, dont want to get married or have kids...you get the idea...

while my bf
is super affectionate, says "I love you" constantly, makes up (horrible) nicknames, is a little emotional (can cry pretty easily), wants to get married (talks about it often), sends me sappy texts all day long (many of which I choose to ignore)....

not trying to sound like a b***h just seems like we have a little reversal going on

Well okay, when you guys first met, did you know that he was this way and vice versa? How long have you been together and what does he think about you being the opposite of him? It's okay if you're not one of those "touchy-feely" kind of women, not all of us are. I don't like to be hung on and constantly touched and "petted" but I do enjoy the occasional affectionate stuff...

It's a personality thing - does he even notice you're this way??

Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
I only feel like the man in my relationship when I wear the...oh never mind

Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM

We've been dating for over 3 years. The roles have always been this way from the first day we met. I love him because hes a sweetheart but come on...I cant be the man all the time

Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
We've been dating for over 3 years. The roles have always been this way from the first day we met. I love him because hes a sweetheart but come on...I cant be the man all the time

LOL right, right! Well I don't know babe. I would say if you are really feeling like he's overboard with the hugs and kisses then you need to say something to him. Orrrr.... maybe you can turn on the warm and fuzzies once in a while LOL
So, by you saying you "can't be the man all the time", do you want him to be less affectionate and give you a chance to be more affectionate? LOL Do a little role reversal, he'll be fine LOL

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 PM

93 posts, read 168,870 times
Quote:
I'm not really sure what you mean unless your beggin for sex all the time and he's claiming to have a headache. can i even talk like that in here?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
I'm not really sure what you mean unless your beggin for sex all the time and he's claiming to have a headache. can i even talk like that in here?
Its not that bad but he does refer to it as "making love" not "sex"...thats an issue right??

Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
I don't see affection and emotions as just a female thing unless you were raised to believe that garbage--like I was but I dissed it anyway. My guy is touchy-feely and he can show emotion from time to time and I don't see him as any less a man. He is definitely THE MAN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships