Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
True love knows no pounds.

That should be on a Hallmark card. Dang, I'm good!
You are, my dear! Hallmark can always use more cards. A few days ago I noticed "grandparents' day" on my calendar! Aunt's day, Nephew's day, etc. soon to come to a Hallmark near you!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
True love knows no pounds.

That should be on a Hallmark card. Dang, I'm good!
LOL

Now that was clever MA.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Bah. I'm 5'4" and 20 pounds in either direction from my middle weight still gets me into the same pair of jeans. They are either more loose or more snug, but going up or down a whole size wouldn't fit at all.

I'm convinced that most men who spew about pounds have no clue. A few years ago I was talking in a chat room, and some guy said 125 pounds was "fat" for a woman who was 5'4" and most of the men agreed. He said women that height should never be more than 110 pounds. Too bad the weight charts designate 110-145 pounds for a woman who is 5'4".
Wow that's crazy. I can't imagine that anyone would think a woman that size is fat.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
I am a naturally thin woman and I can attest to there being men who are very picky about weight. My lifestyle aside there are seriously men out there who have an anorexia or bulimia fetish and will actually encourage such behaviours because they find it sexually appealing. I find it sick to encourage a mental disorder that has a 20% death rate.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
On the reverse side I am 5'7 and 110 lbs and although most find my figure to be ideal there are some who think I am freakishly thin. What if your partner had lost a good deal of weight instead of gained? Would you be pleased, concerned or displeased? Personally I don't mind. I like a little layer of pudginess to my man although with him being genetically predisposed towards being thin this is an ideal that won't happen and I love him regardless.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:59 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I would have the same problem if he lost a bunch of weight and it was not natural/healthy. Because the teeth are going to go too, not to mention the bones. I really do not want a toothless 40y.o. with bones of glass. Not to mention all the other things that can go wrong.

Being overly fat or thin is a sign of not taking care of yourself for an extended period of time. Same thing with mentally ill induced actions. You can go to therapy and a nutritionist and eat your food just like a heart disease patient takes their meds. I really am tired of the "oh poor me" crap that everyone has going on. Everyone has stuff they don't want to do or feel like doing. You don't have to stay fat or under weight. You just have to take action to change it.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yes, my husband gained a lot of weight. We have been married 35 years. About a year ago, he had gastric sleeve surgery and has lost a lot of weight. He looks great now, but I loved him even when he was heavy. Didn't change my feelings for him. Of course, I was concerned for his health and of course, I do prefer the way he looks now, but again, I loved him no matter what he weighed.

This is what true love is! AWESOME! I sadly have gained a ton of weight since my wife and I got married too. As so has she, but I'm worse. I have been walking to work, drinking water instead of pop and eating healthy but it won't come off, in fact it continues to go up. My doctor is running test after test to see what is wrong. In three years I have gone from 172 to 260. I look GROSS. It's all I can do to believe my wife when she says, "I love you for who you are inside, not the outside. We'll get through this." It's depressing. I am doing what the doc told me to do and I still continue to slowly gain and this is with a carefully monitored 1500 calories a day!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 814 times
Guilty here.

Was a string bean in high school and through my twenties.

Got married, gained 50 pounds in pregnancy and another 62 in the two years after baby was born.

FAT!!!

lol...

Old 07-23-2014, 12:27 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylShug View Post
Guilty here.

Was a string bean in high school and through my twenties.

Got married, gained 50 pounds in pregnancy and another 62 in the two years after baby was born.

FAT!!!

lol...
Well, if you were a string bean, maybe some of those pregnancy lbs. gave you some curves? Maybe they were good pounds? They say to set realistic goals. So maybe your main goal could be to lose 60. Then you can reassess and see if you want to lose some more or not. How does your SO feel about it?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,649 times
40 or 50 lbs is one thing. 100+ is another.

My wife and I are both ~30-40 lbs heavier than when we met 16 years ago - still have no issues with physical attraction to each other.

Would I love her if she gained 100? Yes.

Would I still desire to have sex with her? I believe so.

I'd definitelty worry about her health, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships