Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are those that call Astrology supersititious nonsense, because it can't be scientifically proven, yet you'll find these people believing in God,going to church on Sunday. Go figure!
Interesting how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thank goodness, not too many are like you! Long live ignorance!!

Moon & Venus She Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxiclove View Post
And just what is wrong with scorpio women?
Birds of a feather

I can certainly speak to this.... Venus in Scorpio!!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Birds of a feather

I can certainly speak to this.... Venus in Scorpio!!
Aha! Well, whether others like us or not, it does appear that we like one another!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
I read my horoscope (or try to) EVERY DAY

I find it to be quite accurate most times!!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:57 PM

362 posts, read 392,085 times
Planet
Planet

Sun=Sagittarius

Moon=Virgo

Mercury=Sagittarius

Venus=Sagittarius

Mars=Taurus

Jupiter=Scorpio

Saturn=Sagittarius

Uranus=Leo

Neptune=Scorpio

Pluto=Virgo

Ascendant=Virgo

Midheaven =Gemini

Recently had my chart done online. Not sure what all of it means.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
Planet
Planet

Sun=Sagittarius

Moon=Virgo

Mercury=Sagittarius

Venus=Sagittarius

Mars=Taurus

Jupiter=Scorpio

Saturn=Sagittarius

Uranus=Leo

Neptune=Scorpio

Pluto=Virgo

Ascendant=Virgo

Midheaven =Gemini

Makes sense (even Venus in Sagittarius). I can't stand Sagittariuses myself. Guess your Moon may be your saving grace.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
Planet
Planet

Sun=Sagittarius

Moon=Virgo

Mercury=Sagittarius

Venus=Sagittarius

Mars=Taurus

Jupiter=Scorpio

Saturn=Sagittarius

Uranus=Leo

Neptune=Scorpio

Pluto=Virgo

Ascendant=Virgo

Midheaven =Gemini

Wow, lot a planets in Virgo and Sagitarius, your very straightforward and blunt in speech.

The Taurus Mars may tone done some the mental energy going on.

Jupiter in Scorpio is where you'll find luck, you might be good at uncovering whats hidden, such as fraud, with the Virgo analytical.

Moon in Virgo, your Mom was quirky, not clingy or overbearing parent.

Virgo first house...check the Virgo Sun sign as well when reading daily hororscopes. Daily horoscopes use the Sun sign as the rising sign or ascendent, which effects the placements of houses.

Libra second house.....money, how it will come to you, what
kind of spender you are.

Scorpio third house...how you communicate

Sagitarius 4th house.....the home, your Father figure

Capricorn 5th house...important relationship house

Aquarius 6th house........what you do for others, service...good placement

Pisces 7th house.....relationships, contracts, marriage

Aries 8th house.....secrets, death

Taurus 9th house....travel, higher learning, education

Gemini 10th house......career you'll choose

Cancer 11th house....friendships

Leo 12th house.....spirituality, baggage

Any house with planets intensifys that house.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 AM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times
More than likely, you have sex appeal and magnetism, which comes with having your Pluto close to your Asc., which is like having a Scorpio Asc.
Until I saw George W Bush's chart, I had him pegged as a Scorpio Asc. Not so!
His Pluto is close to his Asc.

I mostly concentrate on the personal placements, and I see no air or water,
which makes you imbalanced. But whenever you have three or more placements in a particular sign (this case, Saj) those placements take on a flavor of its opposite: Gemini. But both being so extremely restless, sometimes I can't tell the difference between them. Let's pray to God that Mars in Tauraus slows/calms you down. Your heady, intellectual Moon in Virgo is no help here at all, as Virgo is right up there with restlessness with Saj & Gemini. Altho' the restlessness with each sign goes in different directions.

You're a steamroller, that's what they describe predominantly Fire and earth types and your ideal world would be that of an entrepreneur, working for yourself. Your earth placements will crave safety, security, a steady paycheck but if you take that route, your fire placements will suffer and will be mightily unhappy with that decision, as risk comes with fire. But go ahead, take the risk, you have luck to boot, as Saj & Leo placements translate to luck.

When astrologers have asked people which sign of the zodiac they'd prefer to be, lucky Saj has always come out on top. But if you ever say to them, how lucky they are, they'll give you a puzzled look. What luck? I know a three placement Saj with 5 DUI's, and with the 5th, he waltzed out of the courtroom with 2 weeks probation, in a state where your 3rd DUI can send you to prison for 5 years. No point in telling this person he's lucky, all you'll get is that childlike puzzled look on his face.

As for relationships, well the other posters can take over from here!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that's a reputable source! Almost as reputable as snopes.

Oh, it turns out Pythagoras was another simple-minded idiot who can't hold a candle to Mr. LostChin and Mr. Chamataka.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology - Google Books
oh yes, the good ole' "wiki is not reliable" yet it's been compared time and time again with Britannica (a respectable encyclopedia) and proved to be very similar in accuracy.

And yeah, I'm sure men in Ancient Greece knew everything and weren't supertitious at all when their world map didn't even extend beyond the surroundings of the meridatenea.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:08 AM

367 posts, read 1,073,647 times
From the earlier posts, and what I have seen of horoscopes, astrology is all about generalizing, categorizing and making simple predictions on emotional and abstract entities. Personalities, for example. Or, you cna use it to have something to blame instead of taking control and responsibility for your actions.

It's like "judging a book by its cover" again, or in this case, by its zodiac sign.

Astrology horoscopes are pretty similar to the messages in fortune cookies; Generalisms written to fit and allow most people to identify themselves with. You will never see a horoscope that says "don't take the bus on Tuesday, or you will get killed". You will never get a definite statement from astrology. You will, however, get several different vague predicitons, depending on where you go for your horoscope.

The main question is basically - if you tell me that e.g. "I will be restless because of where March and Jupiter happened to be located when I was born" - where do you get this "knowledge" from?

Read this page and let me know if you can answer the questions poised there:
The Astrology Challenge - Skeptico

Old 09-19-2010, 03:07 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
I think that Skeptico needs to prove to me that astrology ISN'T real. But he knows nothing about astrology so he can't. He brings up studies that favor his viewpoint and doesn't acknowledge the studies that show astrology works. If I felt that it was important what Skeptico thought, I might go off and look for every single nugget of information ever in existance in regards to astrology and either prove or disprove his point. But I'm lazy and could care less if Skeptico or any other weirdo with a desire to prove he's smart thinks astrology doesn't work. (yawn) Simply because Skeptico refuses to believe that the ancient manuscripts were destroyed due to natural causes, does not mean he can prove that there weren't any ancient manuscripts. Prove there weren't any manuscripts, Skeptico! Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.