Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,389,523 times

Advertisements

All my exes live in Essex that's why I hang my hat in Newbury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,686,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
So, what you're saying is, the answer is no?
That is correct my dear!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,847,660 times
Still married to my only husband. If we ever divorced, no because I don't think you can have a do over that works. But... We have discussed if we ever split up, having visits now and then for benefits lol.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,543,643 times
I know someone who remarried her ex and they are divorcing again. In general, it's not something I would recommend!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,543,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That is correct my dear!
Just checking, I couldn't quite tell.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:00 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,377,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Needless to say, the main reason I broke up with all of my exes is that they weren't intellectual enough for me. They didn't have an inquiring mind about life, and eventually they bored me to death. But they were basically good guys and they never did anything bad like cheat on me. I fell out of love with them because they were the same person I first met. Once I learned everything there was to know about them, that was it and there wasn't anything interesting to learn about them after that, so the excitement in our relationship was all gone. Meanwhile, I was constantly finding new hobbies and interests to learn about. And no way was I going to be the only passionate about life person in the relationship.
I can relate to this, growing up in a small town and then moving away to someplace far more urban. I broke up with my fiance when I was at college. I must have been 19 or 20 at the time. I dunno, whenever I came back to my hometown to visit, he just seemed stuck in the same place. Moreover, he never intended to leave said small town or really do anything exciting, like travel or go to college. He wasn't a bad person, either, and the gal he married is swell. But she's nothing like me. She's a SAHM who likes to scrapbook and watch American Idol and all of that banal crap. Nothing like me at all.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
I've only been married this one time, but would I get with them again?
No...except maybe the last one...but she would have had to change A LOT. Most of our conflict was maturity-related. So maybe she's grown-up now...who knows? Who cares? I found someone way more compatible - the woman I actually married!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,568,913 times
I think in my case, time has caused me to mellow. It has been a long time (over 10 years), and I almost think I would because in retrospect I can see that I was pretty immature and way too dramatic. I start thinking the situation was not as bad as I thought it was and I really bailed without thinking it through. Sometimes I think I was a much better fit w/my ex than I am with my current husband.

Then I creep around on facebook, see pics, and wow he has not aged well...also I either see an ex inlaw, or somebody will just bring up something about my ex's family and I realize how glad I am to be away from them.

I would give it a 51% of chance remarrying my EX...depends on how I feel that day.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,005,521 times
I would rather do the following:

- Floss my sinuses with a string saw

- Knowingly and for no reward drink a cup of dog spit

- Paint myself green and wait for the locusts to come back

- Swim in a pool of rusty razor blades and lemon juice

- Give myself a frontal lobotomy with dimestore explosives

- Mix the scrapings from beneath my fingernails after a hard day's labour in the barnyard with mayonnaise and then eat the stuff.

- Read the Twilight series and then openly admit it to other Men

- Bite my own nipples off (painful enough, not to mention the awful contortion of reaching them) and then stop the bleeding with turpentine

- Pierce my own ears with a chainsaw

- See the Bush administration come back while actively abolishing the limitations on terms in office

Okay, I think that last one was quite enough to get the point across.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 AM

395 posts, read 1,285,607 times
I am still married (happily) to my husband but if something were to go wrong; I wouldnt imagine marrying him again. He would have become an ex for a reason noh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships