Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,879,988 times

Advertisements

Wait...guys are noticing your bewbs (imagine that..guys like bewbs? Who knew?) And that makes them pervs? Really now..

Old 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM

881 posts, read 1,110,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Wait...guys are noticing your bewbs (imagine that..guys like bewbs? Who knew?) And that makes them pervs? Really now..

I am starting to realize I may have been a bit sensitive.... just used to being one of the guys for so long, that it can be intimidating to all of a sudden move to a new place and be treated like one of the girls now.....

Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,379,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I am starting to realize I may have been a bit sensitive.... just used to being one of the guys for so long, that it can be intimidating to all of a sudden move to a new place and be treated like one of the girls now.....
What in the world does that mean? You are seriously like a politician.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,288,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
What in the world does that mean? You are seriously like a politician.
It means she's not used to being treated like a piece of meat. And no, I don't think she's over reacting.

Misswee - Don't apologize for wanting to be treated with respect. Stand your ground. With most people you can't just expect them to be nice and respect you, you have to demand it. But once you do, they'll know who you are and what your boundaries are and they'll start to realize you're more than just your cup size.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:09 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,797,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Yeah, I used to say that when I made the transition from highschool to college, because it was TRUE. It's not so believable on a 37-year-old woman.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
It means she's not used to being treated like a piece of meat. And no, I don't think she's over reacting.

Misswee - Don't apologize for wanting to be treated with respect. Stand your ground. With most people you can't just expect them to be nice and respect you, you have to demand it. But once you do, they'll know who you are and what your boundaries are and they'll start to realize you're more than just your cup size.
I don't treat women like pieces of meat, so excuse me for not understanding buzz words.

You can't demand respect...you command it.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:19 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,288,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't treat women like pieces of meat, so excuse me for not understanding buzz words.

You can't demand respect...you command it.
There's one thing I've learned from being a teacher - respect is the bare minimum. And I've done everything in teaching, from Juvi to preschool.

Command - demand. Semantics. The point is, it doesn't matter who you are. You could be a convicted felon, a 7th grader with an attitude or a horny guy who thinks I have great boobs, but the respect better be there.

I used to work with a teacher who would tell me I was too nice (and I was starting out). Her motto was this: You may not like me, but you will respect me.

And guess what? They did.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 PM

881 posts, read 1,110,332 times
Quote:
There's one thing I've learned from being a teacher - respect is the bare minimum. And I've done everything in teaching, from Juvi to preschool.

Command - demand. Semantics. The point is, it doesn't matter who you are. You could be a convicted felon, a 7th grader with an attitude or a horny guy who thinks I have great boobs, but the respect better be there.

I used to work with a teacher who would tell me I was too nice (and I was starting out). Her motto was this: You may not like me, but you will respect me.

Nice. I am at the point where yeah, I don't care if the don't like me..., but YEAH, well....

When I stand up for ME, I feel like I am standing up for everyone else in the same shoes as me as well.....

Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Not semantics at all.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,084,990 times
Well, well well, now this thread certain sounded familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it -intersting.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...room-mate.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.