Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
If these women are as great and accomplished as you say, they are probably just pricing themselves out of the market.

For example, I'm sure they are not considering your Lowes store clerk, truckdriver, construction worker or even school teacher. These guys would be way too low on the socioeconomic scale. A lot of eligible men over a certain age fall into these work categories.

They likely want successful high earners in their own age group. The men they want though are probably already married or dating 25 year old aerobics instructors. Personally, I'm not going to shed too many tears over well-to-do attractive professionals who can't find a partner.
You are right...The do not want blue collar men. Especially the one that can buy her own 50K ring(the white one). She takes the cake with some of her comments. For instance she doesn't believe anyone over the age of 30 should have a maritial registary for gifts. She thinks it is tacky. She stated if you have to ask for appliances to start your new life at 30 or above that is pitiful and maybe you shouldn't get married. I don't agree with that. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yes she is into designer wear, and german cars(a particuliar one);if you looked at her would NEVER think she had an elitist mindset. She looks and dresses very very very plain, but somehow it suits her. I have seen her interact with others both male and females and she is not a snob. She does hold a very powerful position so I could see how she would have difficulty submitting to a man, because in her career the men answer to her and eat out of her hands....I was SHOCKED when I witnessed it. I didn't realize the position she had. To me she was just a buddy to others she was something else.

The other ladies are much much more down to earth....They wouldn't have to stay in a 5 star hotel like the one I mentioned earlier, it would be nice to them, but that isn't mandatory. I can see the down to earth women with a blue collar worker--I think... They just want to be happy and find love. Actually as I think of their personalities yes I believe they would marry a blue collar worker as long as he was a Chrisitan and loved them and made them happy, I could see that. I never once heard those 3-4 say I would like to marry a physician or CEO of large lucrative company. I have heard the other mentioning desiring her mate to have a leer jet...

Do you guys think it is odd for a successful female over 30 to not have any male friends?? No males to talk to on the phone or go out with just to hang out?? I have heard the complaints regarding this and not sure how to respond. It gets depressing when I hear this talk...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:06 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Some women are just more self confident these days and realize that independence is a good thing, they realize that they don't have to fit into society's mold of getting married, having kids and buying a house while driving a mini van.
Exactly. Some women are single because they want to be.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! CRAZY, RIGHT??!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post

You are right...The do not want blue collar men.
Just curious, chica_bella, how do you know these women?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Just curious, chica_bella, how do you know these women?
2 of them I have known through church for over 15 years. One is a doctor who is as sweet as humble pie. She says she is just waiting on the Lord and believes she will find the cure for cancer She has men who have wanted to be with her.

The other of the 2 I have known for 15++ years through church as well and she is like a sister. Almost had a match with my brother, but he isn't into church so she marked him off. (Glad about that)

The others are friends that I have known over the years,they also are very much into God except the Latina one...She is the wild child out of the bunch, but still has a hard time landing a good man And none of them are NOT into women for the 10th time!! They LOVE men, race isn't an issue either. They would date out of their race and they all have. They don't drink or smoke or party--except you know which one.... She is just a social drinker doesn't smoke So I don't know what to tell 'em.

Why were you curious about my connection with them?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM

21 posts, read 44,040 times
On marriage: "Joan's finding the right marriage fit was always going to be problematic. She's too strong, too dazzling, too bigger-than-life for the average man. Most of the men around her know that. As for the few who would be her equal in star quality, they were scoffed up by the "Bettys" of the dating world long ago."

If you watch Mad Men, you'll understand this post.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Why were you curious about my connection with them?
To see if there's some kind of common denominator. I guess it could be regional thing, tho, that seems like a stretch.

eta: based on your other post maybe it is a church/god thing.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
I don't have answers. Though, I do understand the feeling of loneliness - this is one of the feelings I am scared of . Being in the middle of a 2-million city and feeling the lonely chill in your bones. That's what I used to be, at 38. I used to be the same "high earning, white-collar, gym-pumping, match.com-a-trying" one. In my case, moving away from all that, helped me. I met someone in a very small place. I am currently working away a week at a time from my husband and kids, and am starting to get the same horrible feeling of loneliness, when I am away. I need to be engrosses into "our" life, I need my family, and I need to be needed. "I need you" phrase is 90% of lyrics of all love songs and romantic literature. How our society has turned to personal independent happiness, I won't be able to understand - through my heart - even though I may understand through my head.

Yes, there are women who prefer staying single, but OP is not speaking of them. Normal, red-blooded women stay single even if they don't prefer it, and that's sad.

They should not be overlooking the blue-collar men, though. Since the 80s, everything started turning towards the "knowledge economy" and shop classes were eliminated at schools. As if we became ethereal bodies with no needs. If your toilet is plugged, China won't help you. You will call in a plumber and pay him dearly. The Chinese won't fix your car that is sitting in your driveway. The WSJ has mused already if "being in trades is becoming the most sure way for lucrative life". What's with all those ethereal Wall-Streeters building air castles.

Sorry for the diversion. The God thing I don't understand though.

Last edited by nuala; 09-16-2010 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
To see if there's some kind of common denominator. I guess it could be regional thing, tho, that seems like a stretch.

eta: based on your other post maybe it is a church/god thing.
Yes our common denominator would be our faith and we are all college grads and professionals.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yes our common denominator would be our faith and we are all college grads and professionals.
Well, if such strong faith is a requirement, and there aren't that many single men in your church, it's not surprising they're having a hard time finding a mate.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Well, if such strong faith is a requirement, and there aren't that many single men in your church, it's not surprising they're having a hard time finding a mate.
Any suggestions??? I don't believe any would change faith because they can't get a man in their bed or I should rephrase that, they don't want a man in their bed until they are married.

I have recommended to them going to another church's single functions but they don't want to....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships