U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2010, 08:04 PM

3,261 posts, read 2,920,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
No Oprah couldn't. She will never have attractive (read: high status) men chasing her down because men are not attracted to status and power. Men are attracted to youth and beauty. It's an unfortunate reality for most women, but it's reality nonetheless. A slim, pretty 23-year old waitress has a 4000% better chance of landing a dashing, handsome billionaire tycoon than Oprah Winfrey.

Again, why is the assumption that a man wants to improve his game just to have sex? Do you also assume that when a woman tries to lose weight to become more attractive to men that her underlying motive is to suck men dry of their money?

Most men have already maxed out their educational attainment and earning potential, though those could be improved upon as well. But most men have not maxed out their game status, which will also help them become more attractive to a larger pool of women.

I don't equate attractive to high status, so I can't read it that way. I equate attractive in the way Redisca did - intelligent, handsome and charming.

Truth be told, my initial post on this thread was in response to Nutz, who is well-known for his PUA school of thought. If you are unaware what that is and care to read a little about how he thinks, then click here: Dr. Phil.com - Messageboards - 04/11 Women Beware!

His method of coming off as a "high-status male" is by putting the woman down in order to "Temporarily lower her value, decreasing the potential value gap between you," and not use his wit, charm or even jiggle the keys to his Benz in her face.

Quote:
From Nutz76's post: A neg is a very strong disqualification tool that can also raise your value. A neg is something that appears to be communicated with positive or at least neutral intent toward a woman, but “inadvertently” betrays that you notice that she is not perfect. For example, the classic neg, “nice nails, are they real?” is somewhat of a compliment, until she admits that her nails are fake. “You blink a lot” (said neutrally) or “your nose wiggles when you talk” (said as if you think it’s cute) accomplish the same thing.
As Redisca said, if a man does not have charm, intelligence, wit or anything else to offer a woman, than he better have game.

Regardless, I don't think the OP needs all this BS to talk to a classmate he's interested in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,836,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oprah Winfrey does not have very attractive men falling heads over heels for her.
I fail to see anything wrong with Oprah's boyfriend. I'll take him over your example any day.

http://cdn.concreteloop.com/wp-conte...2008/09/os.jpg

Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 PM

3,500 posts, read 4,574,812 times
Try talking to her everyday, position yourself near her, leaving or entering the class, its easy to chit chat in a shuffle of people. The more you talk to her the more comfortable you will be. After a few weeks of idle chit chat, ask her if she wants to grab some lunch or coffee or whatever your into. You can do it. Take a deep breath and go for it.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:27 AM

1,325 posts, read 1,190,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Works great on women who are

(1) imaginary;
(2) inflatable;
(3) flat-out drunk; or
(4) have abysmally low self-esteem
I love this. It's the defacto argument detractors eventually resort to when their egos feel threatened and they have no other way of arguing against the cold hard truth of the matter, which is that Game works on everyone, both men and women alike. Each gender has their own set of rules of course, like women wearing makeup, pushup bras, etc that fake out men by conveying better fertility and men learning Game to emulate (and later become) the kind of guy that woman naturally are attracted to.

Bottom line: Game is applied sociobiology backed with an understanding of evolutionary psychology. It's not an exact science, hence pickup artists being artists and not scientists, but it's damn better than the alternative of just winging it and hoping for the best.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 AM

1,325 posts, read 1,190,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I disagree. Great comparison by the way a 40 year old man to a 56 year old woman. I bet though if Oprah chose to use her money and status, llike you recommend men do, she'd have just as many men falling all over her. The point is none of these people are sincere.
Nope. Male and female attraction doesn't work the same way. Granted she might get some male gold diggers sniffing around, but it won't be the same kind of attraction that success and status instills in females.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 AM

3,261 posts, read 2,920,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Bottom line: Game is applied sociobiology backed with an understanding of evolutionary psychology. It's not an exact science, hence pickup artists being artists and not scientists, but it's damn better than the alternative of just winging it and hoping for the best.
Well, what do YOU have to show for it. with all the big game you talk? Have you caught that ideal woman? Are you happily committed to the woman you've been working to "get".

Assuming that you've GOT game, I bet you're still uncommitted and alone, staring at that scorecard you probably have framed above your bed. And what women have you actually gotten? Either the kind that has got game herself and thinks that you are just a pit stop until something better comes along or some poor girl that bought your line and will get tossed away because she's just a trophy to you.

Quote:
Nope. Male and female attraction doesn't work the same way. Granted she might get some male gold diggers sniffing around, but it won't be the same kind of attraction that success and status instills in females.
I'll concede the "just as many" and replace it with "enough to have enough choices to never be alone if she wanted".

Last edited by robee70; 10-01-2010 at 07:14 AM..

Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 AM

3,486 posts, read 3,417,808 times
Quote:
I love this. It's the defacto argument detractors eventually resort to when their egos feel threatened and they have no other way of arguing against the cold hard truth of the matter, which is that Game works on everyone, both men and women alike. Each gender has their own set of rules of course, like women wearing makeup, pushup bras, etc that fake out men by conveying better fertility and men learning Game to emulate (and later become) the kind of guy that woman naturally are attracted to.
You have no idea what kind of guy women are attracted to and never will -- because you are too wrapped up in narcissistic wish-fulfillment to actually listen. Once again, based on my own observations, "game" is the last resort of men who are profoundly unattractive due to stupidity, lack of accomplishment, repulsive appearance and bad manners -- and works on women who are pretty much in the same category. That's the cold hard truth. An even colder and harder truth is that women are strongly attracted to all the qualities that PUA's routinely lack. May those PUA's eat their hearts out -- sorry, them's the breaks. Nor is there any way to "become" a man that women are attracted to by using "game". At best, it works about as well as beer goggles.

Quote:
No, game is applied to useless verbiage drenched in sciencey-sounding words that don't actually mean anything. Evolutionary psychology is crap, from a scientific standpoint, and people with any kind of science background understand this. It fails the most basic criteria for being a science. Same with "sociobiology". And pick-up artists aren't "artists" either, and game isn't "art". However, with brains the size of peas, I am not surprised those people think they are all in the same league with Michelangelo.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 AM

16,623 posts, read 14,361,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Once again, based on my own observations, "game" is the last resort of men who are profoundly unattractive due to stupidity, lack of accomplishment, repulsive appearance and bad manners -- and works on women who are pretty much in the same category.
"game" is anything that attracts women. i heard the word in middle school, so to me it does not have such a narrow context.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 AM

124 posts, read 98,422 times
How to approach her?

From behind...

Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 3,225,521 times
Make a lot of money and buy a very expensive sports car.

Then when you see her say this, "come ride with me baby".

Works everytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships