Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Stripper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Doggroomers? lmao...j/k

Old 09-17-2010, 09:47 PM

326 posts, read 837,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

Stripper

I would agree they probably get the most!

A lot of creepy guys frequent strip clubs.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:15 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Well, I think we can specify a few traits for the women:

1. Physical visibility (ie: her physical attractiveness is on display)

2. Wide audience (whether it's through a media medium or in person)

3. Availability (there's a consistency to where they are - the waitress works at the same waitress every week, the newscaster comes on tv at XYZ, the real estate agent has her number posted everywhere)

Old 09-18-2010, 12:22 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, there was an article in Money magazine not long ago about RE agents suggesting the most successful of them are attractive women. If something as innocent as your looks helps you improve your bottom line, I personally see nothing wrong with using them.
Yea, and that's how you know you are living in a meritocracy.

People at my workplace are *eerily* good looking (on average, 7/10 compared with 4/10 elsewhere) compared to people in all the lower-ranked neighboring institutions. This applies to both the men and women, the old and the young. I've never been surrounded by so many body-conscious, clothing-conscious, pleasant-looking people. I am seriously freaked out by this fact. I have no doubt that looks do play a role even in careers that require academic merit. There are confounders in this -- such as looks play a role in the development of personality, which affects how you perform during the interview. If two equally qualified applicants present themselves at an interview, I believe the better looking one would be picked. And it is not as if there are sexual motives in such a choice, as the consequences of any sexual misconduct would bring down the hammer so hard that one would never work again in this town.

Good looking people prevail... Such is life... sad in many ways...

Last edited by miyu; 09-18-2010 at 12:32 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 06:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Most people's faces are meh, I guess. But I agree: those are the professions which have the most attractive people. I would add marine biologists, oceanographers and the like, if I knew I could generalise my personal experience. I have no idea why but the ones I've met are really, really good-looking and have a very healthy attitude.
I can believe it. I used to hang out with lots of surfers, and although a lot of them weren't in college, they did have an intense love for and interest in the ocean. They tended to have a very natural, down-to-earth, easygoing hippie thing going on and had an attractive glow about them. Maybe it's just the contentment of doing something you love and being connected to nature. I wonder if others have the same observations around, say, park rangers.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:01 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
What profession has the most.... attractive people (male or female), but also generate the most calls or emails from wierdo stalkers.
Taiji instructors.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:53 AM

331 posts, read 990,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Why did you quit? Did you eventually burn out or move onto bigger and better things??

I am horrably shy so I still struggle with how to handle these situations.

The worst part is when I get shy and nervous I smile!! Totally sends twisted messages. I have never felt fear for my well being but some men bless their hearts...
I had a really bad skateboarding injury that put me out of work for about 8 weeks. It was then that I realized I needed something that I'd be able to continue doing whether I was hurt or not. So I picked up software engineering. I still miss massage a lot, and can't wait to get back into doing it full-time at some point, but for now I've got a lot of student loans to pay back, hahaha.

I was shy up until I started running my own business for massage. It really breaks you out of your shell when you realize "if I don't learn how to be more outgoing and market myself, I'm going to starve."

Good luck and enjoy massage, but don't take sh-- from anyone.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM

162 posts, read 177,364 times
I remember some gals who were barbers and hair stylists who would get their fair share of regular fans. Guys would come back every week for a haircut they didn't need just to have these ladies fondling through their hair.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:57 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Pharmaceutical reps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships