Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:56 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times

Advertisements

I disagree with the 50-50 partnership thing. It sounds nice on paper but that's not the way life is. Some people are more dominant or submissive than others. There's nothing wrong with that. Submissives are often attracted to opposite sex partners who are more dominant than they are. I have read that there are more natural submissives, including males, than there are doms. One combination that doesn't seem to work out is when both partners have dominant personality types, this can lead to a lot of conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:56 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
The post I was referring to has been deleted. Twas written right after yours.
oh

Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM

22 posts, read 29,731 times
It's kind of 50/50, but I prefer women to make most of the decisions. They're a lot smarter than me.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,312,841 times
i still keep hearing that it is logically not possible for a relationship to be a partnership, where it is 50/50, i always keep hearing there has to be a leader and a follower or the attraction will be lost

Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Submissive men have become common place in western society since feminism.
This is going to be 90% of this thread. too bad

Old 10-29-2011, 06:53 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
You should have no shortage of men who are submissive to their wives. IMHO, this is the case in most marriages. It may not be obvious, but once you get to know them, it becomes plain. What amazed me is that I've been the head of the house all during our marriage. However, my son is led around by his wife. Whatever she wants, she gets. It's pathetic.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Submissive men just aren't my thing. I like for men to be men. I don't want to have to be dominating all the time. If he needs to be bossed around, I'm not sticking around. I like a man who takes initiative, is masculine & has balls.
Being submissive once in a great while is ok; but I'd never do a LTR with a submissive man.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Submissive men are pathetic, I mean, scared of your wife? Seriously? I have never been scared of any women I have been with yet I have never felt the need to dominate a relationship but you better believe I will be freaking loud and nasty if we are not getting along or if she is trying to pull some BS.

I was in a long term relationship for 6 years and although she was not submissive, she was a more passive person, I often felt like I had to make all the decisions and it did not feel like a true partnership.

I have to say, some of the loudest arguments we had were actually very beneficial, they almost always drew her closer to me. A dude who is submissive and does not express himself will never get any respect, I feel sorry for these pansies.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,312,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Submissive men just aren't my thing. I like for men to be men. I don't want to have to be dominating all the time. If he needs to be bossed around, I'm not sticking around. I like a man who takes initiative, is masculine & has balls.
Being submissive once in a great while is ok; but I'd never do a LTR with a submissive man.
so you want a guy that bosses you around like Ralph Kramden, Fred Flintstone?

Old 10-29-2011, 06:02 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
so you want a guy that bosses you around like Ralph Kramden, Fred Flintstone?
Nope. But I also don't want a guy that is afraid of his own masculinity. I've seen the pu**y whipped men out there; it's a shame. To each his own. I don't care what turns other women on. In my life the most passionate men I've dated were not submissive in any way shape or form. And I wouldn't have it any other way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships