U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,935,648 times
Default Submissive men in Female-led relationships

Are there any here on CD? Submissive men or women in a relationship with one? And by this I don't mean the "kinky" brand of submissiveness... I'd like to hear what it was like when you first started dating.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:59 PM

6,987 posts, read 12,553,970 times
I'm only submissive to sierra. No one else.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM

380 posts, read 400,677 times
I have a submissive man. Stems from the way his mother raised him and how my father raised me. He was raised in a female-dominated environment where the women was always right and I was brought up mostly by my father and taught to fend for myself and have my own opinions.

So he was taught to NEVER raise his voice to a woman, never cuss at a woman, etc etc. All good things but I guess it was a little extreme on his end because now everything is "whatever you want" with him. He doesnt really form his own opinions about anything. So I end up making all the decisions myself.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
I have a submissive man. Stems from the way his mother raised him and how my father raised me. He was raised in a female-dominated environment where the women was always right and I was brought up mostly by my father and taught to fend for myself and have my own opinions.

So he was taught to NEVER raise his voice to a women, never cuss at a women, etc etc. All good things but I guess it was a little extreme on his end because now everything is "whatever you want" with him. He doesnt really form his own opinions about anything. So I end up making them myself.
How do you feel about it and about him?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 PM

380 posts, read 400,677 times
He's a sweetheart but I'm always going to be opinionated no matter who I'm with. Sometimes I do things to try to get a reaction out of him, but to no avail. So that's annoying. But I guess it works out for us since I think I'm right about everything lol

Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 PM

875 posts, read 993,518 times
My boyfriend isn't submissive in that he's stubborn and opinionated, but, due to practical circumstances there's a power differential in the relationship that means I often have the upper hand. In general, I don't really like that this is the case.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM

To be clear, this thread isn't about being opinionated or who has the upper hand in a relationship. I am talking about a very specific thing: male submission to female authority in a relationship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female-Led_Relationship

Old 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,003,259 times
I think there are a lot of them out there. I know of one marriage in which he submits to her mainly due to her wealth. She has threatened him about leaving her, that she would leave him destitute. He just puts up with everything and she is in complete control. She makes up schedules and tells him what he will do and where they will go, what they will buy or invest in and what will happen with their child. He just waits for orders like a good soldier.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM

3,435 posts, read 1,064,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Are there any here on CD? Submissive men or women in a relationship with one? And by this I don't mean the "kinky" brand of submissiveness... I'd like to hear what it was like when you first started dating.

Thank-goodness for that
Anyways I think that after marriage most relationships turn out this way. In all the relationships I've seen the man is scared of his wife. So he will basically end up giving in and doing almost anything she tells him to do.

Last edited by KylieEve; 09-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: .

Old 09-17-2010, 04:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,468,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Thank-goodness for that
Anyways I think that after marriage most relationships turn out this way. In all the relationships I've seen the man is scared of his wife. So he will basically end up giving in and doing almost anything she tells him to do.
She said kinky, do you whip your big boy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships