Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I put some on the shopping list once for DH. After about 4 phones calls to ensure the right ones, and why don't I like the other ones, and have ever tried these....

The man was very detailed oriented, and while it had nothing to do with feminine hygiene, I just ended up not sending him to the store anymore...

Really it was just easier for me to go than to field a phone call after phone call on SPECIFICALLY what olives I needed...
Hello, Mikala? I know you said you wanted Kotex, but the CVS brand is on sale, two for $6. I figured out the cost differential, and we'd be saving almost two cents per tampon, even with the Kotex coupon. Over the next three years, that's almost $50. I talked to a lady here, and she said they're just as good. Apparently the applicators are made from recycled egg cartons, so they're good for the environment. Do you want me to get these? I can show you my notes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I know a real he man guy who would bulk at buying his wife tampons. Then they got a dog that had a bladder problem. They made cloth diapers for it that had to be lined with pads. He not only buys pads in bulk for the dog, but Ive seen him change its diaper.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:55 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
and purchase tampons/sanitary napkins for your girlfriend/wife?
Sure why not?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
I've always wondered at guys who balk at this. I figure why the hell not? They're clearly not for me, nor are any other feminine hygiene products.

I figure any guy who fears being made fun of (the ONLY possible reason I could imagine worrying about it in the first place) should be verbally prepared.

Clerk: "Tampons, huh?!?" *snicker*

Me: "Yep, the wife needed some. She uses most of them, I use a few."

Clerk: *perplexed expression* "YOU use some?"

Me: "Yeah. They're excellent for stopping the flow of blood... like the kind that comes from a broken nose. Capisci?"

Old 09-21-2010, 07:27 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
I've done it but never get it right. . . there are seemingly hundreds of different models, sizes, application methods, kits and whatever. But it does get me out of the house at what is usually a key time.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Absolutely. I DO need to know specifically what to buy though. There is a ton of different choices out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Really girls, I didn't know that could be a dealbreaker. Give the men a break it is kind of embarrassing for them to buy those things. It doesn't mean they're not mature.
I have bought tampons tons of times. Why would it embarass me? I honestly can't even really think why. I've obviously never had a period, but I've heard they can be painful and exhausting. Probably more embarassing for her to go to the store in that state, than me.

At work, I do laugh at the title "erection supervisor" everytime I email him. So it's not like it takes much maturity to buy a tampon.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM

609 posts, read 1,259,658 times
i sent my exboyfriend to buy me some on more then one occasion, it never bothered him to have to do it, but he always came back with the wrong ones. so i stopped asking...and i wont ask any future boyfriends to do it either, because i want it to be right lol.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Hubby will do it but like JustJulia I think the choice can be so bewildering ( for women as well as men to be honest) that you have to be super-specific . He doesn't get embarassed in the slightest, as he says "it's not like they are going to think it's for me... " . He really is a sweetie though and even carries my handbag for me when I get tired ( which I do quite often).

Mind you I always try to chose fairly neutral handbags , ( my favourite and most used is basically a thin feminine briecase) , I am not sure how he would like me having a fuschia pink handbag with feathers and diamantes on it !! That might be testing his love a little too far !

I don't see how any man who is confident and mature could have a problem buying something such as feminine products.

Nobody is going to point the finger and think he has periods after all. It is like people who cannot say the word penis and vagina without going purple in the face, stuttering and looking as though they wish the earth would open up and swallow them. I know people who will use every childish name in the book rather than use the correct anatomical ones. I find that bizarre.

Considering we humans are prepared to exchange bodily fluids I would say buying some tampons is pretty low on the embarassing scale of things....

Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 AM

182 posts, read 298,773 times
My female cousin called me on her cell phone from a pharmacy is Paris France and says "could you please make this f***ing idiot understand that I need tampons? He keeps handing me a box of QTips!" Apparently the word "tampon" means anything with a cotton end to it in France!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:00 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Speaking of which, if anyone out there knows where I can buy tampons in bulk, for the lowest price, let me know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships