Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 PM

76 posts, read 223,579 times

Advertisements

I am surprised and grateful by the many responses throughout the years. My daughter is now older and we are much happier. My story was very real. Now I am making better choices but for some reason I tend to attract a lot of African men still. I don't trust them anymore so I stay away. I am a caring person but not stupid. Their approach is ALWAYS the same (charming and persistent). I don't like to stereotype but the obvious evidence is from this forum. I hope that other woman in similar situations can learn from their experience as I have and move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 PM

30,941 posts, read 22,011,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I am surprised and grateful by the many responses throughout the years. My daughter is now older and we are much happier. My story was very real. Now I am making better choices but for some reason I tend to attract a lot of African men still. I don't trust them anymore so I stay away. I am a caring person but not stupid. Their approach is ALWAYS the same (charming and persistent). I don't like to stereotype but the obvious evidence is from this forum. I hope that other woman in similar situations can learn from their experience as I have and move forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I found out two days ago that he does not use tissue but instead his hands to wipe clean.( NO Lie)
Good luck to you. A Muslim girl (very modern and moderate) that I was dating earlier this year told me of all sorts of freaky traditions: wiping butts with their bare hand amongst other things was one of the funky things she told me about even though her and her family didn't. We really have enough ass backward people in this country with out these freaks moving here.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,275,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Good luck to you. A Muslim girl (very modern and moderate) that I was dating earlier this year told me of all sorts of freaky traditions: wiping butts with their bare hand amongst other things was one of the funky things she told me about even though her and her family didn't. We really have enough ass backward people in this country with out these freaks moving here.
Ass backward - are you trying to be punny?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
JL

8,519 posts, read 14,519,775 times
Wow! From marriage to bare hand ass wipe. This thread has gotten asinine alright.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,966,194 times
This may be a petty question, but...After using the hand, they wash the hand...right? Also...how does just a hand get everything "off" of there?

Sorry. Curiosity has gotten the better of me. This is just something I'm having a LOT of trouble imagining doing.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 PM

19,680 posts, read 20,196,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
wiping butts with their bare hand amongst other things was one of the funky things she told me about
So, then what do they wipe their hand with?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM

48,507 posts, read 34,760,098 times
It's funny, because a lot of what we do, other cultures consider dirty.

Thai's don't want to sit on the toilet seat, they consider that disgusting. They stand on it and squat. Which, IF you have good aim, IS more sanitary.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,966,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Thai's don't want to sit on the toilet seat, they consider that disgusting. They stand on it and squat. Which, IF you have good aim, IS more sanitary.
And which if you don't, is incredibly unsanitary for everyone else. As anyone who has ever used a public toilet seat knows. Ugh.

Also, if Thai culturally think sitting on a seat to pee is disgusting, why do their toilets *have* seats? Just curious.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,981,423 times
Thais dont' believe in toilet seats?

Good god man. If I ever ventured into Thailand and had to take a dookie, but found out there toilets had nothing to sit on, I'd probably run into the forest with a roll of TP to find something to sit on.

That period of time spent there would be very very painful.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,108,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I ever ventured into Thailand and had to take a dookie, but found out there toilets had nothing to sit on, I'd probably run into the forest with a roll of TP to find something to sit on.
Sit on this!

http://photo-dict.faqs.org/photofile...889beehive.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships