Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,803,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
At this point in my life I really do NOT want to have any more kids of my own. I don't think many men would be willing to never have their own children but gladly accept mine as apart of their life. At least in my age range.
I would love to have another child now that things are settling down with my son, but at age 40, I don't see it happening, especially since I have no prospects in sight, at the moment. And I'm old. My son really wants siblings, though, so if the guy has kids, and everything's copacetic in that area, it would be great, and my son would be thrilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 PM

491 posts, read 1,043,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It screams to me, he had problems before with others he dated.^^^To Neemy
I agree.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It screams to me, he had problems before with others he dated.^^^To Neemy
I gave up on online dating sites, because the "baggage factor" with men my age is HIGH.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 PM

326 posts, read 834,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I would love to have another child now that things are settling down with my son, but at age 40, I don't see it happening, especially since I have no prospects in sight, at the moment. My son really wants siblings, though, so if the guy has kids, and everything's copacetic in that area, it would be great, and my son would be thrilled.
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a single mom?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 PM

^^^

Nope, not at all.

It will be 4 years in December.

Edit:

Actually, my son's father was "away" for much of the last several years of my marriage. My son asked me if his dad had moved out, because he wasn't coming home after work. So... maybe more like 10 -12 years. I left 4 years ago in December, though.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM

326 posts, read 834,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
^^^

Nope, not at all.

It will be 4 years in December.

Edit:

Actually, my son's father was "away" for much of the last several years of my marriage. My son asked me if his dad had moved out, because he wasn't coming home after work. So... maybe more like 10 -12 years. I left 4 years ago in December, though.
Oh okay.

I am afriad to end up one of those single forever moms like my aunt...

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Oh okay.

I am afriad to end up one of those single forever moms like my aunt...
Hopefully I didn't scare you! I was in a relationship for 1.5 years out of those 4, so...

On second thought, that doesn't really help, since he was the guy who worried about being a father or stepfather.... His parents divorced when he was 3, though, and neither remarried. It really impacted his view of parenting and marriage.

You'll be fine.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:33 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,375,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sometimes it truly baffles me what they want! I've come across many a profile with monikers like X's Dad/Mom and the first line you see sounds like a command - "my kids come first," "my kids are my top priority," "my kids take most of my time" or something to that effect! Well, not a real turn-on on a dating site now, is it?! If that's all your life is about and if there's evidently no room in your life for anybody else, what the heck are you doing on that site?!

I guess like most people they want to have their cake and eat it, too, meaning they keep their fingers crossed to find somebody who'd be willing to give them something in exchange for nothing.
You write the best posts!

Yes, that's a definite turn-off. I've gone out with a few childless-by-choice men, and we've talked about how this is one of those avoid-avoid-avoid-at-all-costs! scenarios, especially on dating sites. My mom and dad put each other first, with me a close second. Neither of my parents spoiled me or pandered to me at the expense of the other. If I wanted to go see a movie and my parents wanted to spend some "us" time? Too bad for me ... here comes the babysitter. Not to say that I felt marginalized or neglected; my mom and dad were always there when I needed them -- they just weren't at my beck and call.

If someone's not willing to make a relationship or marriage their top priority, that's a ginormous clue as to why they're divorced, IMHO.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,847,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sometimes it truly baffles me what they want! I've come across many a profile with monikers like X's Dad/Mom and the first line you see sounds like a command - "my kids come first," "my kids are my top priority," "my kids take most of my time" or something to that effect! Well, not a real turn-on on a dating site now, is it?! If that's all your life is about and if there's evidently no room in your life for anybody else, what the heck are you doing on that site?!

I guess like most people they want to have their cake and eat it, too, meaning they keep their fingers crossed to find somebody who'd be willing to give them something in exchange for nothing.
HA my fav is when they have it in the profile title of first paragraph praising their skills as a parent "taking care of my kids" "doing right by my chidren" and my all time fav " Unlike some of you single parents i went back to school to make sure my kids are raised proper". I also like when in the profile there is a sentance deticated to telling you that the kids come first so deal with it.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 7,196 times
Hi,let me introduce myself..this could be my first post in this forum since I am a newbie,

anyway, I'm a single mom with 11yrs old son, been divorced almost 9years. Recently in relationship with bachelor guy and I dont think he could accept my son..that will be sad part of me..
everything just pretty unclear for the moment..

Just attempt in my mind, might possible to find someone which it the same page and he might be able to read what single mom actually..to raise children by our own..

honestly, dating online not that easy as we think, too many hassle!
so, I will keep my eyes looking , and still want to remarried again and to be pregnant again with lovely man..in future..

P.S: sorry, my english bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships