Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But then why am I criticized for taking my time for to meet face to face
Probably because of different styles and expectations.

I met most women I dated using online services. I preferred to email awhile to see if we had compatible views and values, before meeting. Some people want to see if there's chemistry (sexual/physical attraction) before spending time getting to know you, so those people will be eager to meet.

I think meeting quickly is often a bad idea. If you ARE attracted, you may get into a relationship too quickly and later find you're a bad match. I'd prefer to find out if we have good compatibility and then see if we're attracted - it takes less time to find out that it won't work, and if you meet and are attracted, the odds are better that it will actually work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Probably because of different styles and expectations.

I met most women I dated using online services. I preferred to email awhile to see if we had compatible views and values, before meeting. Some people want to see if there's chemistry (sexual/physical attraction) before spending time getting to know you, so those people will be eager to meet.

I think meeting quickly is often a bad idea. If you ARE attracted, you may get into a relationship too quickly and later find you're a bad match. I'd prefer to find out if we have good compatibility and then see if we're attracted - it takes less time to find out that it won't work, and if you meet and are attracted, the odds are better that it will actually work.
This may be very good advice in ordinary circumstances. However, TVSG has a self set "dating quota" to meet before the end of 2010.. I am sure there are a number of C-D "groupies" who have knowledge of the year to "date" count, and there are a mere 96 days left in 2010.

TVSG, why don't you check around the office. Aren't there any women you are friendly with, who could line up with a sister or friend?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:26 PM

294 posts, read 743,402 times
I've noticed the same thing you mentioned, TVSG -- the women I'm not interested in, the first contact I get from them is "let's meet".... the women I AM interested in, are cautious and guarded.

As for answering from her email address, a stalker could just put the email address into a search engine and it may link to a site where it's attached to her full name, so I can understand her caution.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
I've noticed the same thing you mentioned, TVSG -- the women I'm not interested in, the first contact I get from them is "let's meet".... the women I AM interested in, are cautious and guarded.

As for answering from her email address, a stalker could just put the email address into a search engine and it may link to a site where it's attached to her full name, so I can understand her caution.
Well someone who responded to me today was also my type and just got back to me after I sent a message last wednesday. So guess what, she is getting my email because I see no point in sending another reply only to get a reply back next week. This though I will send a longer email and en it with my email.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
She wanted to see if you would make a C-D thread about it. Sure enough, you obliged. Now she knows what she could be getting into.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
No TeleDating, Voice Ads instead of Online ads
Hmmm ok. Never did that.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
No TeleDating, Voice Ads instead of Online ads
Why not just go out and mingle with people in the real world? It's not as though you live out in the boondocks, you're in a bloody big city for crying out loud.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why not just go out and mingle with people in the real world? It's not as though you live out in the boondocks, you're in a bloody big city for crying out loud.
That would involve leaving the house. He'd rather sit on the couch in sweatpants covered in Pringles crumbs trying to convince chumps on the internet that he's a catch.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That would involve leaving the house. He'd rather sit on the couch in sweatpants covered in Pringles crumbs trying to convince chumps on the internet that he's a catch.
I know, you're thinking what a catch he is. How do you restrain yourself from jumping through the computer?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
This thread is hilarious!!!

Someone pass the carmel popcorn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships