Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 AM

31,985 posts, read 34,530,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
As some of you know I went out with a co-worker for a drink Wednesday after he had invited me to a party the Friday before. (I have a boyfriend) The whole situation was really laid back and I got the impression he just wanted to be friends. Which is totally fine because I have a ton of guy friends.

Well this Friday night he asked me to get dinner and see a movie with him. I agreed and went out. He's kind of seeing another girl but he specifically told me, after being in a 6 year relationship, he doesn't want to date anyone.

So dinner and the movie were fun. We have a lot of stuff to talk about (we hardly ever talk about work). We haven't so much as hugged so no awkward touchy-feely stuff either.

The problem is he keeps saying weird out-of-place stuff like "Its so cool that we hardly ever talk about work. I feel like I could talk to you for hours". Every night, even when hes with the girl hes been hanging out with he texts me "Goodnight. Sweet dreams. Cant wait to see you tomorrow at work".

Now I'm not the kind of person to respond to that kind of stuff so I Just say "Nite".

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with him. I'm all for having a friendship with him but this is getting a little strange.
Why are you going out with another guy on a Friday night if you have a boyfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 07:32 AM

380 posts, read 794,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why are you going out with another guy on a Friday night if you have a boyfriend?

I go out with guy friends all the time. My boyfriends totally fine with it. He works all weekend and he knows I got out whether its to the bar or to a car meet, and I always go with guys.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 AM

So if you think the guy likes you, and you have a boyfriend, why not just stop hanging out with him?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:17 AM

380 posts, read 794,134 times
Because he hasn't done anything inappropriate. I just cant tell if he has other motives or not.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Because he hasn't done anything inappropriate. I just cant tell if he has other motives or not.
It sounds like you just want the attention, which is fairly typical of younger women. There's no way on earth I would tolerate my girlfriend going out with other guys, especially if those guys were not friends with her before I knew her.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,821,408 times
Quote:
hmmmm. I'm guessing he has something for you. . . . time will tell.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:06 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,297,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
There's no way on earth I would tolerate my girlfriend going out with other guys, especially if those guys were not friends with her before I knew her.
Sounds like you have an issue. I have a ton of guy friends and, yes, I'm always making new ones and I'll be darned if I stop having a social life because I have a boyfriend and I don't really care for hanging out with females. If a guy I'm dating starts that nonsense I nip it right in the bud. I need to have a life outside my relationship.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,408,663 times
Quote:
As some of you know I went out with a co-worker for a drink Wednesday after he had invited me to a party the Friday before. (I have a boyfriend) The whole situation was really laid back and I got the impression he just wanted to be friends. Which is totally fine because I have a ton of guy friends.

Well this Friday night he asked me to get dinner and see a movie with him. I agreed and went out. He's kind of seeing another girl but he specifically told me, after being in a 6 year relationship, he doesn't want to date anyone.

So dinner and the movie were fun. We have a lot of stuff to talk about (we hardly ever talk about work). We haven't so much as hugged so no awkward touchy-feely stuff either.

The problem is he keeps saying weird out-of-place stuff like "Its so cool that we hardly ever talk about work. I feel like I could talk to you for hours". Every night, even when hes with the girl hes been hanging out with he texts me "Goodnight. Sweet dreams. Cant wait to see you tomorrow at work".

Now I'm not the kind of person to respond to that kind of stuff so I Just say "Nite".

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with him. I'm all for having a friendship with him but this is getting a little strange.
This screams naïve!!!

How can you not figure it out?

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams. Cant wait to see you tomorrow at work", do you REALLY think a guy who *just* wants to be friends would write this to you?

P.S. Why are you going to dinner and a movie (DATE!) with a guy when you have a BF? That's a little odd to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,408,663 times
Quote:
I go out with guy friends all the time. My boyfriends totally fine with it. He works all weekend and he knows I got out whether its to the bar or to a car meet, and I always go with guys.
See, here's your problem. You just admitted you go with guys not A GUY. How can your BF not have a problem with that

Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,297,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
See, here's your problem. You just admitted you go with guys not A GUY. How can your BF not have a problem with that
She has male friends, not multiple boyfriends. Male friends may treat you to dinner, drinks and sometimes a movie. Doesn't imply any intimacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships