Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Ladies, seriously, put down the smartphone! You're not that important!
Why should I? You're just not worth noticing, and maybe you're just not any more important than my game of Solitaire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM

237 posts, read 457,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
You are still wrong. But tell that to the Government when your device breaks the Law. I am sure the Police will agree that your texting while driving is your right without delegation. Logic is not a science but a form of critical thinking (of which you failed) see Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).
The original post was about a phone and its use/refraining from use for an individual. How is my using my cell when I want to going to break the law? I am sure that the police will agree that texting while driving is unsafe and is now in some states illegal. However, if you were logically thinking, why would you put your life at risk to text while driving anyways?(another topic) The post was geared towards using it in general, for your OWN entertainment. Far be it from me to utilize something I spent my hard earned money on just because someone else expects that they should be so amazing and deserving of your total undivided attention at ALL times during their presence. It doesn't mean that I am less interested in that person, but I also have a life with other interests.
And how about you try Websters Dictionary, I think Wiki's "examples" are curving your general understanding.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvalLuvah View Post
And how about you try Websters Dictionary, I think Wiki's "examples" are curving your general understanding.
Why not look at many define:logic - Google Search ?
Science is a poor word choice the Websters Author has chosen IMO.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Why not look at many define:logic - Google Search ?
Science is a poor word choice the Websters Author has chosen IMO.
Sorry sweetie, but I passed the spelling bee in 5th grade using logic/logical in a sentence with flying colors. I do not need to explore its definition. Find someone else to play with if you can't play nicely. Surfing sites to find errors according to your understanding of the word(s) isn't a very grown up thing to do. How about you comment on the posters entire point, instead of a word he uses to express his opinion.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
While this isn't directed exclusively at women, it seems to be more prevalent among women.

While you are constantly texting, checking Facebook, tweeting, and gossiping on the phone while you are driving and weaving in and out of traffic, life is actually going on! I recently broke up with an otherwise nice girl who was constantly tethered to her I Phone, constantly on Facebook, and we'd hang out and all I'd here is an annoying chime that would distract us and she absolutely had to see which pizza place her friend was eating at, or which baby picture was being posted.

There is a such thing as being too connected, ladies (and some dudes too). Why is this new generation of girls (generally aged 21-30) feel that everything they have to say is important and people want to read it? Are we creating a generation people who feel extremely self-important?

BTW, I just had enough and I was sitting on the couch next to her when the thing went off like 4 times in a row. So I got up, left, got in my truck and drove off. Peace out. She called me and she said "why the heck did you leave without saying goodbye?" I texted her "Goodbye"....maybe a dick move but I had mentioned several times to her that it annoyed me, and it seemed to be the only way to get through to her.
Don't know how to soften the blow to your ego here, she wasn't that into you, find yourself a women instead of juvenilles that can't use the toilet without calling their girlfriends.

If you're living in a state where driving and talking or texting on a cell is against the law, try reporting the driver, its no different than reporting an intoxicated driver.

Last edited by virgode; 10-03-2010 at 02:41 PM..

Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:

[SIZE=3]So, logistically, he is correct. Welcome to the real world.[/SIZE]
Quote:
Sorry sweetie, but I passed the spelling bee in 5th grade using logic/logical in a sentence with flying colors. I do not need to explore its definition. Find someone else to play with if you can't play nicely. Surfing sites to find errors according to your understanding of the word(s) isn't a very grown up thing to do. How about you comment on the posters entire point, instead of a word he uses to express his opinion.
Yes, I can tell your spelling is correct. Your word choice is something else however and your overall reasoning is faulty.

I would address his several posts using the word Logic that were just plain stupid. I do wonder about your thinking. But once someone uses the word "sweetie", I know all that I need to know, sugar.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, I can tell your spelling is correct. Your word choice is something else however and your overall reasoning is faulty.

I would address his several posts using the word Logic that were just plain stupid. I do wonder about your thinking. But once someone uses the word "sweetie", I know all that I need to know, sugar.
I'm glad you're so receptive honey, now we can move on and I can stop treating you like the little kid you're posting like. Focus on the whole statement, stop nitpickin for someone else's "supposed" faults. It only makes you look weak.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
... It only makes you look weak.
No problem there. Us old people are weak. Thats why we are not surgically tethered to electronic devices like you youngster. We can live without Smart phones. If we do use them, we know basic courtesy. Sad to say, neither the poster I challenged, nor you, can or do.

Another one in the ranks of Teenage Cell Phone Zombies.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb4 View Post
no problem there. Us old people are weak. Thats why we are not surgically tethered to electronic devices like you youngster. We can live without smart phones. If we do use them, we know basic courtesy. Sad to say, neither the poster i challenged, nor you, can or do.

Another one in the ranks of teenage cell phone zombies.
lol...wow!!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,641 times
Actually everyone has different reasons. I am in the promotional modeling business and it is strictly time effcient. Usually the first people who apply for jobs are the people who get the job. I am independent contractor so it is dog eat dog world. I know I have missed out on some jobs because I do not have e-mail alerts. This would help with somebody in my business and I am looking to upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
"More efficient"? Perhaps if you are a Wall Street mover & shaker, or Lindsey Lohan's lawyer...but I fail to see how answering emails and texts within minutes, simply because you can't resist it (and that is really what it comes down to) makes you more efficient. Puleeeez. It makes you obnoxious, frankly. And unable to focus on what is in front of you, for another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships