Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,627,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, it's HP. All my old stuff is HP and I was happy with it for a long time.
I have never really been happy with any HP product. Ever. Just sayin'

Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,970,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I have never really been happy with any HP product. Ever. Just sayin'
Things could've changed... When I say "a long time" I really mean a loooong time.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:46 PM

37,470 posts, read 45,693,187 times
Quote:
Actually it was copying and scanning fine. It just refused to print and it's called a "printer"!

Not yet. Still researching and thinking... The PC is likely to be HP as I'm used to it and it served me well for many years. I don't like the new HP monitors, though. Probably will get Samsung. I am tempted by others (there is a Dell with a better panel), but I'll probably end up getting a monitor from a store because the dead-pixel stories and return policies make me sick. I don't look at this stuff as new toys - to me it's a new headache and I only do it when absolutely necessary, which is the reason I try to be careful and buy top of the line, so I don't have to bother again for quite some time.

I doubt the rest would be any different... It might've had something to do with the interaction with the old drivers. Could've been OK on a new setup, but I had to make sure it works now 'cause Office Depot has only a 14-day exchange (no returns) policy!

Anyway... feeling a bit better on some food and 2nd beer.

Sorry for chewing you up, but you got me in a bad moment with this question.
I have no marks. I ducked.

You see, this is why I have just a plain ol' printer. It does one thing, and it does it very well. I've had the same printer for probably 6 years - and it's still kickin' butt. Of course now that I said this, the thing will probably break next week.

Oh, and I had a fantastic weekend thank you. I got a damn speeding ticket!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have no marks. I ducked.

You see, this is why I have just a plain ol' printer. It does one thing, and it does it very well. I've had the same printer for probably 6 years - and it's still kickin' butt. Of course now that I said this, the thing will probably break next week.
My old one was a 3-in-1 HP, too, and it was fine. Only the scanner quit in the last couple of years. Might've been more expensive at the time, though.

Quote:
Oh, and I had a fantastic weekend thank you. I got a damn speeding ticket!!!
At least you were responsible for it! See how that feels?!

It sucks. I'm sorry.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
It sucks. I'm sorry.
I'm going to try and get the speed reduced...my BF said that it's pretty standard practice. I had no idea...but it's worth a shot if it will keep it off my insurance!! This new car has a lead accelerator!!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,846,055 times
Probably could have gotten a legal distillery going. I'll admit I haven't done enough research on the costs involved in getting started, but with the supportive cast I have around me and the microdistilling scene starting to gain traction, it's doable.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,627,599 times
Quote:
Things could've changed... When I say "a long time" I really mean a loooong time.
Well you are 35 right? If so you only have 3 years on me.

I like my old Epson Dot Matrix printers... (we still use them at work) I remember the first one mom and dad bought in 1984. An old RX-100. Last I knew it still worked...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm going to try and get the speed reduced...my BF said that it's pretty standard practice. I had no idea...but it's worth a shot if it will keep it off my insurance!! This new car has a lead accelerator!!
Maybe it is... Might've been better to get it down in the spot. Once I was about to get a heart attack because the cop caught me doing 20 over (pretty damn easy in CA with a new rental car) and I had even heard this may be considered a felony, but he got it down to 10 over. Well, it WAS downhill and he was hiding down there! Knock wood, I haven't had a ticked in 10 years.

You haven't mentioned a new car... What did you get?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Well you are 35 right? If so you only have 3 years on me.
Where did you get your formula from?

Quote:
I like my old Epson Dot Matrix printers... (we still use them at work) I remember the first one mom and dad bought in 1984. An old RX-100. Last I knew it still worked...
I recall reading bad reviews on Epsons back in the day and don't even look at them... I was about to shell out for a laser one, but then found out it needs 4 colors that cost as much as the printer itself! Not that inkjets are not about the same, but I don't print all that much.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe it is... Might've been better to get it down in the spot. Once I was about to get a heart attack because the cop caught me doing 20 over (pretty damn easy in CA with a new rental car) and I had even heard this may be considered a felony, but he got it down to 10 over. Well, it WAS downhill and he was hiding down there! Knock wood, I haven't had a ticked in 10 years.

You haven't mentioned a new car... What did you get?
Not what I wanted. A FORD of all things - an Escape. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it sure doesn't handle like my Outback did. But, had to get something...the old Subie was getting too unreliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships