U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Status: "But I still haven't found what I'm looking for" (set 12 days ago)

4,373 posts, read 3,316,642 times
Seriously, who can't form an opinion or plan of action without the input of twenty complete strangers. And just looking at some of the thread titles, is this the kind of stuff you really want to share for the world to see? And why should I care about your self inflicted drama?

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:52 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,247,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Seriously, who can't form an opinion or plan of action without the input of twenty complete strangers. And just looking at some of the thread titles, is this the kind of stuff you really want to share for the world to see? And why should I care about your self inflicted drama?
Wazzup, wet blanket...? Dontcha feel a lil' betta?

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM

16,924 posts, read 14,858,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Could be...

So, Ms. IT, why did you dodge my question about CRT/LCD? What was the point of this "improvement" again...? Ha, I looked at LED TVs, too. In the smaller sizes they look worse than my ancient TVs, too. Even the salesperson said there was such a thing as "too much technology"! While it may be good for the gigantic sizes, the smaller ones look pretty darn pathetic.
Didn't mean to dodge...I was at work. Busy. As far as the improvement. it's for the size - the weight. I have a 36" CRT television, and the picture is better than anything I can get on a LCD set. But that sucker weighs about 250 pounds!! It took 3 men to carry the thing in here!

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,449,030 times
I'm trying to figure out how "phantom" is a verb. "Fathom"? I guess?? Out of that whole thread, that's what I'm wondering. I need help.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Wazzup, wet blanket...? Dontcha feel a lil' betta?
Epiphany... I'm not sad and I'm not all alone. The vast majority of people just aren't worth having anything to do with other than casual interactions/social functions.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Didn't mean to dodge...I was at work. Busy. As far as the improvement. it's for the size - the weight. I have a 36" CRT television, and the picture is better than anything I can get on a LCD set. But that sucker weighs about 250 pounds!! It took 3 men to carry the thing in here!
It wouldn't be that big of a problem with the monitors... Wow, I didn't even think the old TVs got up to 36"! Guess you've always kept up with the times!

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM

16,924 posts, read 14,858,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
So this afternoon, after my kids get home from school, my husband calls to ask me to come pick him up from work because he thinks something is wrong with his car. No biggie, I leave the laundry that I was in the middle of folding in the living room, I leave my eldest at home to start his homework and I take the little one with me (it's about a 40-60 minute ride round trip).

I pick my husband and as we are driving home my cell, which is connected to my car radio via Bluetooth, rings and the caller ID says HOME (my home). I pick up thinking it's my son. It's not, it's my mom and she had out of the blue decided to drop by and invite herself and a visiting relative that I barely know, into MY home knowing I wasn't there. She probably sat her in the living room between my underwear and the towels too. I'm FUMING and I don't know if I'm overreacting (my mom has a history of not respecting mine or my husband's boundaries). My husband, who witnessed the whole thing, just has another reason to be with her.

She didn't wait for us to get back and I'm trying to calm myself and my husband down. OK, needed to vent, but I swear...... it's not cool.
How did she get in the house?? My dad has a spare key, but that is for emergencies. My mom would never ever come over without calling - well she might, if she was in the area, but if I wasn't home, she'd be gone. That's just NUTS.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Epiphany... I'm not sad and I'm not all alone. The vast majority of people just aren't worth having anything to do with other than casual interactions/social functions.
And you're here because...?

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
And you're here because...?
The million dollar question... Can't sleep. I got a few percocets around that would do the trick, but I want to save them for when I actually need them.

On a lighter note, it really was a beautiful day in Stephenville, Texas

EDIT: And for a faceless woman who once captivated the interest of a foolish boy.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 10-05-2010 at 09:28 PM..

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:25 PM

144 posts, read 18,367 times
Quote:
Amen and bravo, couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.