Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Does your SO stand up for you when someone cuts in front of you in line or does something else that is extremely rude. How about when someone insults you, cuts you off in when you are driving etc?
Yes he does, sometimes without even telling me. I have never been insulted in front of him, however once I tell him about something someone did to me, he would go and talk to them without telling me. Or just stop talking and be nice to them (if they are just neighbours etc). Of course I can always stand up for myself but I like the fact that he's also looking out for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 10:34 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,076 times
My hubby would stand up for me in a second. No questions asked. Whether I needed it or not.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
No, but both my wife and roommate will tell me if someone says something to me that I didn't hear so that I can stand up for myself if need be.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
My boyfriend stands up for me. Sure, I can stand up for myself, but I like the fact that he does.

He is taller/bigger than me so if some drunk ox at a crowded bar shoves into me me has not problem saying something the ox. I love that about him!

Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Rude people are everywhere, and confronting them rarely does any good, so we just shrug it off or commiserate about the decline of polite society. No point in sweating the small stuff or making things worse.

If anyone is physically abusive, however, we can take care of ourselves - and usually, I'd just keep out of her way as she takes them down, since she's the advanced black belt.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Its usually both of us all over the person. Which causes them to back down quickly.

The only specific times I can remember someone cutting and having to say something are:

Once when we were in line for a water ride and it was a 4 person ride. the people in front of us tried to let thier 2 friends get with them (ahead of us in line) and we were like waaaaiit a second.. if you want to ride with them you can get in back with them! the couple behind us agreed. I know a lot of people would disagree with this, but i really dont see how it isn't considered cutting! Yes it would be nice if we let them ahead of us, but the fact that they were just gonna do it and didnt see why we even said anything...yeah no.
Another time we were at a theme park and a girl wanted to get in line with her friends at the very beginning of the line. Um no, sorry. About half the line just let her push past but not me, sorry! That is DEFINETLY cutting! And Cedar Point's lines are LOONG. I'm waiting in line, so is everyone else, and so will you!

Last edited by thatsong64; 10-06-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Hubby is a lover, not a fighter. I'm a *really* outspoken gal and am almost always the one standing up for herself and/or hubby. Rather than be proud of my outspokenness, hubby is more often embarrassed. Though we've never been in a (potentially physical) situation that warranted a true intervention from hubby, I can't help but wonder how he would react and how it would all turn out. A bit sad to have such doubt in his ability to protect me, huh?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
My husband is very protective of me and stands up for me all the time. It's mainly when people are rude or discourteous to me... I tend to shrug it off as a fact of life but rudeness really sets him off. He doesn't like to let it go, he always wants to confront them.

I've been feeling guilty the last few days because I didn't return the favor. Someone came right out and told me that they didn't like dealing with my husband. I let it go and didn't defend him the way I know he would have defended me.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Does your SO stand up for you when someone cuts in front of you in line or does something else that is extremely rude. How about when someone insults you, cuts you off in when you are driving etc?
Yes, he absolutely does on several occasions and I did the same for him. I'm willing to rip people's heads off for him.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Are you looking for him to go road rage? Don't you think there are more important issues he could have your back on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships