U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,289,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
The problem is 2 fold...one being a society that generally wants women to be virginal and has an issue with them being sexual. The other is most guys *not all* get pissy if they find out their girl has a high number and esp if the number is higher then theirs.

True, but it doesn't respond to anything I said in the post you quoted, or does but in a way psychologists refer to as justification.

S'okay, I've got a pretty high number myself and actually wish I could go back, live it all over again and RESTRAIN myself, be a better man earlier in life, so I don't hold that sort of thing against anyone.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
My personal belief is that you shouldn't do anything that you would be ashamed if other people knew about. That's apparently not how many women operate.

There's no problem with them having sex with 100 guys if they want, but then they shouldn't pretend they are also Mother Theresa either.
This is where feminism has taken women. The feminists are cheering this woman because of the men she had quickies with. These weren't ordinary men - they were the good looking jocks. She wins her feminist stripes not by any accomplishment of her own but by the accomplishments of the men she hooks up with for quick sex.

Instead of admiring a woman for marrying a good looking or successful man, feminism means you admire one just for doing one quickly and easily.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM

3,967 posts, read 3,190,017 times
Quote:
Is that true? It seems to me the only people worried about the numbers women have are other women.

The reality is, it's FAR easier for a woman to get sex than for the average guy to, as a guy needs to be charming, etc have game, where a woman only requires a pulse.

Nah most guys will say they want a girl like that but i find the opposite is true.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,289,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's unfortunate, isn't it? A few bad experiences with men can screw a woman up for the rest of her life. I've been cheated on, I've had rumors spread about me (usually from guys I rejected) and even had quite the bad reputation during a 2 year period of celibacy... that one was interesting. I also had a reputation as a s!ut when I was a virgin... because I was tall and had big boobs. In high school, that means you're automatically easy, even if you haven't kissed a guy yet.

I've experienced working in an all male environment more than once and to this day I still question each and every males motivation for even talking to me. If you don't 'put out', the guy will move on to another girl. When this happens over and over and over again, it's hard not to get a little cynical. When you finally find a guy who is willing to wait a little bit before sex, then come to find out he's been cheating on you with more than one girl and then he blames it on YOU because a 'guy has needs', your self esteem plummets and can cause issues.

I completely and totally understand why that website exists.

JJ, that SUCKS and I'm sorry you had to cope with that -- but unfortunately it's not just for girls, it's simply hard growing up for both, especially in a society which THINKS it's sexually liberated but is merely a bunch of kids running around with the social equivalents of loaded guns.

Where I find myself concerned is that boys (and girls) have done such things to girls in the past and now girls are doing it to boys, publicly and viciously, and many are hailing it as "an improvement" or some kind of advance. It's like no one ever really learned anything from the mistakes of the past.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:54 AM

8,681 posts, read 7,426,107 times
Quote:
The problem is 2 fold...one being a society that generally wants women to be virginal and has an issue with them being sexual. The other is most guys *not all* get pissy if they find out their girl has a high number and esp if the number is higher then theirs.
^^^This.

Urb, men lie, too. They exaggerate about how many partners they had. It's the ol' double-standard in play.

The irony is that the men who scream the loudest about zluts and make an issue of wanting a woman who hasn't had many sexual partners are more than likely the same men who end up complaining several years down the road that their wives--you know, the vestal virgins they managed to find--don't like sex.

Me, personally, if a man asks my number, I tell him it's none of his business. Fortunately, I haven't run into many who are that rude. Those who were did not get to be counted, either.

I know my SO is experienced. He's had his share of different kinds of relationships, mostly long-term but some not so much, as have I. We're well-rounded and well-matched. And neither one of us has any use for terms like zlut. As he said a few months back when Repub was going on about how a woman who sleeps with a man in less than 5 dates is a zlut, "And they wonder why they don't have a wife or a girlfriend."

Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Quote:
Is that true? It seems to me the only people worried about the numbers women have are other women.

The reality is, it's FAR easier for a woman to get sex than for the average guy to, as a guy needs to be charming, etc have game, where a woman only requires a pulse.
Well - there are even men who don't require that.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM

8,681 posts, read 7,426,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's unfortunate, isn't it? A few bad experiences with men can screw a woman up for the rest of her life. I've been cheated on, I've had rumors spread about me (usually from guys I rejected) and even had quite the bad reputation during a 2 year period of celibacy... that one was interesting. I also had a reputation as a s!ut when I was a virgin... because I was tall and had big boobs. In high school, that means you're automatically easy, even if you haven't kissed a guy yet.
A few bad experiences with men can screw a woman up for the rest of her life if she lets them.

I've said I never had a problem meeting good men. Okay, great, whoop-de-doo for Avienne and her semi-charmed kind of life. But I have also run into a few royal jackarses. If I let their behavior stand to represent all men, I'd never have met most of the good ones, because I ran into most of the lousy behavior in my early 20s.

Besides, having encountered jerky boys just makes it easier to recognize a good man when he presents himself. It certainly makes me appreciate the man I have now. Not a day goes by that I don't come away from these boards thanking my lucky stars that my SO is not like some of the nuttier men here. In fact, I joked that my SO should send them a thank-you note for making it easier for him.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM

18,612 posts, read 14,204,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well - there are even men who don't require that.
As much as I don't care or betamanlet He does make some excellent points.

With that being said, pulse is optional, she must at least be warm.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM

8,860 posts, read 10,840,982 times
Quote:
This is true. But I would also add that there are women who like to play the "how many girls have you slept with" game, typically right after sex when your heart rate finally throttle's down below 80 BPM's and the two of you are making that small talk. It's almost a trap because if your numbers are high by her standards, she no longer feels special or thinks you're a dog, if you're numbers are low, well either you're lying or you had some underlying character flaw that prevented you from scoring higher numbers. Not in all cases of course, but often.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,597,084 times
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!!!!!!!!!

That girl has good taste! Hell yeah! Good for her! I've got my fantasy material for the next week. DH is going to be sick of hearing about it...and being those dudes...after about a week. I hope there's not more than 14 of them, because he'll want to switch to another fantasy track, after a week or so, and I may run out of time, before I run out of studs this lucky girl has bagged.

I've only been with my husband (a 6'-3" Cajun, who after a quarter-century of bodybuilding is still hotter than most centerfolds), but we love to talk about what we'd love to do to whom. So, I've got to express gratitude to those who actually get out there and do it. They're the ones generating the new material.

I'd hire her in a minute. And I'd hand the keys to our Aspen place over to her for a week, without a single worry. People capable of self-honesty, which is what this is about, make far better and more trustworthy employees (particularly in executive positions) than the narcissistic, self-deceiving, little goody-two-shoes hypocrites. And they make the best friends.

Good for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships