U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: My Private Island
4,926 posts, read 4,398,113 times
Reputation: 12130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yous do the chillax, bayyyy-beee --
We coo', we coo'...
Ooooh Urban.....your thug...um, I mean urban dialect...is soo sexy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Corydon, IN
2,985 posts, read 2,249,423 times
Reputation: 5625
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ooooh Urban.....your thug...um, I mean urban dialect...is soo sexy!!

Yeah, yeah

I do that to make fun of myself as much as the old-style ghetto-slang from the days when it was still "jive" (yes, I just put a label on my age).


Back in the desert I was with a friend of mine who can speak that stuff, African-American guy who's known me for a number of years, and I rattled some stuff off.

There was this looooooooong pause as the two of us stood there washing our hands before entering the chow hall, and then I said "That just sounds all wrong coming out of me, doesn't it?"

He nodded slightly and said "Yeah... I didn't want to say anything, you seemed to be having a good time."

Let's face it: I've got no thug, just pure Urban Sasquatch. What you see is what you get, although I'll point out that the camera adds twenty pounds and I have about eight cameras on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 AM
 
8,681 posts, read 7,283,506 times
Reputation: 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yous do the chillax, bayyyy-beee -- just the part I referred directly to you, up to and including my agreement with your stance, was directed at you.


The rest was directed at the self-delusional types in the thread who can't see anything resembling consequence for their actions and/or decisions coming down the road and was spurred by watching them repeat things I've often heard elsewhere with regard to justification for the sake of what amounts to nothing more than instant gratification.

That's why the line "for some of the rest of the women in here" existed: Delineator!

We coo', we coo'...
Yep. Upon reading Redisca's delightful response to Nutz, I woke up a little, and went back and edited accordingly. You make good points.

I don't do well with large posts unless I've been awake for a few hours. My bad.

And although House is an extreme, to me, he's the likable flipside to Larry David. Both say things I think but would never say aloud, just that Larry acts purely out of self-interest and House can get absorbed in something other than his own needs, namely science.

Which is not as off-topic as it sounds. I could totally see myself thinking a lot of what Karen Owens has written if I had the same experiences. I just wouldn't publish it--like that. I'd have used the experiences as fodder for some fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 AM
 
Location: My Private Island
4,926 posts, read 4,398,113 times
Reputation: 12130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yeah, yeah

I do that to make fun of myself as much as the old-style ghetto-slang from the days when it was still "jive" (yes, I just put a label on my age).


Back in the desert I was with a friend of mine who can speak that stuff, African-American guy who's known me for a number of years, and I rattled some stuff off.

There was this looooooooong pause as the two of us stood there washing our hands before entering the chow hall, and then I said "That just sounds all wrong coming out of me, doesn't it?"

He nodded slightly and said "Yeah... I didn't want to say anything, you seemed to be having a good time."
LOL...it's ok. You pulled it off......I was able read it the way you "envisioned" it to sound!

I still do "rap battles" with my hubby to the old-school songs every now and then and believe me......I'm not a rapper!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Corydon, IN
2,985 posts, read 2,249,423 times
Reputation: 5625
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL...it's ok. You pulled it off......I was able read it the way you "envisioned" it to sound!

I still do "rap battles" with my hubby to the old-school songs every now and then and believe me......I'm not a rapper!!

Sadly, in my head a great deal of this stuff still sounds like when "Link" was played by Clarence Williams III and Jimmy Walker was "happenin'" rather than a stuck-in-my-past, aging has-been who needed to give it up ten years earlier than he did.

Ain't no thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:21 AM
 
Location: My Private Island
4,926 posts, read 4,398,113 times
Reputation: 12130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Sadly, in my head a great deal of this stuff still sounds like when "Link" was played by Clarence Williams III and Jimmy Walker was "happenin'" rather than a stuck-in-my-past, aging has-been who needed to give it up ten years earlier than he did.

Ain't no thing...
.....but a chicken wang!

Ok, I'm going to stop now, I've gone waaay off topic! Back to our regularly scheduled program......"drunken stupor screwing"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Corydon, IN
2,985 posts, read 2,249,423 times
Reputation: 5625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Yep. Upon reading Redisca's delightful response to Nutz, I woke up a little, and went back and edited accordingly. You make good points.

I don't do well with large posts unless I've been awake for a few hours. My bad.

And although House is an extreme, to me, he's the likable flipside to Larry David. Both say things I think but would never say aloud, just that Larry acts purely out of self-interest and House can get absorbed in something other than his own needs, namely science.

Which is not as off-topic as it sounds. I could totally see myself thinking a lot of what Karen Owens has written if I had the same experiences. I just wouldn't publish it--like that. I'd have used the experiences as fodder for some fiction.

I'm a morning person... very type-y before the sun comes up.

I should find a coffee icon to preface my morning posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
 
8,681 posts, read 7,283,506 times
Reputation: 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I'm a morning person... very type-y before the sun comes up.

I should find a coffee icon to preface my morning posts.

This vampire will try to remember that. If I get to sleep before 3:00 a.m., it's an early night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 AM
 
1,592 posts, read 1,888,271 times
Reputation: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well I would hope my friends would not publish the most secret things I have told them. I do not know if a law has been set protecting private info sent through email. I know in speech/print its called slander/libel. So whoever published the material can be sued. She did not publish it. They did. ( or so the story goes at this point)

Do you think your friends publish all your email and most intimate conversations?

I would not of sent that out but its because I am paranoid and know most people are not trust worthy if given the chance. Not to mention how females can be when they are jealous. That would of been where my mind would go but I am not in my late teens/early twenties. People are very trusting at that age.
You should be able to email your friends anything anyway without a fear of them using it against you to embarrass you.

I don't think it would be considered slander/libel because she shared information that was allegedly true about them, not false. Its only slander/libel when its false. Also, being athletes, they are public figures. Therefore, the only way they would have a case against her is if she shared information about them that was blatantly false and that she did so in a malicious way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
14,812 posts, read 7,643,412 times
Reputation: 32705
This is something she will never live down. Like it or not, society condemns promiscuity in women far more than it does the same in men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top