Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This is something she will never live down. Like it or not, society condemns promiscuity in women far more than it does the same in men.
I don't think this is true, at least not as it once was. Women are no longer expected to be virgins at marriage, divorced women are no longer pariahs, unwed mothers are still frowned upon in polite society, but at the very least, they are not treated like they have leprosy and their kids aren't mistreated by neighbors as a matter of course. And on the male side, having a blog like that would be just as damaging to a man's reputation as to a woman's. Employers would see him as a sexual harassment risk, he wouldn't be able to have a career in politics (and he may find it difficult to obtain a law degree, for example), and potential wives would find him unacceptable for a whole variety of reasons. Do you really think women are lining up to marry Tucker Max?

I know, there is a semi-regular poster on CD who brags about his wife's virginity while simultaneously trashing all the numerous "sl uts" he's slept with (defined as any woman who has sex out of wedlock). But, this attitude is unusual in this day and age and, so long as we are talking about "living down" one's reputation, how much do you want to bet his wife simply doesn't know he talks about her and his sexual past this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 01:19 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Men are absolutely THRILLING creatures: particularly athletes in their prime.

That's all the motivation anyone needs. That girl has experienced some fabulously beautiful men. She's made memories that will be with her for the rest of her life. Having sex with magnificent men is not a symptom of some sort of defect. It is a sign of someone who makes their own opportunities.
Thank you for proving malamute's point earlier that it's the status of the men that matters. If she was hooking up with fat slobs or even just average guys the feminists wouldn't be giving her accolades, they'd be questioning her low self-esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
a misogynist is someone who does hate women, whether he formally declares it or not. Every comment about women that I have ever seen you make on CD was extremely disparaging and filled to the brim with resentment.
Good for you, then there should be plenty of threads to cite where I've done just that. Instead all I'm seeing is feminist rhetoric and a distinct failure to back up your claims.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
It's not going to hurt her personal life, but it will definitely hurt her professionally. We all get googled now when we are a serious candidate for a "career" job.

Everytime it comes down to her and another candidate, reading story after story about drinking to the blackout stage then losing control is going to make the other candidate the better choice. She seems like a budding alcoholic. I know that most likely it was just a college phase, I surely was rocketing down the beers myself. But an employer has to make the best decision based on the fact presented, and the facts are going to hurt her.

If there really is a book deal to be had she better take it and promote the hell out of it, get the money while she can.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
One guy was describing every power point slide waving his hands and they all seemed to think it was funny

I feel sorry for the duke boys. They will live with this for the rest of their lives.
All they have to do is explain to their girl friends and parents that they were extremely drunk when they took this bar fly home and they've stopped drinking like that. They can tell mom that they don't even remember leaving the bar with this piece of trash, that they don't want to drink like that any more and that will be the end of it.

It's not like they had this woman for a girlfriend or ever intended to bring her home to meet the parents. It'll be just one of those "sowing their wild oats" things in the end.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
All they have to do is explain to their girl friends and parents that they were extremely drunk when they took this bar fly home and they've stopped drinking like that. They can tell mom that they don't even remember leaving the bar with this piece of trash, that they don't want to drink like that any more and that will be the end of it.

It's not like they had this woman for a girlfriend or ever intended to bring her home to meet the parents. It'll be just one of those "sowing their wild oats" things in the end.
Well that's exactly right. They will just say she's a drunken sports groupie skanky bar fly, and since every post starts off with slamming down beer at the local watering hole, that's not so far from the truth.

"Although I was lying next to someone whom I had never found particularly attractive, I had somehow, in my black out state, still managed to crawl into bed with a Duke athlete."

Empowering indeed.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Casual as in, I know nothing about you nor do I really care to, yes I do, although not for the same reasons. For me any person who minimizes themselves to simply satisfying their immediate pleasure and gratification, has nothing to brag about. When a man's little head, yanno... the non-judgmental one, rules a man's actions... that says something about him too. Bragging rights... meh, what's to brag about? That girl has likely done the same to dozens of other guys before you and likely more after you too. Lastly, without any thought a man that goes for drunken casual sex has potentially exposed himself to disease and/or the possibility that he will be bound to this practical stranger for the next 18 years and 9 months, at the minimum. Stupid is what it is.

I also see some hypocrisy from those that make the argument, "Women have needs and urges too". Those same people would look down at those that don't control their urge to eat to the point of obesity, be lazy to the point of being non-productive and cheat because it's not natural to be mongamous.

Control, discretion, judgment and foresight, those are qualities I respect in both men and women.
It really wasn't all that casual for this woman. She spent a lot of time on creating her 48 page power point presentation - gathering up the photos of her "conquests".

You get the impression that this was more the work of a woman scorned. How did she really feel deep down that these guys were glad enough to pick her up for a sure bj and easy hump session but did any of them ever so much as take her to a movie or be seen with her at a party?

How did she feel that when they got girlfriends, their girlfriends were classier and prettier? That all she could ever be is the girl that if she hung around at the frat bar long enough, someone would leave with her?

I think she created this piece for many to see - and she was trying to get back with all those men with the only thing she knew about them - their looks and their private parts. Likely all throughout her high school years, she was just a piece of action and never the girl any guy took home to meet family.

She's filled with too much bile to think it was just casual fun, she's mocking men for their dick size, thinking that's a way to get even with them. The only thing she got from them was the dick - so that's all she has to try to hurt or embarass them with. It wasn't like some FWB relationship where there might be some affection between the players, she was only good for a night or a quick booty call. She desperately wanted to be close to jocks because they are the popular guys but she knew they would never want her for anything but quickie sex.

She's lashing out with this - and trying to be cocky and arrogant in her belittling of them but behind her words is a lot of anger and hurt. Trying to show that all she cared about was being the booty call or drunken state bar pickup - but it's highly doubtful any woman really only wants that.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well that's exactly right. They will just say she's a drunken sports groupie skanky bar fly, and since every post starts off with slamming down beer at the local watering hole, that's not so far from the truth.

"Although I was lying next to someone whom I had never found particularly attractive, I had somehow, in my black out state, still managed to crawl into bed with a Duke athlete."

Empowering indeed.
I know - guys will laugh about the kinds of women they brought home in their drunken state.

One guy was telling us how he woke up one morning and actually prayed that he was impotent. He said he looked at the hideous mass in his bed and his first words were "God, please make it be that I was impotent". Then he woke her up and told her to get dressed and out his apartment.

For these Duke guys - sure they'll have to explain to their girlfriends and parents how they never meant to get that drunk and they're sure glad they don't drink like that any more and it will all be good.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:41 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
I don't think it would be considered slander/libel because she shared information that was allegedly true about them, not false. Its only slander/libel when its false. Also, being athletes, they are public figures. Therefore, the only way they would have a case against her is if she shared information about them that was blatantly false and that she did so in a malicious way.

Actually, that's not correct. Truth is only a partial defense. What's more, it's highly debatable that these men are public figures. They don't hold public office, they aren't celebrities (and even celebrities are protected by libel law), their names are not household words. Most people don't know those guys from Adam. I'd bet the rent they are not seen as public figures in any libel suits that might come out of this.

And not for nothing, but a good attorney will show where there was malice, too.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know - guys will laugh about the kinds of women they brought home in their drunken state.

One guy was telling us how he woke up one morning and actually prayed that he was impotent. He said he looked at the hideous mass in his bed and his first words were "God, please make it be that I was impotent". Then he woke her up and told her to get dressed and out his apartment.

For these Duke guys - sure they'll have to explain to their girlfriends and parents how they never meant to get that drunk and they're sure glad they don't drink like that any more and it will all be good.
Yeah even if you read her own words it's clear they viewed her as a skank... and frankly she views herself as a skank too. You have to really have a low opinion of yourself to bed a guy who treats you like crap like this.This guy didn't even bother to buy her a beer, just a quick dance then straight to bed. He knew all about her reputation and saw no need to spend the $5, and clearly viewed her as common trash:

Quote:
After many long looks exchanged between us on the path to and from Wilson Gymnasium, he finally approached at Shooters II and asked for a dance before suggesting that we exit the premises. It was on the cab ride back that I discovered he was rude, Canadian, and spoke mostly in French. Needless to say, the warning flags were waving furiously, yet, in the interest of my research and out of a perverse curiosity, I decided to continue towards his apartments.

Memorable moments: None. He was terrible, did not even bother to kiss me more than a few seconds, and finished in about five minutes, after which he simply walked out of the room and did not return.

Pros: He was at least a successful athlete, and was fairly lengthy; he had a good body.

Cons: Absolutely everything else about him and the situation as a whole. Also, I accidentally left my favorite pair of earrings from South Africa. When I texted him this fact, he responded with “I will leave them outside of the building for you.”

Raw Score: 1/10. Seriously.
Personally, I am pro-casual sex but only if a woman
A. Can do it sober and prefers it that way.
B. Has orgasms.

But let's be honest it really isn't all that easy to have a great time banging a guy we've just met. And by a great time I mean actually climaxing. That's why there always seems to be a low self esteem angle to these stories. If you aren't even getting off, exactly why are you doing it?

Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
The more I think about it, the more this chick better hope no one gets a bug up his butt about taking her to court. I'm not an attorney, but I am a journalist, so knowing what I know about libel law, she should be sweating bullets right about now.

The statements made in the presentation were meant to ridicule and shame the men in question.

The presentation is considered published because it was deliberately sent to third parties via email.

She was drunk at the time the events happened, and she is very clear about that in what she wrote. That right there is discrediting.

It's highly likely she was sober when she put the material together. I'd ask her that, under oath.

Her friends can be called in, too. If Owen didn't make any attempt to stop the spread of her material, that's one more point for malice. Her apologies now are crocodile tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships