U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 AM

23,932 posts, read 20,242,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Its not about her having sex with alot of men (13 in 4 yrs). Its what she did after the fact. Some guys will screw anything & these lame jocks proved it. I have read about owens on other websites & people that know her have said shes sorry for what she did & shes laying low. Idk if shes being harassed but im sure she got some nasty comments from people. As far as jocks they tend to think they are better then anyone else (cheerleaders also) & many worship them. Go figure!

She's laying low....................ironic choice of words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 4,398,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She broke no laws. She just placed herself in a position where her character will constantly come under question. It may not come under question by all, or by most, but it will come under question by enough people who are important enough to really make a negative impact on her future. It's obvious that she certainly did not think of this when she blacked out and had sex with all of those ballers, nor when she wrote about it, nor when she sent out her well-crafted Powerpoint presentation. She's gotta live with it now.
And today, companies are very sensitive about their image.

A few years ago, at a football game after it had snowed, the fans were upset by how terrible the home team did. So some threw snowballs onto the field. The local newspaper got a picture of one guy doing it (even though hundreds of people were doing it) and that guy got fired from his job. He wasn't "projecting a corporate image". Was he at work? No. Did he play hooky from work? No.

And yes today, companies are paying people to scour facebook, tweeter or whatever those things are called for anything that may give a negative appearance for the company. If they find it, you can bet that person is going to not be there much longer.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:39 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,999,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
And here I had my hopes up for you to write a book on that diary.
And tell everyone about my secret hopes and desires??? Vagina story is as far as I'm willing to go.
Besides, it would be a pretty short one.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 4,398,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
And tell everyone about my secret hopes and desires??? Vagina story is as far as I'm willing to go.
Besides, it would be a pretty short one.
LOL. I was hoping to hear about the one with the clown shoes and the clown car.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:40 PM

9,714 posts, read 12,301,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post

And yes today, companies are paying people to scour facebook, tweeter or whatever those things are called for anything that may give a negative appearance for the company. If they find it, you can bet that person is going to not be there much longer.
I don't have an exact quote but one of the clients I work for as an independent contractor, when I sign my contract every year, there is now a clause in the contract about watching what you say on any social networking sites that is job related or posting pictures from work events and doing such could result in dismissal.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:32 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,312,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Anyone have any idea where this is heading, cause I think I've got a pretty good idea and a front row seat to the show.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 AM

47,586 posts, read 35,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Just going slightly off topic… forget Karen for a minute, how many men think women in general have “issues” if they sleep with a lot of men?
Everyone has issues. Women who want to sleep only with men who are very special to them have "issues" you could say. Their issues are just quite different than women who lurk in the bar once or twice a week going home with someone or another. And their issues are quite different than rock star or sports star groupies whose issues involve some sort of celebrity fetish.

Men all have issues of one kind or another also. Some want a life partner who hasn't slept with half the town, that's their issue.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:20 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,842,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-full-duke-university-****-list-thesis-from-a-former-female-student/gallery/#

Good for her. Even though it was never meant to go further than her friends, it’s about time women stopped hiding. Men brag about their sexual conquests all the time.

You go girl!!!
How is this a "you go girl" type of situation???

Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,349,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
How is this a "you go girl" type of situation???

Haven't you been paying attention? Here, let me break it down for you:

Men are pigs and jerks, and to get back at them for their piggish jerkiness, many women have decided to BECOME men in the name of "enlightenment", thereby proving they're capable of anything men are, even if that capability is disgusting, trashy behaviour.

Come on, YOU say it now:

You GO, girl! You GO!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,772,643 times
OH MY GOD I can’t believe the “you go girl” thing is being brought up AGAIN. Please, PLEEEEEEEEEEASE go back and read what I have explained about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships