Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I just started reading this thread and didn't even finish and I doubt that I will say anything that haven't been said already, so I'll just say that I did keep personal notes of my romantic adventures and still do. It's called DIARY. You know, the little book that I keep far away with a little lock on it, written in my native language. This was MY way to remember my feelings and my experiences. Putting it on the internet, in such great detail and send it to even just 1 SINGLE FRIEND would violate my own privacy beyond belief.
This girl did something so stupid, there was no bigger revelation here then her own lack of judgement.
I don't judge her for her sexual choices, not for a second. I can't help but to feel sorry for her, because she basically ruined her life and did some damage to lives of others. I don't know whether or not it was calculated, and I don't want to say that she is this evil human being, however, her insecurities, stupidity and desperation are glaringly obvious.

ETA: Just speaking from myself and this forum, I feel like I need to put a little disclaimer, just in case. People may say some candid and private things on this forum, however, names are never disclosed, the profiles are usually set to private. Just in case someone feels the need to point that out.
And here I had my hopes up for you to write a book on that diary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
And here I had my hopes up for you to write a book on that diary.
Forget a book. Do the blog first and save yourself the hassle of having to pitch a book proposal yourself, because if the blog is sordid, er, popular enough, the publishers will come to you. Anonymize and monetize, I always say.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Just imagine how bad this is gonna look for her future job prospects. Potential employers who use the internet for background checks aren't gonna want to deal with her.
Why? What she did, even though it went public, was her personal life. She didn’t break any laws.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:16 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Why? What she did, even though it went public, was her personal life. She didn’t break any laws.
No employer is gonna want to hire someone who could potentially do something like that to her coworkers.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM

256 posts, read 894,241 times
Quote:

It shows poor judgment, immaturity, and brings up the question whether or not she can maintain confidentiality.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
It demonstrates a person who regularly has alcoholic blackouts. That's no one's top choice of a job candidate.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:

She broke no laws. She just placed herself in a position where her character will constantly come under question. It may not come under question by all, or by most, but it will come under question by enough people who are important enough to really make a negative impact on her future. It's obvious that she certainly did not think of this when she blacked out and had sex with all of those ballers, nor when she wrote about it, nor when she sent out her well-crafted Powerpoint presentation. She's gotta live with it now.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
I think her best bet is to do a 180 and take some time to do the extreme opposite of what she did, good things with which she can arm herself. Do some community service, maybe in a rehab shelter, and get a letter of commendation. Work with a couple of public fundraisers, preferably getting her name in an article or two. Better yet, be a speaker at some student awareness event about the dangers of drinking. Then she can face employers and say "Look, I did some really stupid things in college that I deeply regret"--who hasn't?--"but I graduated with good grades and here are all the positive things I have done since then." She can turn it around.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
She could go ahead and change genders.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
Quote:
Just going slightly off topic… forget Karen for a minute, how many men think women in general have “issues” if they sleep with a lot of men?
Its not about her having sex with alot of men (13 in 4 yrs). Its what she did after the fact. Some guys will screw anything & these lame jocks proved it. I have read about owens on other websites & people that know her have said shes sorry for what she did & shes laying low. Idk if shes being harassed but im sure she got some nasty comments from people. As far as jocks they tend to think they are better then anyone else (cheerleaders also) & many worship them. Go figure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships