Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 03:44 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

I've noticed many posters including the OP have refered to the BF as a loser, a loser wouldn't watch his own children or take care of house while his SO worked and got an education, he be out doing what he pleased. So it looks like hes not terribly ambitious. Does he threaten you? Is he demeaning, verbally abusive, physically abusive? Is he a drunk, a drug user, a drug dealer? Is he a cheater?

From what you've posted hes controlling and jealous and gets emotional, not healthy. If you want friends, you don't have to ask him for permission. Invite your friends over to your house to hang out and don't play into the tears and manipulation. He should have the option to get out the house with his friends as well.

If its a matter of getting married too young and feeling as though you've outgrown him and the loves no longer there, just leave it at that. You can end the relationship without calling him an abuser or a loser.

Best Wishes

Last edited by virgode; 10-09-2010 at 04:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 05:25 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
All I can say, is be pragmatic...who will be paying the bills when he leaves? Can you support yourself and kids? How tight will money be? Don't think you will be meeting Prince Charming and fall in love, the Prince is not looking for a Momma with two pieces of baggage. So, go into leaving with your eyes open. It will be you, alone, with your kids. If that is okay, and what you want...do it. But don't leave with the fantasy of a new life with a new guy.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:50 AM

143 posts, read 258,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've noticed many posters including the OP have refered to the BF as a loser, a loser wouldn't watch his own children or take care of house while his SO worked and got an education, he be out doing what he pleased. So it looks like hes not terribly ambitious. Does he threaten you? Is he demeaning, verbally abusive, physically abusive? Is he a drunk, a drug user, a drug dealer? Is he a cheater?

From what you've posted hes controlling and jealous and gets emotional, not healthy. If you want friends, you don't have to ask him for permission. Invite your friends over to your house to hang out and don't play into the tears and manipulation. He should have the option to get out the house with his friends as well.

If its a matter of getting married too young and feeling as though you've outgrown him and the loves no longer there, just leave it at that. You can end the relationship without calling him an abuser or a loser.

Best Wishes

You're right....I know he's not a COMPLETE loser. I mean, he has ambitions and things he wants to do and he does work at night. I guess he's just not a 'winner' when it comes to the relationship between me and him.
What makes it hard is that I'm not angry with him. I feel like it would be so much easier if he did something and I was mad about it. Not that I WANT him to do anything, it would just make the process easier.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:16 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
You could end it with pills, or jump off a building.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why did you shack up and play house with a guy like this, and bear his children?
Da HAMN. That was exactly the question I was getting ready to ask.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Paul Simon said, there's 50 ways to leave your lover......

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don’t need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 PM

81 posts, read 188,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.stevers.xo View Post
I've been in a relationship with someone for 7 years. We have 2 kids, and we were each others first everything. We had a 2 yr period of "off and on" about 4 years ago in which a lot of things happened. Lies, cheating, general disrespect...etc etc....I was young and naive and let it go and decided to continue on in the relationship.
I have been growing alot as a person and becoming more confident in myself and realizing a lot of things I didn't realize when I was younger. Looking back I should have done a lot of things differently, but I didn't.

In the past few years, my SO has also become more of a man, also. He is becoming the person who he wants to be and I care a lot about him but I am not in love. I don't want to marry him. I want to be single and I don't see myself with him. We have out fair share of problems and I just don't want to try anymore because I am not feeling it. I can't live my life unhappy, just to make him happy. It's not fair to myself.

My problem is I have never had to break up with anyone. And I don't know how. I know that seems silly and I could just say ok bye and kick him out. But it's hard when I don't have any harsh feelings against him. And he's a great father, and I know he's going to take it badly. I feel like I'll be taking his family away and I don't want to do that but I just can't be in this relationship any longer.
Please help!!!
Need I say more..

Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball View Post
Need I say more..
Was that a lame attempt at trying to point out arrogance?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm not a fan of couples therapy in general but for you two it might be worth a shot. Your problems all seem to stem from immaturity on both your parts, and childish ideas of what life is supposed to be like. It's unfortunate that you feel you should get a "do over" because you screwed everything up the first time around, especially since you brought kids into the world. This is exactly the reason society is so messed up right now...people like you.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM

362 posts, read 392,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball View Post
Need I say more..
No, and you can quit coloring as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships