Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,864,073 times

Advertisements

Just stupid, and if your gonna go get into trouble haul off and pound him in the nose with all you got, then walk. Why be a little wimp over it with a drink that cost you money when you can just pound him and really show how you feel. Either way you get in trouble with the law these days, if there is a witness.

Basicly i would avoid the whole thing. The above is no suggestion, but i just hate little females tricks. My x set me up, asked to meet in public at a bar, and introduced me to some jerk. I shook his hand before i knew he was a jerk, and when i tured to the bar to get my 1st beer the guy sucker punched me from behind.

That was his last mistake that night, and a few bouncers had a wild cat of me to deal with to get me off him. Sure I got in trouble with the law, but it was worth every last cent.

She was so casual too, smirking while she introed him to me, and so what did i do, but break her new toy. She wasn't so happy about that.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,789,723 times
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM

484 posts, read 1,212,371 times
Legally, throwing a drink on someone in this manner is assault; no different than spitting on someone really. Will you be thrown in jail for it? Probably not unless you do this in a podunk town where they don't have anything else going on or if the police officer is having a bad day. You would most likely be ticketed and released. You'd eventually have to go to court and answer for your actions. Definitely not worth it, IMHO. The guy will just tell everyone that you are a crazy b*$&@ and everyone around will agree.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,427,619 times
It could be considered assault. A local man was arrested this weekend for spousal abuse because he had a pillow fight with his wife, and she objected. Ridiculous? Perhaps. But the "victim's" perceptions and the objective actions can be interpreted in many ways.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:23 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,302,425 times
If I am going to be so bold as to risk facing charges, you can bet I'll be going a bit more creative than just throwing a drink/water on him.

However, I have not ran into anyone (past or present) I am willing to risk such over. Consider it reward enough to just move on with your life as some have not been so lucky.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 PM

228 posts, read 498,748 times
Take the high road. The air is much cleaner up there.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,579,247 times
Women that do this I would describe as "desperate clingers".

Whether you can get away with it legally or not, I don't think really matters. Get some counseling.

I think anytime in life you do something you have to consider the time and effort expended versus the results. For one thing, doing something like that just tells the guy he really made a great decision in doing a runner.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 AM

37,032 posts, read 41,957,933 times
Someone close to me once threw a drink in someones face at a crowded bar. She said it felt like a glorious scene from a movie. It wasn't an ex though, but it was a guy who habitually annoyed her and caused a lot of drama. I never thought about "assault" or anything legal like that, the only thing that happened was she was asked to leave the bar, but only after people cheered her.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,083,275 times
Is the throwing the contents of a glass, but not the glass itself, into a person's face considered an assault?

Your answer in this case depends on the type of court you are asking about. Civil courts and Criminal Courts differ in their analysis. When recovering personal injury damages, traditionally assault requires actual physical injury, or severe mental anguish. However, battery could be proven whenever there was an offensive touching, even without injury. Offensive touching would include getting a drink thrown in your face.

The state of Texas (where I practice) has renamed battery as assault by offensive physical conduct, but the idea is the same. The measure of damages that can be recovered for such a case include actual damages for mental anguish, without any showing of physical injury. A plaintiff may also recover exemplary (i.e., punitive damages), interest, and court costs and attorney's fees.
Justin B. Demerath

O'Hanlon, McCollom & Demerath
Attorneys and Counselors at Law
Austin, Texas Personal Injury Attorney

Personal Injury - Is Throwing A Drink In Someone's Face An Assault? Q&A Archive on Lawyers.com

Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,438,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Women that do this I would describe as "desperate clingers".

Whether you can get away with it legally or not, I don't think really matters. Get some counseling.

Exactly....the fact that shes not a US citizen and she and her parents conspired to use him to get a green card figures into the scenario. Hasn't seen him in 3yrs, this goes beyond "desperate clinger". You'd have to know the post and thread history and many have been deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships