Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He says it hurts his neck when he kisses me and that when we're sleeping his toes only touch mid calf on me... ha.

The complaining is getting old though.

Are you trying to get him into a half nelson or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
He says it hurts his neck when he kisses me
Let me tell ya from experience! It DOES!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM

223 posts, read 166,416 times
[quote=JetJockey;19900876]Actually....anthropologically speaking humans (and animals...and yes, we are animals) have always chosen mates by looks. Different cultures look for different things which is why you have certain cultures force feeding young girls, stretching the necks with rings, tattooing their bodies, binding their feet etc. all to appear attractive to potential mates.

No, we are not higher animals. We have the kinds of minds animals don't have and we haven't chosen mates by looks. Some cultures at some times? Maybe. But what about all the arranged marriages and arranged from childhood or birth? What about the marriages based on a woman picking a good provider (loyal, dependable, hard working, solid) and a man picking a woman for her abilities at raising children, being a steady, dependable mate as opposed to "sexy" "pretty"?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
We are not animals and (is it?) 4.5 million years of human life? No, this looks fetish is fairly new re human life. Did people choose by looks 200 years ago? In Europe during the old days? In Africa? Check this out. Humanity was wiser in the older times.
yeah this being attracted to others is new.....are you trying to tell us that never in your life you have not see an attractive person before? If you have, then you have judged this based on what you decided was attractive, which is what others are doing with you, but they are not judging in your favor. Attraction is not a 'new' thing its part of how we as humans tick.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
[quote=BobThe;19901020]
Quote:
Actually....anthropologically speaking humans (and animals...and yes, we are animals) have always chosen mates by looks. Different cultures look for different things which is why you have certain cultures force feeding young girls, stretching the necks with rings, tattooing their bodies, binding their feet etc. all to appear attractive to potential mates.

No, we are not higher animals. We have the kinds of minds animals don't have and we haven't chosen mates by looks. Some cultures at some times? Maybe. But what about all the arranged marriages and arranged from childhood or birth? What about the marriages based on a woman picking a good provider (loyal, dependable, hard working, solid) and a man picking a woman for her abilities at raising children, being a steady, dependable mate as opposed to "sexy" "pretty"?
I agree with you Jet

BobThe: your either naive as hell or...naive as hell, i'm not sure which one.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:48 PM

223 posts, read 166,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
yeah this being attracted to others is new.....are you trying to tell us that never in your life you have not see an attractive person before? If you have, then you have judged this based on what you decided was attractive, which is what others are doing with you, but they are not judging in your favor. Attraction is not a 'new' thing its part of how we as humans tick.
I've seen attractive women, attractive men, attractive paintings, attractive designs on boxes, attractive sunsets but I didn't judge any of it in anyone's favor. Hey, I looked beyond.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM

478 posts, read 809,469 times
Attractive often does actually work to indicate better genetic quality.

Very quick google search:

attractive men have better sperm: Handsome men have the best sperm - 29 May 2003 - New Scientist

attractive faces correlate with shoulder-hip ratios and grip strength (both traits that tend to demonstrate superior physical strength) in men:
http://www.epjournal.net/filestore/ep06469479.pdf

highly masculine faces tend to indicate stronger immune systems:
Are rugged good looks really more attractive? - Ghana Community Online

By searching the internet you can find many sources, including abstracts of peer reviewed studies, that indicate attractive faces suggest better health, strength, and vitality that go beyond just skin deep.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:12 PM

478 posts, read 809,469 times
One other observation that I'll add to the conversation. I'm as white as they come, but I have noticed that african american women seem to like my height much more than women of other races. Asian women (stereotypically) like white guys, fewer seem to respond with attraction to me. My height seems kind of neutral with white girls, but many african american women make a point of coming up to me and telling me how much they like my height. Have any other very tall (6'4"+) guys noticed this?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM

142 posts, read 345,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaadin View Post
One other observation that I'll add to the conversation. I'm as white as they come, but I have noticed that african american women seem to like my height much more than women of other races. Asian women (stereotypically) like white guys, fewer seem to respond with attraction to me. My height seems kind of neutral with white girls, but many african american women make a point of coming up to me and telling me how much they like my height. Have any other very tall (6'4"+) guys noticed this?
I didn't want to take it there....... But I noticed this also. When I was 5'6, I would get crapped on by AA women. I usually date Latina, and when I was 5'6 it wasn't a big deal. At 5'9 now, I have more AAs approaching me than ever (and I'm not even tall), but the attractive face/nice body comments come up from the AA group where before I was met with snicker after snicker.

I usually tell the super height challenged to go for the Latinas and Asian as stereotypical as it sounds. I hope I didn't offend anyone and if I did I apologize.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM

142 posts, read 345,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
See, but it is what it is. You can't be mad at someone for preferring something over another. It's there preference for whatever reason it is. You cannot force someone to like you. Venting is one thing, but we're not going to change anyone's minds. Social conditioning? I think it is engrained. Women always speak about feeling protected. It has nothing to do with whether a tall guy is skinny or not, that feeling of being dwarfed = protection for many.

That's not going to change. I did my LL because I wanted to one up my position in the big picture. This is why I gave the example of other countries. You play the hand you are dealt. In countries where the average height of a man is 5'4-5'5, 5'9 + guys will clean up because they are taller.

You can be short and successful with women if you are willing to put up with a lot of the bullcrap that comes with being short (we don't have a choice), but it will go with being perfect in just about every other area. Many women will forgive a man's character flaws if he is tall enough (subconsciously, many wont admit it). Very typical to hear "If he's short he needs to be exceptional". Why is this? Doesn't matter why it is. That's the way it is.

Sierra gets it (she gave me a rep comment on this one). This is why Leg Lengthening was essential to me. Height is a CASTE SYSTEM for males in the Western World. The only way to change my position was to GET TALLER, and Leg Lengthening while painful was my ticket to a new life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships